Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: lowrance fish finders

I got the hds gen2 touch 9 last year....my alarm is is barely audible. I sold my raymarine C80 to upgrade to
the lowrance touch.....bad move....i cant stand all the clutter on the screen. All sorts of junk in the upper third of the water column. Never had that problem with the Raymarine... I never liked big johns or forrys lowrance when i was on thier boats....I should have trusted my instincts!!

And yes I have fooled with the zoom and sensitivity and all the other settings. I think the clutter is a thing with the lowrance.

so it is the alarm. what ive been doing with the clutter is setting up the screens with both the high and low frequency transducer side by side, it doesnt mention that in the book and originally i thought the multiple screens all had to be different. seems one or the other will have the extra clutter on top

I would call Lowrance and ask them to send a tech out and set it up for you. they must have regional techs for our area. Just keep hounding them until you get satisfaction. they have been around for years and I would venture a guess they do care about customer satisfaction.
good luck