Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
s
Salty
RFP Armada
Had a fun day on the Peggy "C" today with "Tin Boat", "Craw Fish", and Floydo. We caught 5, fat and sassy, 3 year old Salmon, and missed a couple. It was tough fishing early, but had a good 11 o'clock bite. Twelve of us had a nice lunch at Giuseppe's. Life is good...
Views: 487   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 24, 2010 11:04am
by Crawfish
The Rest of the RFP Armada
The other boats that participated in the RFP Armada were: Salmon Hunter (Bill & Cal), Miss Molly (Jim & Jack), Grey Ghost (Gus, Larry, Lisa), Two Jeans (Dan). We fished from 5AM till 1PM and then docked in Meredith where we enjoyed a lunch and some great comraderi...
Views: 362   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 24, 2010 9:53am
by White Cap
Short report (Monday night)
We spent Fri-Tues at the lake (camping out of Long Island Br CG). While I was hoping to get out several times, the weather was just so nice that my family spent most of the time in the water. Monday night, we boated down to Wolfboro for dinner and I brought the fishi...
Views: 608   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 24, 2010 7:14am
by John Sampson
LCI Derby Update
Some of the guys we know on the board are showing up on the LCI Derby results board. Saw YoAdrian, Alan Nute and Pat Colby. Check the board at this link: http://www.mychamplain.net/fishing-derbies/29th-annual-fathers-day-fishing-derby/results
Views: 609   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jun 23, 2010 10:15pm
by triple D
Contact list
My phone did not survive the swim in the pool today and as suspected all contact info cannot be recovered, gone forever. I had a great numnber of you guys in my cell address book and would like to add you back into my new phone. Please e mail me at Sampsonbroth...
Views: 289   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 23, 2010 9:43pm
by John Sampson
s
Steve
Penn Yan antique cartopper boat for sale
1950s vintage Penn Yan all wooden, 12' cartopper boat for sale. Boat has been stripped to be refinished. Have all origional hardware and wooden pieces. Have instructions on how to finish. Will need to be finish sanded, poly, outside will need to be glassed or can...
Views: 506   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 23, 2010 8:54am
by Steve
E Mail from you
You asked if I git the e mails from you and I said I wasn't sure ??? If it was important at all send it again. Big John
Views: 268   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 23, 2010 7:39am
by John Sampson
Rick @ BBW
Hey rick, My cell phone took a swim (in the toilet, no less) and I lost your number as well as the size of the boat cushion for John's boat. I bought the material and the foam. Give me a call. All the Best, Gary
Views: 521   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 22, 2010 1:28pm
by White Cap
17 Foot Starcraft for Sale
I have a 17' Starcraft for sale with a 50hp Mercury 2 stroke and a Minn Cota 55 All Terrain trolling motor. It is listed on Craigslist and I have about 30 more photos I can send. Please check it out and even if you are not interested I would appreciate anyones feedba...
Views: 358   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 22, 2010 12:28pm
by George Adams
d
DOC
HAPPY FATHERS DAY
Have a great one everybody!!!!!!!!! Doc
Views: 383   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 20, 2010 8:50pm
by John Sampson
Sat report
Well My partner made it out with me this week. On the water by 5:15 and fish were rising everywhere. We motored down the lake to 5 mile and set up with live bait. 2 on riggers and two on core. Covered the water from on top to 35', not hits for quite a while then we l...
Views: 448   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 19, 2010 3:38pm
by CaptSpike
m
MARKT
Chamberlain Stackers
Have these hit the market yet and if so where are they being sold? Thanks for your help. Mark
Views: 456   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 18, 2010 10:03pm
by tackleman
Thur. Mini Salmon Report
Fished from 5:15 - 10:45. Caught about a dozen first year salmon and 1 nice 21" porky Laker. The salmon were 10-12" so they're growing fast but even my son didn't want to bother reeling in the little guys by the end of the day, at least he got to haul in the laker. S...
Views: 586   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 18, 2010 9:33am
by WinniTroller
r
Robbie
Sold my boat
My boat is gone. Thanks to all who inquired and asked for more info. The best part is, I sold it to another RFP and he has invited me to go fishing with him when I can. Thanks again, ROBBIE
Views: 354   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 17, 2010 8:03pm
by John Sampson
MIA
If I have missed messages from anyone it is nit because I don't love you - got admitted to DHMC Sunday afternoon for the erternal migraine and just got cut loose couple of hours ago. More drugs than the original Woodstock concert. Shootup sleep pee. got home and s...
