Erie Cursillo Bulletin Board

Please use this bulletin board to post message and or prayer requests for the Erie Cursillo Community.

Erie Cursillo Bulletin Board
Start a New Topic 
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
FINAL Updated List for M#228
Final Update for M#228 (I promise) Candidates for Men's Cursillo #228 February 13-16, 2014: 1. Stephen Balczon, St. Joseph/Bread of Life – Erie (Richard Skladanowski) 2. Christopher Bowes, No Parish Affiliation – Waterford (Jeff and Kris Nelso...
Views: 397   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 12, 2014 11:35am
by Diocese of Erie ...
More Candidates and a New Team Member
Unfortunately, we have to replace our Asst. Rector as Tim Green was involved in a pretty significant car accident last Saturday. He is home from the hospital but his doctor told him no weekend. Please keep him in your prayers. Steve Urash has graciously agreed...
Views: 223   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 11, 2014 1:55pm
by Erie Diocesan Cu...
Spanish Cursillo News!
Spanish Cursillo News! Fr. Dan, myself and several members of both the Men’s and Women’s up coming Spanish Cursillo teams attended the 12:00pm Spanish Mass at St. Stephens Sunday. In many ways just l...
Views: 194   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 10, 2014 11:34pm
by Jeff Rzepka
Snow
As the February blahs set in, just a few thoughts: Have you taken the time to actually examine any of the snowflakes as they fall? Each one is beautiful and unique - each crystal joining with others to make something new. One snowflake doesn't make much of an...
Views: 204   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 7, 2014 8:04am
by Poster Child
Updated List for M#228
Candidates for Men's Cursillo #228 February 13-16, 2014: 1. Stephen Balczon, St. Joseph/Bread of Life – Erie (Richard Skladanowski) 2. Christopher Bowes, No Parish Affiliation – Waterford (Jeff and Kris Nelson) 3. Aaron Crossman, Maria House Proj...
Views: 206   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 5, 2014 12:26pm
by Diocese of Erie ...
Cursillo KISS Dance--3 weeks and counting
3 weeks and counting! Advance tickets will be available at the Erie Ultreya on 2/7 and at the Erie Closing on 2/16. Hosted annually by the Past Presidents of the Cursillo Movement of the Catholic Diocese of Erie to benefit a local charity, the K.I.S.S. Dance will...
Views: 188   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 1, 2014 11:43am
by Tim Nowakowski
Special prayer
I have a prayer request for a family member who is going through a difficult time right now. Please take a moment and say a prayer for her and her family. God bless.
Views: 236   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 1, 2014 7:30am
by Poster Child
URGENT PRAYERS . . .
Please stop what you are doing and say an immediate prayer for the good Sisters from the Benedictine community in St. Marys, PA (that's ELK County!!) For those who do not know, the Benedictine Mother House in St. Mary's was the first Benedictine community in the U...
Views: 235   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 22, 2014 8:34pm
by Rick Skladanowsk...
Prayers needed
Please continue to pray for our brother-in-law, Tom Williams. Tom was to start a treatment plan for his liver cancer this Wednesday. That surgery is now on hold due him having a stroke on Friday after his pre-op tests, while he was driving home. Thankfully he and...
Views: 180   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 20, 2014 1:02pm
by Poster Child
Prayers
Hello friends, Someone very dear to us is having a medical test on Jan. 20. Please pray that the results are wonderful as expected. Also, there is a special intention that needs prayers very close to our hearts. Thank you! Mikey and Jen
Views: 190   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 16, 2014 7:52am
by Poster Child
Prayers for Nathan
While at Kairos grouping on Sunday one of the men asked for prayers for his son Nathan,22, who suffered a massive stroke. Please pray for God's healing for Nathan and strength for his family. YBIC Rick Skladanowski
Views: 201   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 13, 2014 11:54pm
by Rick Skladanowsk...
Cursillo Choir announcement
The Cursillo choir was started some 20 years ago. It began as nearly every ministry begins. A person filled with Grace, because of their relationship with Christ, is moved and strengthened by the Holy Spirit to action. An action based in Christ that attempts to...
Views: 285   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 11, 2014 12:17pm
by Kathie Iarussi
Pro-life March this Saturday
Hello, Cursillestas! I was just looking through my paper palanca and was yet again moved by what I read from W#211. (Unfortunately, I hadn't dumped the bag out completely since then and this time discovered uneaten conversation hearts....still, it brought another s...
