Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
b
Bruce
where are you staying at derby?
Just curios where everyone is staying during the derby next week. westay at the Lazy E on Paugus Bay we usually start the first day on saunders/sanders bay take your pick which one. Good luck in the Derby Bruce
Views: 242   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 13, 2006 7:14am
by Bruce
Want AWESOME Customer Service? Go to A.J.'S!!!!!!
Just wanted to post a small message and say that A.J. over at A.J.'s Bait and Tackle is one of the most customer friendly people i have ever met, this was only my second time in his store and he treated me like i've been going there forever, If more buisness people h...
Views: 362   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 12, 2006 11:19pm
by Dave from up nor...
Will 5"of rain help or hinder tournament results?
I am interested in the opinion of the fishermen who read this message board whether the expected 5" of rain will help or hinder fishing during the tournament? The runoff could cut down on visibility, increase water temp, get the fish moving more...Just wondering what...
Views: 366   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 12, 2006 9:13pm
by Steve G
Lake Ontario
Nothing but fun, Lena and I spent 4 1/2 days fishing lake Ontario. We landed 42 kings in the boat and missed about half that many. We had 10 over 20 lbs and 2 over 23 lbs. Sunday evening we landed our first triple with kings, they were 16, 19, and 23 lbs. This made f...
Views: 395   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 12, 2006 8:57pm
by WoodNWater Rolan...
Furuno fishfinders
I currently have a Lowrance but thinking about trying out a Furuno color unit..Anyone know anything about them ?
Views: 328   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 12, 2006 7:30pm
by Proline
controllking installation
Who runs this device and are you happy with it?? When installing this do you have to remove the tiller handle?? I run a 9.9 honda kicker and I have to put on a rag on top of the motor cover and attach a bungee cord around the tiller and hook it to the back of the mot...
Views: 444   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 12, 2006 7:10pm
by YOAdrien
Fishing this morning...
Guess some of the YoAdrien luck rubbed off on me... I took a friend out on the boat this morning (launched in Center Harbor) and we landed 5 salmon and a laker... lost a few others at the boat... (releasing them anyways, so that was fine)... and missed a few hits off...
Views: 469   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 12, 2006 2:44pm
by slipknot
Steelhead Photo
Hey Adrien, can you e mail me a copy of the "Winni Steelhead" we caught, I want to include it in my book, "Memories of Rookie Fisherman". I couldn't copy it from the message board for some reason, maybe too big, the fish that is, not the file.. LOL. John S.
Views: 400   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 12, 2006 9:52am
by Popeye
f
forry
Boating in New York
My buddy Ilucas and I are thinking about taking a trip out to lake Ontario. what are the law regarding registering our boats. I am from MA he from NH can we use our boats on Ontario or do we have to register in New York as well? any input will help thanks.
Views: 378   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 12, 2006 8:13am
by charlies charter...
Need a partner?
I thought the Derby was this weekend of which I am working. Salmonitis tell me it's next weekend and I'm off. The short of it is if anyone looking for a partner for the a day or the weekend gimme a shout.I am not a donkey and have fished with 2 of the best fisherman...
Views: 375   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 12, 2006 7:07am
by M.T. Net
Looking for Charter Buddy..
I work nights (4-12) and want to take a charter with Travis. All my fishing buddies work a "regular" schedule. If anyone else is in a similar situation and would like to split the cost of a weekday charter than let me know. Would only want to split with one other per...
Views: 359   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 12, 2006 6:09am
by Mark
Fishing on Friday Afternoon!!!!!!!!1
Watch out Winni Salmon, I'm going fishing with the sunapee crew, Maybe Ill finally understand their language LOL Got invited to go out with Rick, Fisherman John, Haven't seen them since i pulled their moose out last fall Can't wait to go fishing with them and Hopeful...
Views: 352   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 11, 2006 9:33pm
by Dave from up nor...
Thanks For Rubbing it in Guys LOL (Nice message on cell phone)
To my buddy's Adrien, John Sampson, Slipknot (or sliphook? Gonna have to tell me about that one LOL) Thanks for the Message on my cell phone saying you were KILLING them Def. made me laugh and put a smile on my face listening to that message after a stressful test LO...
Views: 282   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 11, 2006 9:24pm
by Dave from up nor...
What a day!
Stareted off slow as slow can be. For a few hours all we got was 1 clingon salmon on the rigger about 17". Things were getting desperate. We headed to "THE GOODSELL CHANNEL OF DEATH" After 1 pass and no hits we changed up everything. We loaded the rods with a couple...
Views: 564   Replies: 13
Last Post: May 11, 2006 9:19pm
by Dave from up nor...
Say hello to my little friend
"My little friend" got jealous of all the fame of "PIMP SPOON" and requested his time in the sun. He knows how to get 'er done when others fail. I was just really bored and sampson sent me a box of tape.
Views: 529   Replies: 10
Last Post: May 11, 2006 7:24pm
by slipknot
Cabela's Coming
Just heard on Ch.9 that Hooksett voted $18M for infrastructure to accomodate a new Cabela's retail /resturant complex. Should pave the way for opening in early '08. Cal
Views: 507   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 11, 2006 6:34pm
by John H Sampson
Thursday fishin
fished from about 1130 to 230 for something to do with only 1 salmon to show for it 21 inches fishing for me has been slow i fished tuesday morn till about 1030 with only one small laker boated. i cant seem to pinpoint were they are. water temp is 52 deg both fish we...
Views: 404   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 11, 2006 5:07pm
by FISH MASTER
Thursday
fished from 1130 till about 230 for somethin to do caught only on salmon 21 inches in meredith fish was about 4 feet down. also fished tuesday morn with only one small laker all morning water temp was 52 cant seem to pin point were they are i tried deep up to in the...
Views: 253   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 11, 2006 5:02pm
by FISH MASTER
Quabbin laker
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j56/brown_boat/Dennis_Quabbin_Laker1_4_06.jpg I take credit for netting only ! 9.5 lbs. Quabbin Laker.
Views: 408   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 11, 2006 3:55pm
by brown_boat
photo's
how do i put up a photo here ?
Views: 440   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 11, 2006 2:10pm
by fishlessman
Yo Adiren!!
Adrien Little Bro (POPEYE) said you might be interested in a place to bunk for the derby. Give me a call if you are interested office 603 640-2302 cell 603 398-6265 or email billfinnjr@aol.com later Throbbin Rods
Views: 445   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 11, 2006 12:57pm
by THROBBIN RODS
more fishin reports
we need more fishing reports on here i see everything but fishing reports
Views: 451   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 11, 2006 10:55am
by Dave from up nor...
Proposed Rule Change at Fish & Game
Hello Fellow Fishermen- Asking a favor here. Currently at fish and game there is a proposed rule change that would open up 31 trout ponds and rivers in NH for no closed season for Fly Fishing only. While I am an avid Fly Fisherman I strongly oppose this change and...
Views: 399   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 11, 2006 10:08am
by Chappy
parasitic worms!