Views: 435   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 17, 2010 5:08pm
by Yankee Native
Mon, Salt report
Went out with Thomas and friend Ben. Right out of Portsmouth harbor we jigged up some mackerel to use on stripers later in the day. Went out to Whaleback looking for some trophy cod amongst many boats including 5 charters. The bite was too slow for us so we struck ou...
Views: 512   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 17, 2010 12:01pm
by Fishrod
d
DOUG
need boat
I SOLD MY BASS BOAT. NEED A 14 TO 16FT ALUMINUM FISHING BOAT.HAS ANYONE GOT ONE FOR SALE, OR KNOW OF ONE FOR SALE.
Views: 480   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 16, 2010 8:39pm
by DOUG
Moore Dam Fishing Tournament
For anyone interested the Connecticut River Moore Dam Fishing Tournament has been scheduled for June 25-27. This is a terrific multi species contest on a beautiful 12 mile long undeveloped reservoir. Even the yellow perch are worth $5 each!! Check their website ou...
Views: 436   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 16, 2010 7:04pm
by Mike
s
Salty
FREE electric stove
I have a Whrilpool, self cleaning, electric range and will give it to someone who needs one. I decided I would like to switch to a gas stove. My new stove is being delivered Thurs. So have to know by then, as Lowe's will take it with them if no one wants it. If anyo...
Views: 381   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 15, 2010 8:55pm
by John Sampson
Lake Ontario Report
Returned about two weeks ago from a trek to Lake Ontario for 7 days. I have fished before with guides but not for an extended period. Truly an incredible fishery and the time we were there the fishing wasn't as good as usual for mid May. We stayed in Newton NY about...
Views: 348   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 15, 2010 8:29pm
by Fishrod
s
Salty
F & G meeting!!!!!
Hey everybody. Reminder!!! Meeting in Concord at 6:30 pm. It's about next years rule changes!! Salty
Views: 408   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 15, 2010 8:02pm
by Salty
Stinson lake
Rumor has it a 18lb+ lake trout was caught at stinson lake, I heard a 14 year old got it. BARRY
Views: 556   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 15, 2010 6:57pm
by John Sampson
b
B-Man
Champ Report
Just spent 9 days at champ. Fished the plattburg derby and then week vacation.Fishing was good except for me! I just could not get into them.Wednesday day we finally got into them [not me] and mac got one 4-11.with some other fish anywhere from 18 to 21.Brought mac`s...
Views: 450   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 15, 2010 5:22pm
by Charlies Charter...
a
Andrew
Down Riggers for sale
I have 2 cannon down riggers with a 48" reach, 2 gimbal mounts, 2 pivot bases I also have a couple of box's of spoons best "real offer" Andrew
Views: 455   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 15, 2010 3:33pm
by LOL Dave
Squam report Friday and Saturday or Doom and Gloom
No report, 2 days, 3 small Bows and 1 Bass at 42 feet down. Huge May Fly hatch, YOY Smelt now bite size and with two missing Salmon year classes, Squam has slowed to a crawl. Even the Bass fisherman are feeling the slow bite. We were spotting big arches down deep...
Views: 500   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 14, 2010 9:43am
by Leftyyyy
Thursday thru Saturday on Winni
Did my annual pre-motorcycle weekend at Ames Farm fishing with my dad and brother Mike. Although we had several long stretches of no fish, we ended up with several quality 3 year old fish. The hot spoons were the Red and White Top Gun, Ugly Orange Copper DB Smelt, Or...
Views: 607   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 14, 2010 6:51am
by Charlie
a
Andrew
2001 Cobia 24' cc for sale
2001 cobia 24' center console 4 sale. 200 hpdi main motor 9.9 4 stroke kicker.. color gps & fish finder..great dual axle trailer. Boat lived @ west alton marina for many years now on its trailer in Rochester..Must sell this GREAT boat..well under NADA....before low...
Views: 397   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 13, 2010 7:51pm
by Andrew
r
Robbie
Boat for sale update
I was talking to Forry this morning and he more or less questioned how I arrived at my asking price. Upon recalculating the value of the extras on my boat, I found that I did indeed make a mistake. The NADA book value plus all the extras comes to $6274. I have lower...
