Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
a
Ang
Separated
Hi, I want to remain unanimous. I’ve been married for 17 years. My soon to be ex filed for divorce last year in Sept 2020. I am hurting and told him we should not communicate. On and off since then he finds a way to text or email me. Mainly about some bills a...
Views: 197   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 6, 2021 11:05am
by Jen
d
Dolly
Visitation with an absent Parent
I am a 16-year-old who wants visitation with my father, whom I just met 3 years ago. My mother refuses to let me though, what should I do?
Views: 118   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 6, 2021 6:10am
by Kaz
Thinking about divorce
We've been married almost 17 years and we have 2 children. My husband is stubborn and will not try to understand my perspective. He has a good job, is a decent dad and not physically abusive, no cheating, and no drugs or alcohol. I've felt like we are incompatible m...
Views: 261   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 2, 2021 8:06pm
by Anonymous
Completely shattered
All my life, the idea about being truly loved by someone has always fascinated me. I am from a broken family and the toxic environment has always made me crave for a happy family of my own. That’s the reason why I rushed with marriage when I met someone after s...
Views: 360   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 1, 2021 7:50am
by Becky
Divorced at 29
I cheated on my spouse
Views: 134   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 31, 2021 4:28pm
by Aime
How did you feel on your first night of living alone again?
Hi, I have been married to the same guy for 30 years. We’re both in our 50’s. He’s divorcing me and isn’t interested in trying couples counselling/won’t try to work things out with me. Our house has now sold and he’s pushing throug...
Views: 209   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 31, 2021 9:23am
by Jen
p
Persis
FT Podcast Callout - Finances of Divorce
** Journalist Request - looking for podcast guest who wants advice on the finances of divorce *** Hi all, I hope you don't mind my posting on here. My name is Persis, I am a producer on the FT Money Clinic podcast. Each episode focusses on a financial problem or q...
Views: 139   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 31, 2021 7:56am
by Persis
d
Dee
Next 4 yrs
Looking for suggestions or advice on how to keep my sanity and how to prepare for divorce . I have to stay married for 4 more years and I'm having a struggle handling the frustration of living daily with alot resentment I feel about my husband and the situation . I d...
Views: 187   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 31, 2021 5:44am
by Trully Mason
k
Karen
Divorce
Anxious can’t be married to my husband he has drinking issues and won’t stop for us, worried that life after divorce will be harder than with him. I’m almost use to the the toxic marriage after 20 years but know it’s not exceptable
Views: 186   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 29, 2021 4:18pm
by Renay
d
Diane
Karma please tell me it exists
I warn you ,I have had a glass of vino or 3, My so called husband , cheated on me several times , with the last ***** twice, I am now in the position where I have to sell the family home , rehome 2 very much loved dogs, they were requisitioned because one of my sons...
Views: 224   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 28, 2021 6:26am
by Kaz
Mentality abused
My ex is still bothering me he was mentally abuse and everything is my fault. Was married for 30 years just trying to not break. How do I move on from this and live my life and be happy again.
Views: 216   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 27, 2021 4:30pm
by Josephine
Infidelities and betrayl
Family members need therapy sessions for infidelities and betrayl from past relationships and current relationships the mother confessed to secrect affairs years ago in a book she wrote family members have betryed a few Busineses partners and close friends for improp...
Views: 192   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 27, 2021 3:54pm
by Kohle kardasahia...
I want to leave my mentally and physically abusive husband but I have zero support
I am 20 and currently a second year university student. I got married when I was 19 and just got into university. I met him through social media but he was a former student of my university and was doing his masters abroad. he acted like he was the perfect human bein...
Views: 163   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 25, 2021 1:21pm
by Mary Cudney
Writing a book about your experience.
Hi I went through a divorce and a death of a spouse and want to help others through their journey. I am in the process of setting up a Facebook group to offer a strategy to recover your dignity and a whole lot of hope. By helping you write about your struggles for yo...
Views: 138   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 25, 2021 1:12pm
by Mary Cudney
d
Donna
Does the loneliness ever go away.
Hi all! New here. Was w my spouse 40 years, married 32. This May we will be divorced 1 year. He cheated w a co worker and drank himself into oblivion. I felt my only choice was to go so he would make himself get the help he so desperately needed. My kids live out of...
Views: 225   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 25, 2021 12:45pm
by Light
Solution for everyone
Good day everyone, My name is Isabella Williams from London, United Kingdom. I am totally excited and also here to share my testimony to the world. First of all, I want to say big thanks to DR. MASAKO for bringing joy and happiness to my life, for restoring my relati...
Views: 229   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 25, 2021 8:37am
by Saiyara
s
Smitty
Financial stability
Hi all, I have been contemplating divorce for a long time now after 26 years of marriage. I don’t care for him he’s selfish and controlling. He has a very good job and a good 401(k). I stayed home most of the time while the kids were growing up and work...
Views: 199   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 25, 2021 8:15am
by Smitty
Any online therapist/counsellor who I can afford?