The past two weekends I've been lucky enough to get out on winni with brian aka "reel it up". Each time we've gone out I've been lucky enough to bring home a salmon and last week a nice rainbow also. After gutting the fish that I have brought home I have found some k...
Views: 326   Replies: 11
Last Post: May 10, 2006 11:27pm
by trebble hook
g
Glen L
New to board
Hi all I have been reading the board since last fall and just wanted to say how much i have enjoy learning about what everyone has to say about the great fishing we enjoy on lake Winni. I have learned a few things from all of you and look forward to learning and sh...
Views: 423   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 10, 2006 11:15pm
by Glen L
m
Mike
Derby Reports
Can anyone tell me if there is a radio station or a web site that will give derby updates hourly or so during the derby? Thanks Mike on the "Fair Chase"
Views: 464   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 10, 2006 7:00pm
by Mike
s
Salty
Fishing Wed. am
Will be on the pond in the am. Will be on channel 12.
Views: 377   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 10, 2006 6:20pm
by Salty
great start to a very slow night!!!!!
took the wife out on newfy last night.got to the honey hole 5:30 put first line back 100' and down 10' put stacker on turned around to get 2nd rod go to put it out and see a good size fish jump 3' out of the water behind the boat FISH ON 20" 4lbs fatty rainbow. then...
Views: 404   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 10, 2006 2:34pm
by laker taker
otter boards
well ive got an easy troller ordered, change jar set up for a kicker, and now im looking at my big planer board. almost all the salmon, and all the lakers ive caught this year on sebago have been off the planer beween 5;30 and 7 in the morning. days have been slow wh...
Views: 327   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 10, 2006 1:13pm
by fishlessman
Charter Advertising
Travis- I own Fair Way Funding - right down the street from AJ's - I just came across your site while looking at AJ's for some gear. It looks great - good luck with it. If you're looking for a good spot to post charters, give me a call and I'll put a flyer up in my...
Views: 328   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 10, 2006 9:12am
by Cool Water
Date duh...
I thought the Derby was this weekend of which I am working. Salmonitis tell me it's next weekend and I'm off. The short of it is if anyone looking for a partner for the a day or the weekend gimme a shout. Thanks
Views: 344   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 10, 2006 1:14am
by M.T. Net
Squam report
5/07/06 Strong NW wind at the start, weatherman was wrong again, wicked chop and white caps as soon as we hit Church Island. Water temperature at the start 51 degrees on surface, same at 16’, got up to 54 degrees. 5:45 While setting up leaving Church Isla...
Views: 363   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 9, 2006 11:01pm
by Dave from up nor...
w
w-fat
Best time of day the drive home from work
After a full day of dealing with wee-tads at work. I said to myself, self, fat, u need to go boating. So I hitch up the boat all by my one-zees. And head for my home lake, spa-fud. I put on 2 mooselook-customs. Thats mooselook, not Mooseleuk thats a lake in ME. where...
Views: 323   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 9, 2006 6:19pm
by w-fat
Looking for something?
Hey everyone, Was curious if anybody might have a small outboard motor they may be looking to sell, Looking for one for my 14ft flatbottom for the local ponds and river, Or any suggestions on somebody who likes to play with small outboards? I have a 7.5hp gamefisher...
Views: 355   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 9, 2006 4:04pm
by Dave from up nor...
Looking for marine radio
Anybody out there have an extra or used radio they would like to sell? I'm looking for something not that expensive. If you have something, pop me an e mail Thanks Bakerman
Views: 252   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 9, 2006 11:49am
by Bakerman
Lake Ontario
Anyone interested in fishing the big lake for more than 1 or 2 days check out this web site. www.catfishcreek.com Last year we stayed in a hotel in Oswego and ate every meal out and it cost more than I wanted to spend. Catfish creek is between Oswego river and the...
Views: 313   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 9, 2006 11:07am
by Ernie Schreiter ...
Thanks Slipknot
I returned your drift bag, put it in the entryway where I found it. Thanks, there were a lot of small details that made having one in my hands while I made mine, real handy. The one I made came out great. I tried it today at the lake and it works fine! It gives...
Views: 459   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 9, 2006 8:20am
by TankDriver
Fun Day on the Pond!
Fished today aboard Coolwater with "wantsbigfish" and "bakerman"(: Fishing wasn't hot and furious but we did manage 7 salmon and one laker. We also had a few short hits. Had a great day with friends in the boat and enjoyed conversations on the radio with DAVE(LOL),...
Views: 409   Replies: 11
Last Post: May 8, 2006 10:01pm
by Wantsbigfish
YO JOHN SAMPSON
HI JOHN IT WAS NICE TO MEET YOU SUN I HAD SEEN YOU ON THE BRAGGING BOARD SO I NEW IT WAS YOU WITH ALL THE BANANAS DID YOU RUB THAT SPECIAL DB WITH THE BANANAS HEY I HAVE AN IDEA TAKE ALL YOUR EXTRA PHONE BILL MONEY AND BUY A RADIO. BUT MAKE SURE YOU MOUNT IT GOOD SO...
Views: 455   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 8, 2006 3:37pm
by John H Sampson
Who's gonna be on the water tommorrow?
Hey everybody, Was just curious who was going to be out on the big lake tommorrow, We should be down there monitoring ch12 as always Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines Dave!!!!!!!
Views: 321   Replies: 12
Last Post: May 8, 2006 11:57am
by Ernie Schreiter ...
real men dont use canvis??? cool water & salty quite the pair!!!!
Sunday afternoon we started in center harbor area as we allways go up to some of our good spots. we have always caught good size fish. Suddenly I noticed a nice boat [striper] in an area we fish quite a few times a year. As we turned into this [secret spot] I noticed...
Views: 514   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 8, 2006 9:44am
by charlies charter...
For all you newbies out there
While being pretty new to the message board, I have noticed some postings about how to catch fish on Winnie. Just a little story for you. Last year, after having little luck catching salmon in the Derby, I e mailed Dick Phinny (sp) who does a colum in the Union Lead...
Views: 537   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 8, 2006 9:40am
by salmo
eagle claw rods
i like the yellow rods, but my old penn that i like to fish with doesnt fit the reel seat. the rods i have are the 6 pound test and have the trigger grip. do they make this rod with the bigger reel seat trolling style grip in the lighter weights. a substitute maybe?
Views: 369   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 8, 2006 9:29am
by Salty
Just did some Practicing for the Derby LOL!!!
Well, went out all day today till about 2:30 all we got was one big fat ugly smallmouth (sorry bass guys LOL) and a couple of misses, but overall for me it was a great day!!!! Was with my best friend,Talked to some great people on the water, (Slipknot&family, Travis$...
Views: 466   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 8, 2006 7:33am
by Bakerman
Not much action today
BrianF and I tried our luck this morning from 5 til 11:30 or so... only boated one 19" laker and lost one unknown from same hole. Other than that...nothing. Heard others either having luck or catching nothing. One guy was even ready to throw his tackle box in the po...
Views: 379   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 8, 2006 7:32am
by Dave from up nor...