Views: 466   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 13, 2010 7:00pm
by ilucas
boat for sale
I have a 2002 triton 175 sport with 40 hp merk EFI and matching trailor. everything is 2002. selling because I want a deep V aluminum. Would trade for equal value deep V.
Views: 501   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 13, 2010 5:12pm
by Doug
Champ 6/7 to 6/9 Report
Fished from 6/7 afternoon till 6/9 evening with Fishrod and Tin Boat, 19 salmon, 2 small browns and 1 laker, went 22 for 27. Want to thank crazy ivan for some guidance of where to find some fish, as the lake has changed since my last visit 2 week ago. The bait has mo...
Views: 487   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 13, 2010 10:35am
by Salty
s
Salty
Friday Winni report.
Easy Ed and I caught some quality fish today. We had to work hard, but managed 7 salmon and a smallie. All salmon released except a hook wounded one. (very skinny 3 yr old) All others healthy 3 yr olds, and one 22 1/2" with no fin clipped. Don't know age. Fish were...
Views: 632   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 13, 2010 7:35am
by Anrik1
Sat. report
Fishing partner was ill this am so I fished solo. Can't remember the last time I did that. Two rods made boat handling easy but limited the lures in the water. Took some time to get a pattern. Started with last weeks purple orange blades and a cool-water special. Sec...
Views: 491   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 12, 2010 9:17pm
by Salty
new to the boards
Another Squam-aholic here. Just found the board (link through AJ’s site, TYVM!)… amazing amount of in-depth information here. After years of bass fishing, I got bitten hard by the salmon bug last year. Sold the bass boat and got a new aluminum fish ...
Views: 418   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 12, 2010 4:30pm
by John Sampson
Striper Fishing out of Rye Harbor
I am going to go striper fishing tomorrow out of Rye Harbor. My plan is to jig up some mackeral and fill my livewell. Then I am going to try for some stripers. I am kind of new at this striper boat fishing and am looking for some tips. I am not really sure where...
Views: 380   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 12, 2010 2:45pm
by fishRman
alone in the rain
thurs afternoon i got out of work early enough and had the boat with me ...so i was gonna hit squam but have never been on the lake and was not sure of public access ..so i stopped in at A.J's for a little insight ..and to pick up a couple more d.b's ..after talking...
Views: 338   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 12, 2010 2:09pm
by finless
striper fishing with Captain Matty on June 7
My brother Steve, my neighbor Steve, and I had a great day if striper fishing on Monday with captain Matty. Caught a bunch of mackeral and did balloon fishing for a couple of hours. landed one 45" fish and lost two other hits. Hit the Merrimack river mouth for about...
Views: 227   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 11, 2010 12:05pm
by John Haran
Salt Report
Bluejacket and I had a great day on the salt. The flat seas were a nice plus! We didn't find those 40 inchers that Capt. Matty was talking about, but.... We did catch over 20 fish between 26-36 inches. All fish caught on live mackerel.
Views: 336   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 10, 2010 2:29pm
by The Butcher
pics from cod fishing 05/2010
Here are some picyures os some of the Cod we caught fishing Last week. Enjoy Capt. Matty Hooked On Salmon Fishing Charters
Views: 520   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 10, 2010 10:12am
by Salty
Fish finder question?
What would be an inexpensive fish finder that will show the thermocline when it sets up? Or, If you own one that shows the thermocline; what make and model is it? Thanks Guys
Views: 418   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 9, 2010 8:45pm
by Dave P.
Newfound report
Launched @0500 into fish right off lots of bait but couldn't get away from the little guys,must just have been stocked.Didn't seem to matter what was used copper&orange or spin doctor&flys it all worked.No big fish all were released in the water. BARRY
Views: 400   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 9, 2010 1:12pm
by jusgrinnin
Lake O reports sorta
Tried to fish the big lake sat-mon ( mexico bay ) , the weather just wont quit! Managed 7 hrs on the water between weather events.Put 7 browns in the box and lost that many again , best over 8#.Lake is starting to set up with lots of bait in 40-60fow. all fish on rig...
Views: 375   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 9, 2010 8:26am
by John Sampson
s
Salty
Tues fishing in the wind report
Easy Ed and I caught a bunch of 3 yr old salmon today, but it wasn't easy in the wind. Ended up fishing just 2 rods on the riggers. All but one fish caught on live bait right behind the blades. Lots of jumps, and tail walks in the rough water. All but one fish (hook...