I am in a very bad shape mentally. I am 20, a university student, married for one year. I am not financially independent. My husband is very abusive, he has been abusing me for around 8 months now. I want a divorce but I don't have any family support. I have zero fr...
Views: 171   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 25, 2021 5:21am
by Kaz
f
Fran
The problem with men
Before feminism, women were unhappy, restricted and oppressed by men with limited opportunities. Then came feminism. They gained enormous opportunities, including political power, sexual freedom, reproductive rights, affirmative action, gender specific public entitle...
Views: 196   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 23, 2021 7:50am
by Not a simpleton
l
Loa
How am I to move on?
Hi, I’m going through a difficult time. My husband wants a divorce. He hit me with it out of no where. We have been together for 8 years. We share 4 girls together under 6 years old. two years ago his father died and he started up old bad habits. He said he is...
Views: 286   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 23, 2021 3:30am
by Alice
How to get through this...
Married who I thought was the one for me. We dated for 6 months and I got pregnant. I was open to abortion and he told me we should get married and he will always be there for me yada yada. We got married and I moved out and lived with him in his trailer on a base (h...
Views: 325   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 23, 2021 2:38am
by Alice
Confusing Emotions 7 yrs later
After 23 yrs of marriage, I left my now ex-husband. That was seven years ago. Our divorce was finalized six years ago. My ex- started seeing someone only a few months into our separation. A couple of days ago, I found out that they have broken up. Since then, I've b...
Views: 236   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 23, 2021 2:11am
by Alice
t
Tyche
Divorce Story
I just posted a short, low maintenance post but also want to tell the full story for those who are willing to read. At the start of the pandemic my spouse fell into a depression. He's a workaholic and when he suddenly had to be home he went into free fall. As th...
Views: 240   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 22, 2021 11:12am
by Tyche
r
Robin
Hurting, angry, sad, sick
I am 56 years old, been married for 33 years and my husband wants a divorce. He came to me out of nowhere 3 weeks ago and said he’s been having an affair for two years, is in love with her and wants to marry her. I feel like I’ve been kicked in the stomac...
Views: 257   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 22, 2021 9:53am
by Tyche
c
Cait b
Ghosted
My soon to be ex is a very private person who also doesn’t like to deal with everyone and any argument or confrontation he will hide or run. Previous to this two times in the condo before we were married I told him I wanted to spend more time and be a little hi...
Views: 115   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 21, 2021 12:16pm
by Cait b
a
Ann
Divorced At 58 Yrs old
Hello I have been with this forum before....I divorced my-ex Husband October 2020 after 33 yrs of marriage and he was begging for me to go back to him by sending videos of himself saying (he cannot live without me being on his side , he is in suicidal , why am I doi...
Views: 214   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 21, 2021 8:26am
by Ann
g
Ginger
Angry spouse
I go to church and my husband said he won’t go bc of people like me. He’s a former deacon. I like it drink every night and he’s a recovering alcoholic.
Views: 237   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 20, 2021 5:32am
by Nora
a
anon
Advice needed - constant conflict over parenting
Married ~ 10 years and we have two elementary age children. High conflict marriage, especially since having kids, as we are not on the same page with parenting. The kids do not respect or listen to him and he blames me - according to him I am too sympathetic towards...
Views: 117   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 20, 2021 5:26am
by Kaz
h
Holly
Can’t move on
My husband of 26 yrs has decided that he is no longer in love, everything is my fault why he has fallen out of love. He tells me he hasn’t accomplished anything or feels he has nothing to show for himself. He doesn’t spend anytime with me or his two girls...
Views: 258   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 19, 2021 4:20pm
by Sharon Cooper
The other woman
I’ve been married for 30 years separated for a year and a half. My husband has had a number of affairs over the years and I stayed bc I believe in my vows and I believe people deserve 2nd chances. This time he left I never thought it would happen. I’m dev...
Views: 396   Replies: 15
Last Post: Mar 18, 2021 12:30am
by Woman
h
Hm
How come fear is holding me back?
So I had a mental breakdown and told my husband this morning I am unhappy and depressed being married to him. I told him constant fat shaming me and embarrassed to take me around you family and still says I can’t go around for future hurts cause he cares to muc...
Views: 148   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 17, 2021 4:58pm
by Paola
Separated and pregnant
Good morning everyone, I am Star Lopez, three weeks ago my ex and I broke up. He decided that our love had ended a long time ago. The bad thing is that I’m pregnant and I’m overwhelm. I have a 10 year old and an 8 month old. He already has a new girlfr...
Views: 106   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 17, 2021 7:34am
by Star Lopez
I'm afraid of being alone
I thought I have met a guy I love and loves me back. I thought I was ready for marriage. So I said yes in December 2019 to a guy I dated for one year. But, I regret the decision that I have made. I sacrifice my career for him, I was supposed to be transferred to anot...
Views: 244   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 16, 2021 12:47pm
by Kelly
Divorce
I’ve been married to my husband for 22 years and we have had our ups and downs. He’s been pushing me away for a couple of years now. I’m told that he can’t give me what I want anymore to go find it if that’s what I want. I love my husban...
