Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
s
Sophia
Amicable Divorce
My soon to be ex husband and I have been separated since July of 2020 and are in the final stages of divorce. It has been the most respectful experience; we don’t have children, property/assets, and we’ve both agreed to keep our own retirement accounts....
Views: 259   Replies: 10
Last Post: May 18, 2021 5:08am
by Pat
Custody and Fathers day
we are week on week off custody. Fathers day falls on my Sunday, which is also our exchange day, we exchange at 8pm Sundays. My EX is asking if he can pick up the kids on Saturday night so he can spend then entire day with them on Fathers day. I offered for him to pi...
Views: 149   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 17, 2021 5:48am
by Libby
t
Tanya
Texas split assets fair
I'm getting a divorce in Texas and my stbx's attorney sent a settlement offer. My total assets are about 180k higher than his. I do not want to have to give my ex one penny of my hard earned money. During our 7 year marriage, he drank heavily and was verbally abusive...
Views: 135   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 16, 2021 8:02pm
by Tanya
my experience
Hello, This is from my personal experience and I just want to thank Dr Masako for bringing joy and happiness to my life, for restoring my relationship. I never believed in any of these things until I broke up my husband over a year ago. Just when I thought all hop...
Views: 127   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 16, 2021 11:59am
by Isabella William...
t
Tania
Wondering
Hello Everyone A friend of mine just filed for divorce after 35 years of marriage I was shocked and sad they both seemed happy and dedicated to each other when I asked her why ? She told me she was tired of being emotional abused even though this emotional abused wa...
Views: 113   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 15, 2021 9:53pm
by Tania
d
Devi
Refusing visitation
My husband and I have been separated about 6 weeks. We had a hearing to resolve temporary matters for child support and visitation. He starts visitation tomorrow. My son is 23 months old and i have been his primary care taker. What if when dad comes pick him up, my s...
Views: 121   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 14, 2021 10:49pm
by Devi
c
Chris
Sites like this
Sites like this cause more harm than good. This site is divisive and one sided. It assumes that men are always at fault for divorce. Women can be just as horrible as men.
Views: 136   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 14, 2021 6:42am
by Chris
out of state visit
I have physical custody of my twins who are 7. My ex-husband lives 1600 miles away. Our custody agreement says he is allowed supervised visits. And he can have them for 2 weeks in the summer. He has never taking them. They have not seen him in over 2 years. His paren...
Views: 112   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 12, 2021 7:56am
by Kelly
Seeking support to go down to the courthouse to get information on filing
It’s a mutual agreement as we’re doing this on our own and I’m the one filing so I am seeking support from others when it’s time to go to the courthouse to confirm I have the accurate documents and gather more information.... it’s quite...
Views: 130   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 10, 2021 11:25am
by Kelly
r
Rita
A Question?
Does anybody believe in Karma?
Views: 190   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 9, 2021 10:44pm
by Rita
s
Sirneu
Controlling Husband
I am going through a divorce with my control freak husband, while i am so much blessed to have this insight now than later, he has hidden most of the money because according to his friends he can pickup money from inside poop ... I am trying to find evidence but I...
Views: 200   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 8, 2021 4:55am
by Mrs D
f
Fatima
What should I do?
Hi Finally my divorce is being finalized I was married to an controlling and no empathy to me or anyone that have been in contact with him and also he has a bad temper I am 60 yrs old and was married for over 30 years and I was the one that decided to get divorce...
Views: 160   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 6, 2021 7:47am
by Karla
k
Karla
Why I feel this way (is it normal ?)
I filed for divorce last November just took my things without telling him and moved with my adult Son My Son always hated him because he was controlling his life My Son always told me to leave him because I deserve better...the reason I left him we usually do not h...
Views: 214   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 6, 2021 7:43am
by Karla
IF YOUR ROMANTIC PARTNERSHIP ENDED BEFORE YOUR CHILD WAS BORN, WE WANT TO HEAR YOUR STORY
A team of researchers led by Kelly McAninch, PH.D., at the University of Kentucky Department of Communication, is conducting a research study to investigate women's experiences of ending a relationship during the transition to parenthood. You may be eligible to pa...
Views: 112   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 4, 2021 8:28am
by Kristin Kampschr...
e
Ellen
Ordered not to drink but 4 ye old says is drinking
In our divorce decree the judge said that my ex-husband was not to consume any alcohol during the time he had the children and 8 hours prior to having the children. I have taped my 4 year old on video telling me how his daddy is drinking beer and then rinsing out The...
Views: 123   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 4, 2021 6:07am
by Kaz
Is it a sign to leave when your husband starts to be abusive just after staying 3 months together?
I am a 20 year old Bangladeshi university students, I got married when I was 19. My husband is 6 years older than me and it was a love marriage against my parents' will. He started to abuse me just after staying together for 3 months (6 months of the marriage, he was...
Views: 128   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 2, 2021 5:06pm
by WishToSay ButCan...
What can I do
Can the dad cut my contact if I had supervised visits and phone calls because I had a cps case closed for not drug testing but still had visit until he went home with the dad hes texted harrassed me and refused calls n visits for a month now
Views: 146   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 2, 2021 4:52pm
by Vanessa
Ending a bad marriage?
We have been married for 4 years, dated about 10 months before getting married. We tried to get pregnant but never successfully. About a month ago we found out that he is completely sterile and that if we want a baby we will have to go with donators sperm. This some...
Views: 204   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 1, 2021 9:40pm
by carry Upton
Ex-husband sick What should I do ??
A question I have been divorce for almost 8 months now ...I just found out that my Ex husband has heart failure and he is in the hospital and I have not been in contact at all since I filed for divorce ( I heard it from a family friend) he is 60 Yrs old And I am 55...
Views: 169   Replies: 8
Last Post: Apr 30, 2021 3:14pm
by Janet
e
Ellen
Do I need attorney for a show cause hearing against my ex
My ex was court ordered to each year supply me with his earnings statement. I asked him for this and he did not give it to me. The Friend of the Court asked him for it and he did not give it to them either. So the Friend of the Court has scheduled a show cause hearin...
Views: 144   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 30, 2021 12:49pm
by Ellen
d
Danee
Complete devastation
My husband of 23 years decided to cheat on me. Just once! this was a day after we had a wonderful weekend out of town. Apparently something was offered to hi and he decided to take it! Neither one of have ever been unfaithful or he says he never has. I seriously beli...
Views: 391   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 29, 2021 11:40am
by Danee Wallace
Complex PTSD and divorcing spouse you love
I (27F) recently told my husband (27M) that I want a divorce. We’ve had our fair share of issues that contribute to the decision but I also am trying to work through CPTSD which complicates the decision. He has started making major life changes that I have been...
Views: 180   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 29, 2021 8:49am
by Kelly
How to heal and go on after a divorce
Hi Question? Been married for 34 yrs and I filed for divorced 2 years ago because most of the time he was controlling and get angry for things that is not a big deal to get angry about I had enough even though I am 63 years old I rather be on my own than hearing h...
Views: 284   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 29, 2021 8:41am
by Kelly
My husband says he has to take pills so he can forget about my weight gain
I really want a divorce but am to scared. My husband says he has to take pills to forget about the 15lbs I have gained. That’s so ridiculous right? I’m super unhappy. He has been taking pills now for at least 5 years. We have totally different parenting s...
Views: 128   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 29, 2021 8:29am
by Kelly
30 Years Married (Two Grown Children) Possible Issues With Dividing Assets
I don't know where to start but I'll try and give a brief overview. Husband and I haven't gotten along in YEARS. Have had ZERO physical relationship in a DECADE. Both children grown. We both have decent jobs (so I think alimony is moot). Issues are I spent the funds...
Views: 171   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 29, 2021 7:34am
by Kelly
Husband HATES my Silver Hair and HATES my weight gain ...
I need to expound a bit more from my most recent post. I'm 52 and I understand I'm "not 72" but 5 years ago I stopped dying my hair. It's beautiful, it's long, it's healthy but yes it's "SILVER" and he hates it. I honestly have ZERO desire to do anything to make some...
Views: 239   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 29, 2021 6:29am
by Kelly
Contemplating divorce
Hi... I am contemplating going through a divorce and my therapist suggested joining a divorce support group and that it might help with my decision. I'm 36 years old and we have two kids, a 3 year old girl and a 5 year old boy. My husband and I have been married for...
Views: 204   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 27, 2021 7:28am
by Zoogirl84
o
Orion
Gave up 20 years of my life...its as if no one notices
Left my partner of 20 years May of 2019. Went through all the usual hell because we were co dependent and he was highly possessive. Had to find work after. Being at home. Find a place to live etc. Now 2 years later im filled with an awful grief. The way my adult chil...
Views: 249   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 27, 2021 5:07am
by Stephanie
a
Ames
Why
I have been separated since June 2019 and divorce is being finalized. But I worry worry worry worry wort about my boys. I have 4 boys and their dad call maybe once a week if their lucky. And the dad's mom is the one who pick up and drops off the boys almost ever week...
Views: 95   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 27, 2021 4:23am
by Kaz
s
Sandra
Needs HELP
My first time ever of any kind of forum I have been divorced for 2 years already after I filed for divorce (had been married for 30 yrs ) to an verbally abusive ex husband he have and still have some health problems during my marriage maybe that is why I feel sorr...
Views: 99   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 25, 2021 7:23pm
by Orion
a
A
I made a mistake
Three years ago, I started divorce proceedings with my husband. He was an addict, racked up debt, emotionally abusive. In the year we were separated, it seemed like he'd gotten it together. He was going to meetings, being consistent, kind, finally started being a da...
Views: 193   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 24, 2021 5:57am
by Buzz
r
RMR
How do you know when it's "enough" to divorce over
Hello, I am new to this forum. I have been in marriage counseling for about 6 months with my husband after many years of doing the lion's share of the parenting and housework, a few years of being emotionally disconnected from one another, and a really low point for...
Views: 286   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 24, 2021 12:19am
by N
a
A
I want a divorce
I have been unhappy for many many years, in my relationship with my husband I feel completely alone, even though he is here with me all the time. I need my own space and my own time. We don't do anything together and have not for a long long time. I enjoy people and...