Views: 483   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 8, 2010 9:56pm
by Kool-Aid
Striper Fishing Report
Striper Fishing Report from the last 4 days. Striper Fishing is unbelievable, there is plenty of bait to be caught. I have gotten 12 fish over 40 inches in the last 4 days. The biggest 2 are at 45 inches. Anyone who goes down fishing give me a call on Channel 10....
Views: 345   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 8, 2010 7:53pm
by Capt. Matty
Sat. on Winni.
Got out on Winni at 10:30 after the am storms. Picked up and released a nice 18" 2 1/2 lb Bow on 5 colors on orange & copper DB within 15 mins. Fished until 2;30, boating and releasing one 16" healthy Salmon, and losing three more! tough day. One was a very, very nic...
Views: 326   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 8, 2010 12:35pm
by Fishing Fanatic
1,000 Islands Info. ?
Thinking about taking the wife and the boat to 1,000 Islands N.Y. area for mid summer fishing vacation. Never been there so looking for fishing info. etc. Thanx, Cal P.
Views: 393   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 8, 2010 8:28am
by Rich D
Fish Finders
With all of the great info always posted on here why would anyone go else where to find out what to look for! Looking at buying a new fish finder. Don't want to break the empty bank but don't want the $59 dollar special either! We now have a older Eagle fish ID 128 a...
Views: 411   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 8, 2010 8:19am
by jusgrinnin
I'm out...
Well guys and gal's I'm headed out Sunday morning bound for the DR to get hitched. Soon i'll be on here talking about the swimbo and sippn' spoffard special LOL... Talk to you all soon... Ps. I will not be checking the board because all the fish talk will kill m...
Views: 744   Replies: 20
Last Post: Jun 8, 2010 6:10am
by Hal Lyon
Plattsburgh Rotary fishing derby (Lake Champlain)
Friday, Saturday and Sunday Lena and I fished the Plattsburg Roteray on Champlain. To qualify for the teams catagory you must have two different species. We had decided to go for Salmon and Lake Trout. Frday regestered a small Salmon 3.5 lbs. Saturday morning the big...
Views: 642   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 7, 2010 7:16pm
by The Butcher
Lake Champlain Weekend
Ruth and I headed out on friday for our annual trek to the lake. Put in around noon time and were into fish by 100. Only fished untill 400 pulled out and headed to the hotel to check in and a good meal. Saturday put in early and fished outside of shelburne bay and be...
Views: 272   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 7, 2010 6:43pm
by Fishin' Buddies
p
pete
Winnisquam report
Been out about 10 times on the lake with fishing being really slow. Have been marking alot of bait fish with alot of fish following. So far have managed only 6 lakers and 2 bows all around 17-19". Most fish are being caught with 5 colors of leadcore or 350 ft on the...
Views: 437   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 7, 2010 4:44pm
by Yankee Native
Squam weekend report
Fishing was too slow to make a fish report, 1 Squamed day in the rain (1 Bass) other days close to being Squamed (skunked) but did boat a few small new resident healthy looking Bows and one 3 pounder, 18". No Salmon for the weekend, seems to be just about fished...
Views: 348   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 7, 2010 4:24pm
by John Sampson
Creel reports
I spoke with Fish and Game Biologist John Viar the other day and he said that virtually no creel reports have been sent in. (I send one in every fishing day, good or bad, they need to hear it all) Now that the Director of Fish and Game has taken some of the less d...
Views: 418   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 7, 2010 1:58pm
by John Sampson
Striper fishing
Took a striper charter today with Captain Matty (Hooked on Salmon).Went with a couple of coworkers Les and Bob.This was an instructional trip and we learned plenty,thank you Capt.Matty.We limited out on big,Big stripers.4 of them were 40-42 inches and the rest were j...
Views: 356   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 6, 2010 10:18pm
by Dave P.
brown trout
Ossipee lake can anyone give me info on fishing there. also any other smaller brown trout ponds or lakes in the winni area. thanks for the info you all post on this site
Views: 385   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 6, 2010 9:33pm
by robert Mitchals
j
JoeG
Calling John Sampson
John, please email me at glowik01@hotmail.com so I can email you something in return . Thanks Joe G
Views: 320   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 6, 2010 7:35pm
by John Sampson
Fri, Sat report
Fri picked up a nice acrobatic three year old 21" on an AJ's white perch fly at 10-12' over 65 FOW 2.1 - 2.4 mph. Sat' no salmon, but took a nice 4+ laker over a 45' hump in the broads on an orange DB, 6 colors same speed.