Hey Jason @ Paugus
Just a heads up ...I gave a couple guys from NY your store phone number. They are interested in Jigging machines. Just a heads up in case you hear from them.
Views: 398   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 8, 2006 7:25am
by Proline
Where were you ??????? Testimonial for AJ's Yellow rods.
YOAdrien, tried to call you this morning at 3:15, no answer, maybe I was calling too late ????? (only joking) By the way, let me tell you all how I lost my cell phone. I was on my way to the gas station to fil er up (ugh) for the ride to Squam the next morning, tr...
Views: 324   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 8, 2006 7:12am
by John H Sampson
Views: 255   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 7, 2006 8:55pm
by YOAdrien
Lost cell phone
Anyone that has my cell phone number, if you try and call me, I can't answer it. I lost my Verizon cell phone today, perfect ending to a completely screwed up day. I have a Nextel that I also carry, 978-423-1045 if anyone cares to call me tomorrow on Squam or anyt...
Views: 383   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 7, 2006 7:12pm
by YOAdrien
Great talking to everyone
Had another enjoyable day on Winni.. fishing alongside CoolWater and Dave... and chatting with Salty who was eating quite well today from the sounds!!! Geez, wish we had jumbo shrimp... Had a bunch of hits and short fights after the first salmon we landed but we coul...
Views: 373   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 7, 2006 6:47pm
by Dave from up nor...
Website power - Merrymeeting
Took a chance at Merrymeeting this morning. Much to my surprise, all the giant pot holes, ruts and broken ramp hot-top was filled in with large gravel and sand. The water is up a bit and launching was uneventful. Caught 5 rainbows, one to 20" all at 3 colors, ugly or...
Views: 386   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 7, 2006 2:23pm
by Starfire
A65 for sale Fishfinder and GPS combo System pack
MSRP $2049 GPS - Fishfinder system pack all ready to go $1250 used once. Unit, GPS Antenna, transducer, dsm25 digital sounder module, all cables, mount, and cover. I'm going back to lowrance and getting the LCX111cHD I can't handle all the changes from Lowranc...
Views: 437   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 7, 2006 8:21am
by YOAdrien
thursday fishin
strated in saunders and headed out toward the broads with a few loops and what not between. were able to get about 8 salmon and 3 lakers. fish were on live bait early from surface to about 15 feet once 10:30 came we switched over to hardware. it was 75 deg and flat a...
Views: 459   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 7, 2006 6:40am
by RamRod
On the Road Again!!!!!!
Leaving to go to Winni WOOO HOOOO Hopefully the fish are biting and hungry for my Northern Lures LOL We'll leave a report when i get home Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines Dave!!!!!! P.S. If the fish aren't biting at Winni I might have to run up the hill and jump o...
Views: 272   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 7, 2006 3:09am
by Dave from up nor...
m
Mark
awesome!!
Just wanted to thank Travis from cool waters charter service he helped me so much learning how to fish. This web site is awesome and I want to thank Travis's partner Salmonitis sorry I don't know your name. Talked to cool waters on the radio on Friday and he ga...
Views: 495   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 6, 2006 10:12pm
by Mark
School Days ...
So I had 2 hours to kill before work this morning. Decided to wet a line in Lakeport. Got to my spot and for once no one was around. Looked down in the water which was just below my feet considering where I was. The water is at least 10-15 feet deep and flowing good....
Views: 326   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 6, 2006 8:43pm
by Dave from up nor...
w
w-fat
Tough-Luck
Drove up to Sunapee, put boat in water And it won't start. Just had it worked on! Back home and had a G.T. Sat in the pouting chair. Called the marina hes going to look at it in a.m. It happens to us all. Just hate to miss a day on the water, week-ends are to short....
Views: 403   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 6, 2006 6:44pm
by w-fat
d
Dan
friday at winni
Fished from 645am till 1230pm only 3 salmon, two 16inchers and one fat 20incher...lots of black flies, Fishing seemed slow today heard coolwater on the radio and Hal. Be out tomorrow hopefully catching more fish... Dan
Views: 407   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 6, 2006 1:59pm
by floydo
Trolling Plate
Got the Easy Troller trolling plate and installed it on my 60hp, 4 stroke in about 20 minutes. C-clamped it in place, drilled 4, 1/4 inch holes thru the cavitation plate and bolted it on. Piece of cake, even for me... Tried it this morning on the pond, worked great....
Views: 279   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 6, 2006 12:47pm
by Eric Hince
f
forry
Fin Clip ETC.
I was looking at the fin clip part of this site. I am not afraid of being called a dummy. and therefore not afraid to ask if anyone reading this to could explain in lame man term about this information, I know I probably should understand this but I don't so please...
Views: 313   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 6, 2006 11:44am
by Cool Water
w
w-fat
Sunapee Crew
I hope to be on Sunapee Sat. p.m. till dark +/-. If I can get Uncle Bobby going. Being hes a card carring member of the AARP he don't move to fast but I try to get him on the water now and then. On the way up I'll have to stop so he can get a bag of chew. I did tell...
Views: 306   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 6, 2006 8:57am
by John H Sampson
Hey Salmonitis
Hi AJ, I sent some pictures over and then an email via the link on the bregging board and was wondering if you received them or not? Awesome job on the fishing report !!!
Views: 330   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 5, 2006 11:03pm
by Salmonitis
RETIRED FISHING PARTNERS (RFP)
A group of RFP's had our first fishing "Armada" today. Seven of us (in three boats) met at 5:30/6AM at the Meredith launch and proceeded down Meredith Bay. Right off the bat Salty's boat with John S. and White Cap on board got a double. Nice way to start the day....
Views: 344   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 5, 2006 9:39pm
by 'Still Fishin'
Fish and Game responds to my email concerning the Merrymeeting launch.
Dear Mr. Todd Schroeder: Thank you for your inquiry into the Merrymeeting Lake Boat ramp. We are aware of the large pothole that exists in the asphalt portion of the ramp, which I observed on Friday when I was at the site. We are working with NH Dept of Environm...
Views: 384   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 5, 2006 7:37pm
by Lance
j
JoeG
Baitcasting Outfit
What would the ideal set-up be for casting giant popping and swimming plugs into the shallows at night for bass. I assume something along the lines of a med-heavy action baitcasting rig.I would be interested in knowing what brands people prefer. Joe G
Views: 426   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 5, 2006 1:24pm
by fishlessman
Sunapee reports
spent a quiet evening on the good lake tonight , flat / hot peacfull . started right in with laker tactics , nailed 2 in the 3 pound range , lost another.switched to salmon speed - ran over and over the bait - just cant get them hooked up ! there time will come ....
Views: 354   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 5, 2006 11:27am
by Dave from up nor...
Kicker Vs Trolling plates
Both these topics have got allot of ink here and the debate still goes on. To me it's a "no brainer", if your a die hard "hooked deep" fisherman, perhaps the kicker is the way to go, but if your relativley new to the sport, or budget is a factor, I would go with t...
Views: 398   Replies: 22
Last Post: May 5, 2006 11:27am
by Eric Hince
Time to clean the boat...