Views: 170   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 9, 2014 11:14pm
by Amy Edwards
Cursillo Picnic
Hey! I know you are thinking it is winter and how you wish it was warmer. I have some warm thoughts for you Cursillo Picnic, Food,fun and Fellow ship. Here is a friendly reminder to put in you calendar Aug 16th is the picnic. You are welcome for the weekend to camp a...
Views: 192   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 9, 2014 5:03pm
by maggie
Jeff Rzepka - A New Year- A New Leader
On January 11, 2014 you are all invited to join the Cursillistas at St. Boniface Parish for a spirit filled evening. We will attend 5:00pm mass and enjoy the heavenly hymns and voices of the Cursillo Choir. During the mass Jeff Rzepka will officially become our new l...
Views: 282   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 8, 2014 5:32pm
by Sox
Cursillo KISS Dance
Hosted annually by the Past Presidents of the Cursillo Movement of the Catholic Diocese of Erie to benefit a local charity, the K.I.S.S. Dance will be held on Saturday, February 22, 2014, from 7:00 p.m. –11:00 p.m. in Hastings Hall @ Holy Rosary Church, located...
Views: 308   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 1, 2014 8:55am
by Tim Nowakowski
Celebration reservations
Hello, If you are having trouble calling in a reservation for the Cursillo Dinner in January, you can call me at home. 451-0211 Thank you! Roseanne Blair
Views: 211   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 28, 2013 2:49pm
by Roseanne Blair
Prayers needed
Please pray for Tom Williams, brother-in-law of Jim and Louise Bauer, who was diagnosed this past week with liver cancer/cancer of the bile duct. This is a very bad cancer.
Views: 229   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 13, 2013 7:55am
by Poster Child
Prayers for Diane Conti
Please pray for Diane Conti. She is having a very bad year this year with illnesses and was just brought into the hospital yesterday. Please pray for complete healing.
Views: 228   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 11, 2013 11:56am
by Erie Cursillo Mo...
January Mass for Incoming President, Jeff Rzepka
PLEASE JOIN US The Cursillistas of St. Boniface would like to invite you to share a spirit filled evening at our parish on Saturday, January 11, 2014. We will attend the 5:00pm mass and enjoy the heavenly voices of the Cursillo Choir. During the mass Jeff Rzepka w...
Views: 207   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 11, 2013 11:48am
by Roseanne Blair
Ultreya -- WOW, WOW
What blessings we all received at Ultreya. First, no priests were available to celebrate Mass, but DeColores to Deacon Dennis for celebrating a Communion Service with GREAT Advent Music & a wonderful homily !! Second, Arco gave some inspirational closing remarks r...
Views: 212   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 8, 2013 2:24pm
by Kathie Iarussi
Christmas Cards Needed!!
Good Morning!! Thanks to a reminder from Lina Major, we are putting out this request: In carrying on a tradition, we would like to provide Christmas Cards to the men at SCI Albion who attend Christmas Liturgy. There are usually between 175-200 who attend, and w...
Views: 354   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 6, 2013 7:52am
by Poster Child
Son - prayers needed & hurry
Please pray for our son William , his situation is very unique...his life has always been different from the time he enter our lives ! All his challenges & struggles have been very difficult. He come with alot of luggage and we pecked away at most of it.... whats lef...
Views: 235   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 21, 2013 4:27pm
by Mary Margaret S...
Prayers needed
Please keep my niece Kim in your prayers. She was told today that she has thyroid cancer and will have to have surgery and radiation.
Views: 240   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 21, 2013 4:23pm
by Mary Margaret S...
m
moose
sunday help
Hello erie county, we are counting on you to help serve and clean and set up kitchen area on sunday breakfast and lunch be there by 715 and 1130 any help is awesome!!! Thanks jerry and moose
Views: 193   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 18, 2013 10:57pm
by moose
I almost forgot!!!
It was brought to my attention that I failed to mention Msgr. Dan Arnold will be stepping in this weekend as one of the Spiritual Directors for the weekend. Please be generous with your prayers. I'm sure he will appreciate them. I was also just informed that...
Views: 243   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 18, 2013 2:02pm
by Erie Cursillo Of...