Views: 433   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 5, 2010 10:32pm
by altonbayer
w
W-Fat
Squam
Thurs. p.m. & Fri. a.m. with Big John. Caught some bows. So we did not get squamed. Tried some new STUFF & methods. Aways a good trip with Jon. Although he wasn't quite as focused, (he had a Miranda Lambert CD playing & he kept looking at the CD cover) and almost hit...
Views: 438   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 5, 2010 3:59pm
by Dave P.
s
Salty
Friday report
Blue fin and I had a good day fishing out in the broads with live bait. No bait rigs, just a single hook through the lips. 8 salmon, (6 3 yr olds and 2 2yr olds) 1 Laker and 1 rainbow. 2 Salmon came on 5 and 6 colors lead, the rest on the riggers 26' to 32'. They did...
Views: 727   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 5, 2010 3:49pm
by Salty
Big John?
Big John, You ever get those E-mails I sent ya? Never heard back from ya? Take Care God Bless LOL Dave
Views: 401   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 5, 2010 12:56pm
by John Sampson
Great site & great advice.
Guys, i've been following the site for two years now and think it's great. The sportsmanship and advice is fantastic.We,ve been out 10 times on winni this year with steady, good results each trip. Many 2-3 yr. olds 18" to 21" and healthy 2-4 lbs. A few nice bows mixe...
Views: 359   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 3, 2010 7:55pm
by Salty
Squam report Friday thru Monday and couple of new product reports.
Not much to brag about over the 4 days, but we did catch a few fish every day, how do you guys catch 2 year old Salmon on Winni, we can't catch a one on Squam ? Monday Paul and Adam Dubriske (G2 folks) fished with me, they brought the newest G2 Jig Ball to test. I...
Views: 647   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 3, 2010 2:01pm
by Cool Water
Guided trip
Fianally decided to go out on a guided trip with the owner of this site. My wife and I have fished all over but never had much luck on Winni. Travis put us on them, thanks for a great time! We learned sooo much and had no idea you could catch fish like that in this...
Views: 547   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 3, 2010 1:57pm
by Cool Water
Cod Fishin
June 2nd met up with Capt.Matty for a day of ocean fishing. The forcast was going to be a beauty but they forgot one thing FOG Let me tell ya it was on the ocean! We made it out to the mud flats and went to work on the cod! first one was a nice 12lb second one was a...
Views: 282   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 3, 2010 1:03pm
by Bup & Gram
b
B-Man
Champ Trip
Well it has finaly got here we [Mac,my son me] leave tomorrow for champ for the Plattsburg derby and a weeks vaction.Hopefully good weather and calm lake.Big john is coming up for two days next week and w-fat is coming up next thursday to finish the week.Good luck to...
Views: 397   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 3, 2010 11:53am
by The Butcher
Squam Report
Got out last week for 5 straight days. Not one salmon. Pretty much a rainbow trout fishery at this point. The two missing classes of salmon is really evident. That said, caught a couple beautiful rainbows. Best depth was 22', with a 75' lead off the rigger ball....
Views: 458   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 2, 2010 10:49pm
by John Sampson
Tuesday Night
Fished last hour of the day after the storms blew through. Landed one nice 3 year old on 4 colors of lead using an Orange with Black Spots Top Gun. Also lost one on the rigger at 20 feet on a Pearl Colored Guide Special. Lots of pollen on top and the surface was 63...
Views: 424   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 2, 2010 5:01pm
by Misty Mornin
Ocean
First trip to the ocean this year. Found bait all over the place. Caught lots for the lobster traps. Stopped by the Merrimack for a few drifts. Frank with a keeper.
Views: 420   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 1, 2010 11:30pm
by Fishrod
Pollen
Does anyone have any ideas or comments on the effects of Pollen on the water with fishing ??? 4 day Squam report and product report coming later today. Big John
Views: 557   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jun 1, 2010 10:25pm
by LOL Dave
Sunday Salt Report
Spent the day inbetween inside flag and southwest hump,we had lots of company out there.Water conditions were near flat till about noon...ride in was quite bumpy.Big cod are in close now,we boated 8 decent size keepers between 25 and 36 inches.No real monsters althou...
