Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Pain of living with him

Alone
I am still hoping that my husband is having a mid-life crisis and will come to his senses.

Hope is the best thing to have in the world. I do hope that if you and your husband can work it out that it happens for you. Stranger things have happened. But don't let hope come before you. You did go on and say that you don't know if you want him back and that is the point that you have to remember. Once a man or woman decides that they don't want to be in a relationship hope takes a back seat.
I really had to think through the hope. I NEVER wanted a divorce. I thought I could will my ex to want me. After his first affair I gave hope the benefit of the doubt. I hoped, prayed and wished that the words " I slept with someone else" would be just a dream. I forgave him. Forgiving and forgetting are two separate things. Looking back I realize that I never really forgave him. I said I did but the betrayal, hurt and sadness were just to much to forget. When my ex "decided" he wanted to be with someone else over me he took part of me. The forgiving, kind and loving part. I still struggle with being a forgiving person. Seems that since he took that part of me when he cheated I have become a hard uncaring person. To live 9 more years hiding the betrayal from family friends and most important myself was harder on me than actually dealing with the affair. We ( better said ME) tried to glue our marriage back together. The only thing I didn't try was Krazy Glue. He cheated again and again. Until finally I was numb to what he did. I no longer cared. I filed for divorce. A step that was harder to do than I thought.
Now to work on getting the part of me that he stole. Step by step I am becoming the person I was before he destroyed me.
None of this might make sense my point is that IF BOTH of you are willing to work through the affair then it can work. But if he is still seeing her then there is no hope.