What do you guys recommend for cleaning the antiskid flooring in a boat? (Dark stains from water that pooled over winter by the looks... definitely not blood stains.) Its all fiberglass... I buffed and waxed everything above the floor previously, now just need to get...
Views: 447   Replies: 15
Last Post: May 5, 2006 10:42am
by Cider
Awesome Fishing Report Guys!!!!!!!!!!!
A.J., Travis, Dan, Salty, Great Fishing Report Looks like you guys were having fun and that's what counts the most!!!!!!! of course catching a few fish makes it even better LOL I was going nuts seeing UNDER CONSTRUCTION for a day LOL I couldn't wait to watch it, Once...
Views: 365   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 5, 2006 4:43am
by big dan
shimano tekota reels
Need opinion on shimano tekota reel & what size do i need for light action shakesphere downrigger rod ie, #500 or #600 model ?
Views: 277   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 4, 2006 10:29pm
by wayne
the story
Decided because of the rain to head out on monday afternoon. Checked the weather report and found it was going to be 70 degrees and sunny in Ontario. I just finished wiring the downriggers onto the boat so we packed our stuff Me, Dad and Mac. and we were on the road...
Views: 508   Replies: 12
Last Post: May 4, 2006 9:28pm
by Dave from up nor...
Fishing Report
Check out the New Fishing Reports to the left in yellow! Be on the pond Friday morning and Sunday!!! Cool Water
Views: 459   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 4, 2006 9:25pm
by Dave from up nor...
b
bud
hey rick
Katie and I stopped over unanounced last week. Team priorities was out on the water as there was no boat at the dock. We were in the area and figured we'd stop by. Nice laker. Who has the record now you or fisherman John?
Views: 369   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 4, 2006 8:33pm
by Rick@bbw
Tue. AM
Met Dennis (who I met here on FishLakeWinni) at A.J.'s & we went out. In the water @ Brown's @ 5:30 AM. As usual lately, the bite was very early. 200 yards from launch Dennis caught his first salmon (21 1/2") on a fly rod w/ lead core, 1 color out, A'J's Golden Marve...
Views: 361   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 4, 2006 3:08pm
by Dennis
Save some money on gas
A couple of ideas to save on gas money; 1) You can save on gas money by using a Hess gas card, 10% for the first 3 months and 5% there after. The link is: http://creditcard.chase.com/cgi-bin/webcgi/webserve.cgi?partner_dir_name=hess_ch01&page=cont&mkid=6GBJ&msc=Z...
Views: 434   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 4, 2006 2:58pm
by lakewatchnh
j
JoeG
sewn on bait
I need help with sewing on smelt. Do you thread a wire with a small crimp at the end through the vent and then pull the flouro back through with a small treble that goes up the vent? How do you tie off the lips. Do you go up through the bottom lip or vice versa?
Views: 325   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 4, 2006 11:28am
by fishlessman
Winni Fishing
I have been fishing since I could remember in my best of memory. From the age of 4 years old I have been by my father’s side on the lakes of New Hampshire. There I have seen the best fishing of my time, and remember the stories of the fish being pulled out of t...
Views: 381   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 4, 2006 5:02am
by John H Sampson
Here's a taste, I'll post more tomorrow when i recover!!!
Here is my master angler in training, Mac. Many of you have seen him in my pics before. Well, he connected with his first king yesterday, a 22 Lb. Bruiser that ran over 500 feet of line in one shot. we had to spin the boat and chace him down because we could see the...
Views: 414   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 3, 2006 11:07pm
by slipknot
w
w-fat
Curve Ball
What does'nt work? I've never got a sal. on a Joes smelt-cecil smelt-any kind of dodger-dipsy-diver on winni. Just a curve for fun. w-fat
Views: 495   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 3, 2006 10:24pm
by YOAdrien
b
BrianF
Salmon Fishing In The Rain
You guys find that they are more active on a warm rainy spring days? for instance the forecast for Saturday? Hoping to get out at least one more time to finally tie the knot with my 1st salmon trolling for them this weekend. Stripers will be here soon and I wi...
Views: 402   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 3, 2006 10:15pm
by slipknot
f
floydo
releases again
good discussion of downrigger releases last week. did anyone find the pro-troll in the catalogue or online? i found something called the Prorelease clip. is that it? at sealakes.com. here's the link: http://www.seaslakes.com/downriggerclips-137.asp i'm guessi...
Views: 399   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 3, 2006 9:28pm
by floydo
Hey TankDriver
Just wondering if you're still stopping by to pick up the trolling bag? Its in the breezeway like I said in my email if you want to borrow it. If you don't need it, would you let me know. Thank you, Craig
Views: 368   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 3, 2006 4:32pm
by slipknot
BASS
Ok I know I'm just setting myself up here with this one but I fished Sunday with my good friend Joe in tourney on Lake Ossipee. Joe and I caught 13.85 pounds worth of smallmouth, four fish limit which was good enough for second place! That brings our record for th...
Views: 373   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 3, 2006 2:07pm
by Ossipee Ed
Charter Report
Fished this evening slow start to the day and than wham they started hitting. We boated 10-12 Salmon and dropped a bunch!!! Great trip with some great folks. The weather could have been better but oh well! Fish were caught on everything: two colors of lead core o...
Views: 451   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 3, 2006 1:07pm
by Proline
flatfish
Anyone use a "flatfish" lure, any luck with them ? They certainly have an erratic action but I never catch anything on them.. go figure.
Views: 349   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 3, 2006 12:36pm
by w-fat
p
Popeye
Sunapee
Did up Sunapee yesterday for the first time in a couple weeks. water temp. hung around 50. Caught 2 blue backs, Both roughly around 2-2.5....Lost a beautiful tail walker running around 5lbs. Nice looking fish to be tail walking on a flat surface. Did talk to a coupl...
Views: 326   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 3, 2006 11:28am
by Dave from up nor...
salmon with apple stuffing
i made this on the grill last night, it came out real good. the stuffing has raisins craisins and apples and i was really happy with it. if anyone is interested in a recipe you can check out the link, i post on the big green egg bbq forum http://www.biggreenegg.c...
Views: 332   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 3, 2006 11:00am
by TankDriver
Salmonitis
Hey AJ... you still alive? Haven't seen you post in a few days. Just wanna make sure a big ol' salmon didn't pull you overboard! Lets get together some morning... give me an email. Take care.
Views: 476   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 3, 2006 12:02am
by slipknot
Slipknot Catching any fish this week?
Hey there buddy, been catching any fish this week or too busy working on the kitchen cabinets? was just curious i could have sworn i seen you say you were going out a few days this week!!! Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines Dave!!
Views: 298   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 2, 2006 11:15pm
by slipknot
n
Thanks to all of you
I'm very new to this sport and was very glad to find this forum. I can't thank all of you enough for helping me get started, and the information that you have passed along to me. I know now that I need to slow my boat down to get better results. I'm hooked (pardon th...
Views: 351   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 2, 2006 10:50pm
by Dave from up nor...
planer board ethics.
how far do you put them out off the sides of the boat when your in a congested area. i havent seen many people using them before as i dont fish winni, but i dont want to be ******* people off either. the only other boat fishing on sebago this weekend had their planer...
Views: 352   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 2, 2006 7:58pm
by slipknot
Hey Laker Taker
I have a 4 stroke 6 hp kicker and love it. It will run all day on next to nothing for fuel,perfect on flat or slightly choppy days. Now put a 3 foot swell into the mix and the kicker becomes useless and dangerous. I would think twice about taking the trolling plate o...
Views: 383   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 2, 2006 11:16am
by Rattlesnake
b
BioMoe
Closest Ramp To The Fish?
If I have a small boat what is the closest ramp to the Salmon in Spring, SUMMER and Fall (Sept)? I only ask because I spent Sunday driving around Winni, going to every ramp that I could find. (Boat's in the shop) Thanks in advance for any help! btw, I went...
Views: 401   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 2, 2006 10:52am
by Salty
trolling plate or kicker
ive been using sea anchors for slowing the boat down, but i think its time to make a switch. my boat is a 19 foot eastern and i troll with a 115 1992 merc, at low rpms, it bucks and bangs enough to that i believe its putting the fish down. if i raise the rpms and us...
Views: 368   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 2, 2006 7:19am
by starfire
Trollking Question
I finally got sick of wearing a path back and forth from the steering wheel to the kicker motor's grip throttle (which is a sprinter's matathon on gusty days!) so, I broke down and spent some $$. (Hey, I heard that collective GASP of disbelief from the Fishlakewinni....
Views: 381   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 1, 2006 9:25pm
by TankDriver
n
Need help skunked again.
I just can't figure out what I'm doing so wrong. I can't seem to buy a strike. I trolled all around from dawn until 11:00 without even as much as a strike. I talked with someone on the radio that caught a couple of fish. They were using flies. I switched to flies and...
Views: 412   Replies: 13
Last Post: May 1, 2006 9:09pm
by Whip
Memere's boat
Having the boat worked on left me to use Lena's grandmothers boat. We've caught many fish out of this boat but had not Salmon fish out of it for years. The fish finder has the temp working, the speed sometimes and the detph very few. Saturday things went good 6 Salmo...
Views: 379   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 1, 2006 9:04pm
by WoodNWater Rolan...
weekend winni report / sunapee crew -
was fortunate enough to fish the big lake this weekend , the weather terrible - hot sunny just terrible. fished with john/cider/whip out of the weirs area . could not figure out the salmon , all around the boat - just not in it ! all in all 3 salmon 12 lakers , and a...
Views: 403   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 1, 2006 8:45pm
by Whip
Off to see the wizzard!!! The wonderful wizard of OS-wego
Hitting ontario for 2 days have fun on winni boys but i have to break in the new YOAdrien on some big fish so it knows what to do!!!!!!!!!! Pics and a post when i return!!!
Views: 408   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 1, 2006 7:42pm
by Starfire
Squam report/lake turning over.
Nothing to talk about except to say better people (fisherman) than me, also got skunked on Squam this weekend. A question myself and allot of other new (and old)fisherman to the message board ned a deatil answer to. What exactly does the lake turning over mean ?...
Views: 450   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 1, 2006 5:46pm
by Salty
b
BioMoe
Best Handheld VHF?
Anyone have any suggestions?
Views: 260   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 1, 2006 4:53pm
by FishEye
f
forry
treble or single hooks on lures
this is a question Iwould like your thoughts on. should we use single hooks or trebles on our lures? if it depends than what's the opinions of why and when? thanks
Views: 376   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 1, 2006 3:57pm
by YOAdrien
Unbelievable Sunday Morning
After Taking my 13 year old son and his 2 friends fishing for his birthday on Wednsday and Thursday, fishing with a friend on Friday and bringing the boys back to the lake on Saturday afternoon/evening for laker fishing I decided that Sunday we would spend at home....
Views: 539   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 1, 2006 3:09pm
by Porkypine
NEWFOUND REPORT
took the wife out on newfy sun night. slight chop but then flat and hot. we found the fish right off the bat marking alot of fish near bottom off whittimore point we caught 6 lakers from 17" to 22" all 5' above bottom on anything orange at 1.5 to 1.7mph the suprize o...
Views: 370   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 1, 2006 2:49pm
by laker taker
t
TPM
Newfound Lake
First, I am recent to the board and appreciate how everyone swaps info! My father-in-law and I are going to fish Newfound one day this week. Anyone have any tips for salmon/rainbows or lakers for this Lake, I'd appreciate. Oh, we are catch and release fishing, so I a...
Views: 292   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 1, 2006 1:37pm
by TPM
CARPET
Anyone know of a place that has marine carpet in stock? Willing to drive some but to order this stuff from Cabelas there is an extra 84$ freight surcharge thanks bill
Views: 281   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 1, 2006 1:09pm
by THROBBIN RODS
sunday report on winni
fished saunders bay from 5:30 am to 9:30 am we caught 4 salmon and 1 rainbow before 6:15 am then the fishing just died on us but we had a great day. salmon sizes were 20" 16" 15" 15" the rainbow was 18" and fat . lures used were sutton# 61, matty gun top gun, pumpkin...
Views: 453   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 1, 2006 12:59pm
by FISH 'N FUN II
Ashokan Reservoir NY report (still not Winni, but better than Schroon...)
Fished the Ashokan Reservoir in the Catskills (NY) with my buddy Matt from about 7 am to noon on Sunday. Fished the lower basin, trolling the edges of a deep hole just south of the dividing weir. Ideal fishing conditions, stable weather, no moon...got out on the wa...
Views: 318   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 1, 2006 12:13pm
by Eric Hince
landlock recipes
i havent kept one in years, but this weekend i took one that was fin clipped out of sebago. any good recipes, i would like to bake it on my grill/smoker. fishing was good this weekend there. 2 salmon over 4 pounds, 1 at 3.5#, and 1 at about 15 inches sunday between 4...
Views: 306   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 1, 2006 11:56am
by Dave from up nor...
j
JoeG
Weekend
Fished Wolfeboro on Sat. Got a late start. Fished 10am-2pm. Primetime lol. Two 14 inch salmon. Went back to Ossipee and the bass were very cooperative. LM were 3.9,4.1,3.5, 4.1. Smallies were 3.3,3.7 and a 4.8 bomb. Most were caught on a jig/lizard. Crankbaits for t...
Views: 396   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 1, 2006 10:14am
by JoeG
What a morning
Well, here goes...Up last night organizing my lures, Top Guns and DB Smelt's, streamers, flys, etc. My rookie partner (wife Nancy)and I up early, hook up the boat and away we go for the 1 hour and 15 minute ride to Alton Bay. Lets see...top off the car, $25.00, top o...
Views: 479   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 1, 2006 10:13am
by John H Sampson
Just had to say this...
Dave must really be "jonesin"" for the message board right about now...!?!? Hehe Davey... hope you had a great time with the kids in Manchester. Seems weird to have checked the board twice today and not seen a "God Bless"... We do miss ya when yer gone. Take care.
Views: 416   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 1, 2006 10:01am
by Dave from up nor...
d
Dan
Best spoons for lake trout
Hello all, I'm looking at doing some lake trout fishing and was wondering what spoons work the best for lakers? I've used TG before but was wondering about other spoons that work and other people's thoughts on their 1st choice when it comes to fishing for lakers..T...
Views: 350   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 1, 2006 9:58am
by fishlessman
Depressing Sight....
Last night I had a charter out on the lake.. A lovely family of people.. Mother Father and brother and sister.. We were having a great time, fishing was a little slow but the stories were flying.. We were fishing in Paugus Bay, up by Channel Marine when a boat came i...
Views: 500   Replies: 11
Last Post: May 1, 2006 9:13am
by John H Sampson
Otter boat/planer board question
OK... here's the issue. I am running big jon otter boats off a dual reel mast that sits about eight or nine feet off the water (to the top pulleys)... When I put the boats out (approximately 100' of line?) I have a very hard time getting the planer clip/leadcore line...
Views: 398   Replies: 10
Last Post: May 1, 2006 8:40am
by slipknot
d
Dennis
Trolling speed and depth
Just a quick question. New at the salmon fishing and I was curious on how deep to fish and what speed this time of year? Any bit of help will be appreciated. Dennis
Views: 414   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 1, 2006 12:41am
by molly brown
w
w-fat
Sat.Report& Dumb##$
Took a first timer, a great young man. (The Predator) and One arm George. Its quite entertaining to watch him reel left handed and upside down. I can overlook his challenge plus the fact hes from VT. Because he never brings bananas on the boat. He could'nt peel them...
Views: 510   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 30, 2006 5:09pm
by w-fat
w
wayne
dodger rigging help
I have a luhr jehnsen 4-0 dodger for trolling, I have used it a few times with no luck. My question is this; on one end there is a barrel swivel on the other end there is a barrel swivel with a snap swivel attached to it. Thats how it came in the package. Which end d...
Views: 419   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 30, 2006 3:14pm
by Paugus Bay Sport...
Trolling bag(s) (HELP!)
I really need a trolling bag for my boat. "The Tank" has a lot of freeboard (+-3 feet) + a cuddy cab + a 2nd windshield + a canvas top, so...with a stiff breeze (you mean there's another kind on Winnie?) she morphs into a virtual aluminum sailboat! Her bulk hurls dow...
Views: 352   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 30, 2006 1:15pm
by TankDriver
d
Dan
fri-report
Fished most of the morning but no luck, saw lots of fish on the suface still nothing. Made my way over to moose Island still lots of fish just below the surface but only one hit. then I set up the dowrigger for some lake trout...30ft down I got 2 Salmon around 12pm....
Views: 393   Replies: 8
Last Post: Apr 30, 2006 10:38am
by Dennis
s
Salty
Take a kid fishing!
Took Big Dan and his 11 yr. old daughter Erin fishing today. As soon as we got set up had doubles. Erin landed her first Salmon. The other half of the double let go of the fly at the boat. Nice 4+ pounder. Trolled for about another hour with no luck. The water had fl...
Views: 312   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 29, 2006 7:21pm
by slipknot
f
floydo
hits while turning
salty mentioned below that most of his hits came while turning. is that typical? what accounts for it? salty, were you speeding up on the turn to keep the lures up??
Views: 400   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 29, 2006 6:03pm
by Salty
Yo Travis
Travis Dude - did you cancel your email account? ?Hey, I heard you might have a downrigger board to get rid of - looking for one for the "new to me" scow. Let me know. Cell is 398-6265 later bill PS coming over for chili Derby weekend?
Views: 388   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 29, 2006 12:18pm
by Throbbin Rods
Full boat tomorrow AM
Started out with just me and my dad going... But, at a birthday party tonight I invited my dad's friend and his grandson (about 10?). Lets just say that little guy just about hit the ceiling with excitement. He didn't care that he would have to be up at 3:45 to drive...
Views: 360   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 29, 2006 11:53am
by slipknot
Trolling plate
I know I have asked for advice before on this and thanks to you all for all the help. Well a friend had one that he took off his boat, I had my Marina install it on mine, sight unseen I had it sent there. Well it seems it's a different one then we have been tal...
Views: 356   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 29, 2006 10:30am
by John H Sampson
BigJon Otter Boat, Dual Planer Rigger and Combo
Anyone have one of these they would like to sell me?
Views: 308   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 29, 2006 9:52am
by Salmonitis
c
Chappy
Lake Winni Report
Hi, Although we cancelled todays trip due to my wife's flu, I did manage to get 2 days out of the planned Trifecta of salmon fishing. This is where I used my vacation days to insure full times out on the lake. The birth of my second child is June 5th, and unlike...
Views: 457   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 29, 2006 9:48am
by Cool Water
weird things on the computer?
I was just curious if anyone was getting any weird pop up things on their computers after visiting the site. Maybe it's just my french coming out again LOL Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines Dave!!
Views: 339   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 28, 2006 11:21pm
by Dave from up nor...
Dock Fishing
Are people still having any success fishing from merideth docks. I'm driving up sat morning with my dad and might try to give it a shot sat afternoon. I'll be on the water on in my boat sunday morning fishing 1 mile (ch. 12) Joe Cookson
Views: 349   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 28, 2006 9:02pm
by eric
s
steve
Rods and tackle for sale
I have a variety of salmon/laker downrigger and leadcore combos for sale. Also some saltwater rods/reels. Have a gibal mount cutting board, telescoping landing net, and other stuff. Need to sell. Please call Steve #522-6309. Thanks.
Views: 478   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 28, 2006 4:14pm
by Salty
Just got the scoop!
I just got off the phone with A.J. and he filled me in on some posts that I missed out on. I want to start by thanking all of you that support us here on the site myself and A.J. are very grateful. I did not get a chance to read the posts (canceled my E-Mail at h...
Views: 557   Replies: 9
Last Post: Apr 28, 2006 2:54pm
by slipknot
downrigger clips
which style works best for you, the ones i have are getting old and some like the scotty i have are just to tight of a grip forthe lighter lines. looking for a couple for deep downrigging for lakers and a couple for the lighter biting fish up top
Views: 424   Replies: 17
Last Post: Apr 28, 2006 10:51am
by Proline
John Sampson....
Hey John I have your book... Call me for the price at the store.. It is a nice one.. Jay
Views: 378   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 28, 2006 10:33am
by Paugus Bay Sport...
f
Forry
FISH !!!!!!!!! FINALLY
Hey guys let me start by saying Thanks to all of you who answered my post. you really helped me and my fishing buddy out. this morning we headed to Meredith to persue the lakes best. that did not happen, but we were able to land three salmon all babies 14"-17". trol...