Views: 444   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 1, 2010 4:14pm
by Yankee Native
d
DOC
First time out Sat and Mon report
Super day on Sat fishing with a friend. Many 2 and three year old Salmon that were very healhty and fat. Tremendous aerial action fron the three year olds. No hook damage visilble on any fish. Four lakers with one at 21 inches, a very strong and healthy fish. All fis...
Views: 474   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 1, 2010 10:20am
by Salty
Fishing Winni Sat.And Sunday
Fished Sat. And Sunday.Steady action both days. Caught several Salmon and Lakers Both Days 3 Plus Lbs. All fish Were legel size. Except One 13". Lead core 5 to 7 colors. Riggers 20" To 30" With stackers. Best colors blue silver also Orange Brass also Rangley. And Ajs...
Views: 431   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 31, 2010 8:11pm
by triple D
Sat.& Mon. On Winni
Sat. only 3 hits from 5:00 - 9:00 but boated them all at least. 2 on flat line leadcore 4 colors and 1 on rigger at 22'. one fish each on white/red dot DB, orange/black dot TopGun, and silver/pink and blue TopGun. 19" 3 yr., 2 15" 2 yr. salmon. Mon. started off sl...
Views: 461   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 31, 2010 3:39pm
by WinniTroller
r
Robbie
Selling my boat
Due to health reasons I am reluctantly putting my boat up for sale. I'm selling it fully eqipped ready to fish. Its a 2001 17' Tracker Pro Deep V with 50hp Mercury outboard. Includes--rods, reels, tackle, Cannon Mag 10 electric downriggers, trolling motor, vhs radio...
Views: 556   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 31, 2010 10:08am
by tinboat
Cape Stipers
Fished down the Cape yesterday for Stripers. We went out with Jon Hyde (508 454-7272) who specializes on light spinning or fly fishing for Stipers on the Brewster Flats. Winds were 15 to 20 knotts so it was bumpy to say the least. We fished the outgoing tide from 3pm...
Views: 477   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 30, 2010 6:56pm
by Fishrod
champ fishing
Fished 5/24 to 5/27 with Richard (Fishrod) and Cal (White Cap) in the Thompson Point area. Met crazyivan on the water Tuesday, reeldeal on Wednesday evening and cross paths with Salmoneye many times during our stay. Can’t forget some lengthy conversations with...
Views: 576   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 29, 2010 12:00pm
by White Cap
Fishin SquamSaturday
Salmon Stalker, have a seat on the Barge tomorrow (Saturday) Call or e mail me. 4:45 am to 11:45 Big John
Views: 395   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 28, 2010 5:10pm
by John Sampson
Drift Socks
Is there a local (Lakes Region Area) shop that sells drift socks and has them in stock? Looking for two to be used bottom fishing the ocean, not for trolling purposes. Will be on a 21' boat. Thank you for any help. Or if anyone has one or two used ones they'd like t...
Views: 334   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 28, 2010 2:23pm
by FishinFool
Lost Lures!
I know its a shot in the dark but i lost a full lure keeper out of my boat, about 60 of my best lures! Im guessing the blew out on the road between Glendale and route 106. I took the bypass. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, A.J.
Views: 565   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 28, 2010 11:27am
by Fishrod
HALIBUT FISHING
Just got back from Port Townsend, Wa.--fishing with my brother and sister for Halibut on FISHTALE II in Puget Sound. The season was for 3 weeks-Thur/Fri/Sat only. Took this 171 pound fish on Sat AM -jigging salted herring at 175 feet. It was 2nd largest taken in...
Views: 505   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 28, 2010 11:23am
by Fishrod
s
Salty
Wed catching report
Great day on the water! The breeze helped keep us cool and it also got rid of all that pollen that was on the surface. Slow start but picked up about 8:30 am and was pretty much non stop until about 1:00. All fish but one came on riggers and were caught in 80+ fow do...
Views: 712   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 28, 2010 9:29am
by Salty
Late Squam report
Fished Friday with Travis and Ryan, we each got a Bow, 3.5 to 4 pounds, nice fish and one other new resident Bow. