Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tough charter Saturday am.

Fished east side of Winni Saturday morning. Water temps 62 -64, wind out of the NE :-( Fished flys & metal. All bites on flys, B&G an Spey flys top 15' of water. 5 bites, 5 fish on for 5 - 10 seconds. Typical spring morning, plenty pollen and debris in that top 15'. Heard there was large Mayfly hatch previous evening. What Salmon are in Winni are eating well. Better than some other Lakes Region waters!! Just keep fishing.. Capt. Bob

PS Little better luck Sunday morning fishing for fun. But still a very difficult bite.
62207600-1168304773340829-5072813717578579968-n

Re: Tough charter Saturday am.

i believe i saw you buzz by us on saturday, near welch. we had a slow morning too, one small laker first thing, and then a fat 19" salmon later on mid morning. had another hit at about 11 but pulled the hook. was a heavy fish too. all our action was on spoons, not a touch on the flies. and they were all on the riggers between 15 and 20'. that last hit was 17' down on with flashers and an aqua colored guide special about 8 ft behind the blades.

New boat,Bob?

Thanks for posting

Your doing better than most Bob!

Keep up the good work!

Dan

Thanks guys. Yeah, couldn't resist offer Green's Marine made me to trade up to 20' model. It's one sweet boat. Gonna take a little while to get it to the catching machine the 18' was, but I'm sure I'll get there. With chartering season heating up soon, I'm glad I made the deal!! Here's my cell phone so you can call me when you see me OTW. (603)344-8698. Capt. Bob

Congrats on the new 20 footer!!! I was just going to send you a picture of the new 21 foot Hewescraft Sea Runner that Erie Marine just outfitted. Sweet boat with full blue color and extended transom with a pair of Suzuki's and Minn Kota Ulterra installed with Lowrence finders. Check it out on their site!

I'm getting skunked too Dan..... Chatter's very quiet on Winni. Bows are slim picking to in my spots. Hoping F&G get's it together for the future!!
62421951-1168304830007490-434717489981554688-n
Capt. Bobby

Hi Bob;

Well they stocked the same small bait fish this year as expected due to the issues at Powder Mill. Starting next year smolts will be reared out of the Nashua hatchery. They will once again be able to utilize hot water and nutrients to drastically increase the smolt size before stocking. I figure about three years before we see a difference...

I would hate to be a guide right now trying to please clients with such limited salmon. Are you chasing lakers too??

I'll be out in the morning giving it a try, maybe I'll see you out there!

Dan

Just not ready to target Bass Dan. I'll be targeting more Lakers for sure. There's some 4 YO Salmon to play with this year along w/sparse 5 YO's. Sure wish they'd of pumped some Bow's in the lake last fall.

I'd like to say I don't understand the "State", but I worked for them for 34 years in DHHS. I better stop there, this's a fishing site :-) Captain Bobby