Views: 430   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 27, 2006 9:25pm
by Dave from up nor...
f
Forry
salmon and trout lakes
Can anybody give me a list of the lakes in New Hampshire State wide that the state stocks Salmon and lakers? I like to fish for lakers and my buddy likes the Salmon but we like to try all the lakes. so when we go we both have a chance for our quarry. I heard Nubanusi...
Views: 397   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 27, 2006 9:23pm
by Dave from up nor...
w
w-fat
The-day-has-come
I knew it would happen, after 7 years of fishing the derby together my 16 year old daughter told me she can't go this year. She has 2 track meets that week-end. So I've made a gin and tonic and gone to the pouting chair. At least it wasn't something stupid like the p...
Views: 359   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 27, 2006 9:15pm
by whitewing
d
Dan
winni
I'll be out tomorrow near blacks point..chan. 12 Hey crawfish you going to be out..Dan
Views: 458   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 27, 2006 7:14pm
by 'Still Fishin'
Kainen Flynn Memorial Fishing Derby
Thought it was worth pointing out that on May 13 is the Third Annual Kainen Flynn Memorial Fishing Derby. This derby is in the memory of Gilford Police Officer Flynn who drowned while fishing when he fell from his boat on Lake Winnisquam on June 4, 2003. He was an...
Views: 401   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 27, 2006 7:11pm
by 'Still Fishin'
parasites/tapeworms
Hello All- Cestodes (tapeworms) are a very common fish parasite, which have been documented for decades in multiple species (including landlocked salmon) from Lake Winnipesaukee and other NH and Northeastern lakes, and should not be cause for alarm. In fact, some o...
Views: 472   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 27, 2006 5:08pm
by Whip
kicker motor
looking for a used honda kicker 5,6, 8 hp
Views: 356   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 27, 2006 9:07am
by Paul DeMasi
e
eric
anyone got room on their boat this weekend?
i'm kinda new to the board and fishing the big lake. I'd like to feel one of those big lakers or salmon everyone talks about, but fishing from shore just doesn't seem to cut it. So if anyone has the room I'd love to get out there and hook up with one of those monster...
Views: 435   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 26, 2006 10:57pm
by eric
Ducer bracket
Thanks to those that offerd help or comments to my request for a Ducer bracket. I posted the below paragraph down on the list somewhere, but I thought I would post it here for all to see. What a web site, if you need help or anything for your boat, etc. you can fi...
Views: 327   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 26, 2006 8:55pm
by BrianF
j
JoeG
Fallfish
I can get my hands on some pretty big fallfish/roachfish. I want to target a big laker. These baits are 10-12inches long. What depths should I be fishing them? I'll be fish from Wolfeboro and heading out towards Rattlesnake. Downrigger, leadcore? Any suggestions??
Views: 383   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 26, 2006 7:59pm
by Dave from up nor...
Fishing Tuesday AM
Will be out for a very short time in the am. Will be standing by on channel 12. If on the pond give me a shout. Trav if you cant get me on the radio call my cell. Good Luck, A.J.
Views: 448   Replies: 11
Last Post: Apr 26, 2006 7:05pm
by John H Sampson
s
Salty
Tues. fishing report. (Where's Travis?????)
Was invited to fish on the Cool Water this am. (Along with Squam John and Slipknot) Just be at Fuller's Store at 5:30 am is what he said. Really got up early so I would not be late. Along came John and Slip and we waited, and waited, and waited............ Lucky we h...
Views: 486   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 26, 2006 10:04am
by Cool Water
c
Cider
Sunapee Report
Fished the good lake yesterday with the Burkehaven crew minus the Captain. Rick was busy putting the finishing touches on his "honey-do" list before our weekend trip to Winni... The report... wind was blowin' and made it hard to keep the boat from cat-walking acr...
Views: 396   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 26, 2006 10:00am
by Cider
The Launch at Merrymeeting.
Anyone thinking of fishing Merrymeeting be advised. The ramp is in serious disrepair and the water level is down almost 2 feet. If you add these two factors together it equals severe propeller damage. I have proof of this....
Views: 433   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 26, 2006 7:24am
by White Cap
NEWFOUND REPORT
fished newfy this morning with my brother slimy from 9 to 1 ... WATER TEMP 44.5 SLIGHT CHOP FISHED THE NORTH END MARKING TONS OF FISH FROM TOP TO BOTTOM.I GOT 2 SALMON 1 21" ON 71 SUTTON AT 18' OVER 6O' AT 1.6 TO 1.7MPH THE OTHER 18" ON O/G TOP GUN AT 28' AT(A TIP I...
Views: 491   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 26, 2006 6:30am
by laker taker
Had a great day
What a day... caught some fish, saw Travis again and was introduced to John, Salty and AJ. According to them, it was a slow day fishing... but it was the most action I've seen in my short career of salmon fishing. Even had triples once, but I'll let the skipper give...
Views: 465   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 25, 2006 11:27pm
by Salmonitis
TUES REPORT
Fished the north end--did OK for 2 lines. 3 salmon, 2 lakers--one nice one right off Hal's place-all on DB's and TG's--reds and greens. Called Travis a couple of times--but no answer--now I know why--
Views: 480   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 25, 2006 7:50pm
by BLUEJACKET
Questions/Answers
I'm still waiting to see a fish arch on my new Lowrance 337, been on the lake a half a dozen times and nothing yet and I know there are fish in there as we catch a few now and then. I have a feeling the angle is still not adjusted correctly, asked about it here be...
Views: 562   Replies: 9
Last Post: Apr 25, 2006 6:36pm
by John H Sampson
d
Dave
Hey John Who's Landlocked on Squam!!
Hey there John, I remember you talking about not having a trailer for your pontoon boat, You should check out winnisquam marine webpage they have some used trailers pretty reasonably priced Just thought i would let ya know. You can get there but going to the links on...
Views: 413   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 25, 2006 6:10pm
by John H Sampson
d
Dan
tuesday fishing
I'll be out tomorrow around wolfeboro bay,blacks point and alton area..ch.12 handle is Magellon.. Dan
Views: 390   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 25, 2006 4:31pm
by Dan
b
BioMoe
Ramp - Time
If I can only get onto Winni after 10:30am, what's the best ramp to go to? in other words, am I going to have a problem with parking space at the farm or other sites? Thanks for the help. I I I J
Views: 396   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 25, 2006 11:16am
by Dave
s
salmo
Question for the biologists on the board
I have noted fish tapeworms in all four fish I have dressed for the table this spring (one lake trout, two salmon, and one rainbow trout). Have others noted this?? I routinely open the gut of fish I clean to see what they have been eating and have easily found thes...
Views: 482   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 25, 2006 10:25am
by Dave
f
forry
reel for lead core
Gentlemen/Ladies I am looking for advise as to what reel I should use with lead core line? I have a spool of 200 yards 18LB from cabelas (birthday gift from son) should I put the hole 200 yards on or what??? all suguestions appreciated thanks f...
Views: 351   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 25, 2006 9:58am
by Dave
Trolling----Help!