Last Update for W#233
Candidates for Women's Cursillo #233: 1. Darlene “Dar” Arndt, Mount St. Benedict Monastery – Harborcreek (Todd Beckes) 2. Amy Bauer, St. Mary – St. Marys (Patty Krivonyak) 3. Ashley “Ash” Beatty, St. Lawrence, the Martyr ...
Views: 263   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 18, 2013 1:10pm
by Erie Cursillo
NO CHOIR 11/30
DECOLORES EVERYONE HEY I JUST WANT TO PUT THIS OUT THERE IS NO CHOIR ON NOV. 30 AT ST JUDES WE HAD A NICE TURN OUT THIS PAST SAT 16TH . THANKS MIKE PUTTING IT ALL GETTHER I ONE MAN SHOW HE HAD NO HELP FROM ST JUDES . LAST A BIG THANK YOU TO GAIL FOR HELPING WITH TH...
Views: 215   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 18, 2013 7:42am
by LEW NORDIN
Special intention
Please pray for a very special intention who is in need of our prayers. Thank you!
Views: 218   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 16, 2013 7:56pm
by Bob and Theresa
Prayers needed
Please pray for the families of my brother, Joe and his son, Joey. I just found out they both passed away today while working on a car, something my brother loved to do. They died from from carbon monoxide poisoning. I will miss my brother deeply. My nephew left behi...
Views: 226   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 16, 2013 7:51pm
by Bob and Theresa
Liooking for a fun time on Friday night??
Now that I have your attention!! Crawford County Ultreya is at Our Lady Queen of the Americas in Conneaut Lake tonight at 7:00pm. What better way to give thanks and remembrance for all of the blessings in our lives, particularly those that have been given to us th...
Views: 162   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 15, 2013 7:56am
by Poster Child
A note from Fr. Dan
Fr. Dan Arnold wanted me to thank everyone for their condolences over the past couple of weeks. However, he wants you all to know that it was his uncle, not his brother, who passed away. His uncle lived in Denver, Colorado, was 92 years old and had a long and happy...
Views: 209   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 14, 2013 1:29pm
by Erie Cursillo Of...
Corrected 2014 Cursillo Dates
Please note these dates as they have been changed slightly from what was posted in the November Newsletter. Please note, that there is always a chance these dates may have to change for one reason or another. If so, we will keep you posted. February 13-16(M), 201...
Views: 210   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 14, 2013 11:17am
by Erie Cursillo Of...
Choir 11/16 at St Jude
Attention Cursillo Choir: The Choir will be singing during the 4:30pm Mass this Saturday, November 16th at St Jude Parish in Erie. Their address is 2801 W. 6th Street Erie, PA 16505. Practice will be at 3:30pm. We will meet at the school. The entrance for practice is...
Views: 201   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 11, 2013 11:02am
by Mike Anderson
Updated Candidates for W#233
Candidates for Women's Cursillo #233: 1. Darlene “Dar” Arndt, Mount St. Benedict Monastery – Harborcreek (Todd Beckes) 2. Amy Bauer, St. Mary – St. Marys (Patty Krivonyak) 3. Ashley “Ash” Beatty, St. Lawrence, the Martyr &...
Views: 261   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 8, 2013 1:41pm
by Erie Cursillo Of...
music gathering for troubadours
I received this from Koinonia and told them I would post this with Cursillo. I think its a good idea if some of our troubadours could go to this. This gentleman is the one who wrote the koinonia song books and we were asked to attend and maybe buy their books that ar...
Views: 179   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 6, 2013 9:53am
by Linda and Pete E...
a
Arco
Music for Mike Brown
Hi Team: The Mass for Mike is tomorrow at 10 am, St. Lawrence in Albion. Larry, the music director, will take of playing for the Mass. But - it would be nice if we could do some songs at the luncheon - similar to what we do for the candidates on Saturday night....
Views: 210   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 1, 2013 8:12am
by Arco
THANK YOU!
Now please bare with me for taking this long to write this as I'm new to this Cursillo and of course this web site as well so I'm still looking around and getting to know things. I would like to give my warm thanks to all the people in this diocese for the palandas...
Views: 190   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 1, 2013 7:59am
by Poster Child
Mike Brown - the Eternal Fourth Day
Fellow Cursillista Mike Brown joined Jesus in his Eternal Fourth Day on Sunday, October 27,2013. Arrangements are being handled by Burton Funeral Home, Girard. Viewing is Friday November 1 1-3 and 5-8pm Mass: Saturday November 2, St. Lawrence the Mart...