Views: 152   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 23, 2021 7:18am
by Kaz
l
Lynn
Child refusing visitation.
I'm sorry if this had been talked about before I searched and didn't find anything. I've been divorced for 10 years. The visitation has been strained for a long time due to emotional and mental abuse at the game of the ex's significant other. Visitation was lost for...
Views: 107   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 23, 2021 7:07am
by Kaz
Divorce not finalized
Hi Everyone My first time on this forum I am 60yrs old and my ex is 63 yrs old I filed for divorce about 6 months ago after being married for 34 years from a husband that have been treating me with no respect , controlling and have no emphatic with my adults kids...
Views: 194   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 22, 2021 11:02pm
by Claudia
r
Rachel
Betrayed
Hi! I've been married for a little over 10 years and have 2 little girls, ages 4 and 9. My soon to be ex asked for a divorce out of the blue three weeks ago. Won't give me a reason and we were trying to separate in house to support our kids until we sell our house b...
Views: 180   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 21, 2021 8:45pm
by Amanda
Divorcing young, seeking advice, why am I running?
Hi everyone, Firstly thank you for taking the time to read this. I am fully aware that the issues I am bringing will seem extremely futile and insurmountable to some of the brave stories of other women on here I have been reading. I literally just want somewhere to...
Views: 200   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 21, 2021 2:55pm
by Maro
k
Karen
So darn angry
I've been married for 27 years, have 3 beautiful adult children and I'm miserable. My husband is a huge control freak, he's self centered and selfish. I've worked part time over the years and dealt with his bull**** because I wanted to be home with the kids. When I t...
Views: 175   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 20, 2021 1:05am
by Tami
r
Robin
Cameras
My husband asked for a divorce and now I believe that he has bugged the house. Does anyone know how I could find out. I called a company and it is $2500. Thanks
Views: 188   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 17, 2021 5:28am
by Carol
m
Marci
Question
Newby here: Question: If you had nothing going in to a 27 year marriage, if a divorce happens, does it not make since for all debit, assets, buisness, etc all be liquidated, debits paid and proceeds split 50/50? How can I work with my "husband" of 27 years on a bu...
Views: 143   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 17, 2021 5:27am
by Carol
Kids well being
My kids are having a hard time transitioning. My daughter has refused to go to her dad’s for a few months now. My son wants his dad back home and has a hard time coming back home because he wants to be with his dad. I feel like a failure as a parent.
Views: 160   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 15, 2021 6:15am
by NordicGal
s
Smitty
Is there a better group than this?
Are there any other online groups out there were the people actually have discussions? It really doesn’t seem like many people respond here
Views: 276   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 14, 2021 12:42pm
by Diane
about divorce
Midlife Crisis in Men and Divorce
Views: 114   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 14, 2021 8:25am
by jonnyshonny
s
Sarah
Still wondering if he cheated on me. Divorced 3 years ago!
Happily divorced to an emotionally, physically, and sexually abusive husband. Had to leave due to a sexual assault that was confusing but I knew I needed to leave and divorce him for getting that angry and controlling. Now, a few years later, I think of him severa...
Views: 134   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 12, 2021 9:19pm
by Sarah
l
Leslee
I have been separated since July 2019 after my husband became very violent to me physically and violently we had moved to Spain thank goodness I had left a small flat here in Scotland I became very ill over there around March 2019 which I believe was Covid ( if you G...
Views: 217   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 9, 2021 1:35pm
by Marci
s
Sal
Mourning the loss of my 36 year marriage at 66
My husband and I married in 1985, raised two children, lived and traveled many places, have always got along well, and even valued each other's independence. It was a pretty good marriage. Not perfect, but pretty good. We are both caring and easy-going people and we...
Views: 293   Replies: 13
Last Post: Apr 9, 2021 3:29am
by janz
Financial part of divorce
I have not done this before so here goes. I have another court hearing tomorrow regarding the only asset that was left due to his irresponsible spending and losing our house, so all that I can make a claim on is his work pension . He lives with his parents yet had...
Views: 202   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 9, 2021 3:04am
by janz
y
Yichun
Divorce Finances
Hi ladies, quick question, if two people are living together, not separated or filled/started for a divorce, they are still classed as married. So if you had separate accounts, if either withdrew or spent most of the money will they be questionable in court or is it...
Views: 212   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 8, 2021 8:51am
by Belinda
t
Tyche
Coping with Betrayal
My spouse left over the holidays. He fell into a depression at the start of the pandemic and within a few months I began to fear he could be a harm to himself. I stayed because of that and the conviction that the root issue was depression and not our marriage. He was...
Views: 157   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 7, 2021 2:13am
by Jan
j
Jen
Is it wrong to think it's cheating if he's talking about me and our marriage to his ex wife?
I know that what they specifically talked about makes a difference so here is some of what I found. I found a text exchange where he was talking to her about whether or not to leave our marriage. Three days before this conversation (last week) he told me in therap...
Views: 150   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 6, 2021 6:07pm
by Sam
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25