Views: 156   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 16, 2021 9:41am
by Hm
s
Suzie
Passive Aggressive Husband
So I married my high school sweetheart nearly 30 years ago. Things were good for the first 10 years, then communication broke down. He had an online emotional connection on plenty of fish with another woman and we separated for about a year. I made the mistake of get...
Views: 279   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 12, 2021 8:48am
by Paola
a
Ann
Divorcing at 58 yrs old
Hello I have been married for 33 years We had an fight and during the fight husband lightly pushed me from my should and said to me “you lucky to be alive” These phrase scared me and I left home We had many arguments before but this phrase is somethin...
Views: 322   Replies: 11
Last Post: Mar 11, 2021 10:25pm
by Ann
ex- husband terminal sick
Hello Everyone I would like to know from Everyone from this forum what do you think or what is your opinion? I divorced my ex-controlling husband about a 1 year ago And he is terminal sick Should I attend his funeral if something happened to him ... Now or c...
Views: 129   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 11, 2021 9:45pm
by Diana
l
Lynn
On the brink of divorce-what’s holding me back
I’ve told my spouse several times I wanted out of the marriage and he has said many things that are ridiculous, frustrating and even worse he says, “but I want you and to see my kids.” Mind you one child is 15 and the other 8. He’s had all the...
Views: 269   Replies: 10
Last Post: Mar 11, 2021 8:32am
by Lynn
c
CL
Very hurt and can’t get over it!
Hello My now ex husband and I have been divorced since June 2020. We had problems for years for what I thought were because he was controlling jealous selfish and just basically an *******! We had been together for 25 years and married for 20 years when we divorce...
Views: 348   Replies: 12
Last Post: Mar 9, 2021 6:05am
by CL
d
DeeAnn
Beyond hurt and confused
My husband and I had an argument a few weeks ago on a Wednesday, on Saturday he emailed me that he wanted a divorce. I was completely caught off guard. How can you tell me you love me one day and want a divorce the next day? Its not like we were fighting all the time...
Views: 294   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 4, 2021 6:53pm
by DeeAnn
n
NANCY
Can you ban trolls?
A nasty piece of work troll is on here. Can't you ban people who are abusive?
Views: 138   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 4, 2021 8:48am
by Diane
Need advice on child support, alimony
Here’s my situation. Looking to divorce we have 4 children all under 18 years. Husband attended school last 4 years, stayed home cared for the children. He’s done with his degree can get a job but refuses. He lives several hours away and had wanted to ret...
Views: 154   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 4, 2021 8:47am
by Kelly
4 years divorce grief
I am glad to find this forum. Therapy has not been helpful and there are no support groups in my area. I am 59 and was married 20 yrs. Four years ago my husband decided he didn't want to be married anymore. He preferred to live alone. We had problems. Did not communi...
Views: 196   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 4, 2021 8:33am
by Kelly
p
PL
annoyed at myself & attorney
My soon to be ex and I already have a settlement agreement and signed (late Dec/early Jan) and I'm waiting for my divorce decree. (the divorce judge granted the divorce Feb 2,2021) I had to pay for his attorney's fees, pay spousal support (lump sum) and I soon have t...
Views: 218   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 3, 2021 12:09pm
by PL
f
Fiona
1st Step
I've finally decided to give up on him. Fed up from being lied upon. Used and abused for the sake of his kids from 1st marriage. Taken for granted. Just tired. But i do not know what and how to do it right. No kids involved, no family support on my end. As my famil...
Views: 135   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 3, 2021 8:28am
by Kelly
I want a divorce, he doesn’t, and is perfectly happy
I’m in my late 30’s, and I’ve been married to my husband for 14 years. We have three kids together. We’re college sweethearts and have been together/dating for 21 years. He is my best friend, and I am his. I love him very much, but I am no lon...
Views: 193   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 3, 2021 8:18am
by Kelly
a
Abby
I miss my kids when they are with their dad who moved away
In August my kids’ dad moved 8 hours away because .... freedom, whatever. My kids are 9 and 11. He will go for many months without even calling the kids, but then he’ll go through a phase when he wants to be with them. Since coronavirus he’s had the...
Views: 160   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 2, 2021 8:43pm
by Kimberly
support
i want to get information on how my mother can divorce my horrible father but still be able to support 4 children
Views: 147   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 2, 2021 6:38pm
by Kathleen
b
Birdie
Divorcing Trauma..?
I have been with my husband for almost 10 years, married for 6. My husband has lived a very rough life- living in poverty, finding his father deceased at 6 while his entire family was living in a hotel, and then slowly watching his mother wither away from cancer afte...
Views: 206   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 2, 2021 5:45pm
by NANCY
Divorcing in my late twenties
My husband and I have been together for ten years, married for four. We started dating when I was only 17 years old, and he has been a huge part of my life. We've always had communication issues when it comes to fights. And over the years our fights have become more...
Views: 146   Replies: 11
Last Post: Mar 2, 2021 3:02pm
by Kika
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26