Views: 202   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 1, 2013 1:27am
by Chris and Debi R...
Need information
I will be gathering dates for the upcoming January Erie County Newsletter, If anyone has anything from Erie County that they want announced in the newsletter please e-mail it to me with dates and times. I am also looking for birth announcements, marriages, church fun...
Last Post: Oct 31, 2013 9:57am
by Linda and Pete E...
CORRECTIO to CRAWFORD CO ULTREYA
The date for the Crawford County Ultreya for November was incorrect in the newsletter and in The Latest Buzz on this site. The correct date is FRIDAY NOVEMBER 15 at 7:00pm at OUR LADY QUEEN OF THE AMERICAS IN CONNEAUT LAKE. Come a join us!! De Colores! Janet
Last Post: Oct 31, 2013 8:02am
by Poster Child
k
Kevin
Prayer for Elk County's Boyer family
From Paul Tetis: It is with great sadness that I tell you that Brenda Boyer, wife of our brother and #221 team member Jim Boyer, was tragically killed in a car accident on Friday. Friends are being received from 2-4pm and 7-9pm on Monday and 8:30-9:30am on Tues...
Views: 186   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 27, 2013 3:29pm
by Kevin
Cursillo Choir
Last reminder -- Cursillo Choir sing at St. Paul's West 16th & Walnut St. -- Saturday -- Oct 26th --Practice 3:30 church basement Mass 4:30 PM -- Spagetti Dinner after Mass, please bring desert to share, DeColores
Views: 203   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 27, 2013 9:13am
by Poster Child
The Upcoming Ultreya
ATTENTION - ATTENTION - ATTENTION All Cursillistas! Please note that the November Ultreya has been moved from November 1st to November 8th and will be held at St. Mark the Evangelist in Lawrence Park. The date had to be changed since November 1st is All Saints Da...
Views: 177   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 25, 2013 1:26pm
by Diocese of Erie ...
DeColores!
MY SISTERS AND BROTHERS IN CHRIST, GOD BLESS YOU ALL FOR YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT THIS PAST WEEKEND FOR MENS #227 IT WAS TRULY FELT BY ALL. WE DID WHAT WE COULD AND THE LORD FILLED IN ALL THE REST! MAY THE FIRE THAT CAME TO ALL OF US THROUGH OUR CURSILLO EXPERIANCE BE...
Views: 241   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 22, 2013 5:23pm
by moose
m
moose
thanks
Thanks to all for the help over the weekend! We still need help on sundays our counties did not show up on sunday which meant erie county was asked to come help welllĺl where were all of you????? November and February are erie county so lets show we can do it!!...
Views: 203   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 22, 2013 4:53pm
by moose
Mens closing #227
Cursillo closing was fantastic. This is the first time I have seen all the counties present for an Erie Closing. The only two positions missing were the Sisters and the Ministers. This is what it is all about. Faith , hope and love..................can't get much bet...
Views: 197   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 21, 2013 1:23pm
by Michele Garvey
Cursillo Choir Sing & Hallowen Party
St. Paul's will be hosting Choir next Sat -- Oct 26, practice 3:30 Church basement & Mass 4:30 Kids can wear their Halloween costumes & will get a bag of goodies at the Spaghetti Dinner after Mass -- PLEASE ANYONE BRINGING CHILDREN CALL ME AT 449-8044, we want to...
Views: 199   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 19, 2013 12:26pm
by Kathie Iarussi
2014 jobs
DeColores everyone. It's that time of the year that the Erie County Coordinators are looking for people to step up to taking jobs for the new 2014 year. If your called to give your service please accept. Remember that Cursillo is successful only if everyone contribut...
Views: 207   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 19, 2013 10:06am
by Linda and Pete E...
Mens Cursillo 227
Good Morning my brothers and Sisters and De Colores! Our Joe is successfully at the men's 227. Yeah! Dave and I are very excited for Joe to meet you all. I'm Sitting here waiting for the sun to come up and knowing that I am very blessed. Thank you for all the pray...
Views: 289   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 18, 2013 6:05pm
by Kathy and Wendel...
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Free Forum powered by Bravenet