I repowerd a 22 foot Grady White Sea Farer last year with a 4 stroke Yammaha 225. Unfortunately, since the motor was rather heavy for my transom (4-strokes weigh more than 2-strokes), I had to get rid of my 70+ pound trolling motor. My question is how slow will my...
Views: 541   Replies: 9
Last Post: Apr 25, 2006 9:18am
by TankDriver
Winnisquam
Great fishing on Winnisquam Saturday morning from 6 to 10. Salmon, Rainbows and Togue(Lakers)from the surface down to 22' over 30-35 feet soft/mud flat. DB's and Tasmanian Devils. Dean
Views: 370   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 25, 2006 8:22am
by Fishawk
m
Mike
Antennas
I,m looking for a little help with my marine radio. All we're getting for reception is line of site, and I'm convinced it's do to a poor quality antenna. Any thoughts?
Views: 393   Replies: 9
Last Post: Apr 25, 2006 4:54am
by Mike
Friday Squam report
Up at 2:45, got to the lake at 5:20, killed some time with 3 stops, drinks, munchies, ice, live bait, etc. Decided to give "live" bait a good effort as I never have before and so manu here on the board are so high on it for early fishing. It was windy as hell,...
Views: 557   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 24, 2006 10:44pm
by laker taker
Room for one more
Fishing Tuesday room for one more if you would like to go post and I will give you a call... Cool Water
Views: 520   Replies: 11
Last Post: Apr 24, 2006 10:31pm
by Dave
Lucky guys/gals going out with the pros!
You are bound to learn much from a trip out with Travis, Jason, Maddy, or Roland and Lena! I will have a series in the Weirs Times, an article featuring each of the 15 Master Anglers/week beginning mid May each week through August 31. Hope to have the DVD, "A...
Views: 381   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 24, 2006 10:26pm
by Dave
i
Ilucas
boat launch
Great site. Hope I can get some help with a good launch site. My freind and I are new to this type of fishing and we have alot to learn. One thing that we have learned is that with the tons of money that we have spent on new boats, downriggers, electronics and tackle...
Views: 475   Replies: 9
Last Post: Apr 24, 2006 8:31pm
by John H Sampson
Fishing alone?
Do any of you troll alone with downriggers? If so, what pointers can you give me for operating the boat and controlling the riggers, etc. What do you do when you get a fish on? Kind of hard to man the wheel (which is inside a full enclosure on my boat) and fight a fi...
Views: 517   Replies: 20
Last Post: Apr 24, 2006 7:28pm
by JoeG
need kicker motor
need a kicker motor for my new boat. should i go with honda or e-tec??????
Views: 471   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 24, 2006 7:22pm
by WoodNWater Rolan...
Weekend fishing
Fished alone Saturday and the fishing was good. I was able to boat 10 and missed 4. Eight out of the 10 fish were below 17.5 inches. The two above were 20 and 22 inches. Sunday AM Lena and I went out, and we were able to boat 6 Salmon, 4 which were over 20 inches. Sa...
Views: 398   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 24, 2006 6:41pm
by WoodNWater Rolan...
saturdays results 4-22-06 [winni]
Fished winni with an old friend that now in his life wants to get into fishing and has been asking me to take him the past 2 weekends. Started out trolling near Mark island down towards timber island into sauders without a tap. My friend was a little bit of a wise as...
Views: 577   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 24, 2006 3:10pm
by charlies charter...
j
JoeG
Kyle's Fishing Day
I just wanted to thank all of you again for your generosity. The gathering was a big hit. We had about 30 kids fishing and around 90 afterwards for the cookout. I thought we might be able to present the mother with a $300 or $400 check. We ended up raising $1515.30....
Views: 437   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 24, 2006 2:09pm
by 'Still Fishin'
k
KenG
surface temp ??
Just wondering at what temperature do the salmon start to move away from the surface. I take the simple approach (read "not ready to spend on downriggers") and just usually drift live smelt, and usually do OK. And when they start to decend, I get geared up for stri...
Views: 372   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 24, 2006 1:32pm
by Cool Water
Sunday Squam report
04/23/06 Water temp 51, 54 degrees in some places, 47 degrees at 15 feet.. Fished 4 lines, all hardware, caught 7 Small Bows (10 inches) recently stocked in Sandwich Bay, not one tripped a release, too small, found a couple on checking lines, strange thing no sma...
Views: 382   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 24, 2006 1:14pm
by John H Sampson
Swivels or no Swivels????? Please help
I have read the great book "angling in the smile of the great Spirit" I did enjoy it However, out of all the great Master anglers not one revealed how to properly attach our lure to the line. by this I mean do we use swivels when using the DB smelt or do we just ty i...
Views: 479   Replies: 12
Last Post: Apr 24, 2006 11:30am
by John H Sampson
l
Link
Skinny Salmon
First weekend out(finally)Did fairly well around Harilla, orange and black blah blah blahh and home tied red and white flies. Has anyone else thought that the salmon seem to be rather skinny this year? All the ones we boated were in the 20 inch range but really skin...
Views: 449   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 24, 2006 10:57am
by Salty
d
Dave
Just a thought before Derby Get here?
Maybe all the people who frequent the website could possibly get together at a local rest. to meet up again and trade some derby stories over a good meal and a couple icy one's ? Just a thought as I imagine many of us on the board will be fishing the derby, I had ta...
Views: 491   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 24, 2006 10:33am
by Dave
Fishing Tuesday
Be on the pond in the Morning... Ch12 Cool Water
Views: 500   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 24, 2006 10:27am
by Dave
Merrymeeting Saturday
Dragged streamer flies round Merrymeeting Lake Saturday from 6-10 a.m. hoping for one of its big rainbows. Had a couple of salmon or trout flash at our flies when we were bringing them back to the boat, but no takers despite a nice salmon chop. Ended the day with two...
Views: 385   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 24, 2006 9:40am
by Cameron Brandt
yo yo yoadrien
? for u why did you go with a honda kicker instead of the e-tec to match your big motor.
Views: 402   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 24, 2006 8:48am
by YOAdrien
f
forry
PROP 3 blade or 4 blade
Due to reasons I'd rather not discuss Stupidity),I have to replace my prop I have on there now a 3 blade.after looking at all of the replacement blades there are for a 115 4 stroke Suzuki, I find both 3 and 4 blade. I can slow down to 1.4-1.6 with it now. will a 4 bl...
Views: 439   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 24, 2006 6:58am
by forry
their are salmon in newfound!!!!!!!!!!
fished newfy thru morning 9 to 12 first time with my new boat all geared up.fished the north end today in the wind did not mark many fish at all. water temp 41.2 was the warmest i found with most of the lake still in the high 30's.running my new mag 10's any where fr...
Views: 550   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 23, 2006 11:41pm
by laker taker
c
Chubby
Smelt Trolling
You guys have mentioned using live smelt for trolling and seem to have reasonable success, so I thought I should expand my fishing horizons and try them too. I've read on this site that people troll them at speeds anywhere from .8 mph up to 1.2 mph and that hooking...
Views: 546   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 23, 2006 9:41pm
by floydo
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Free Forum powered by Bravenet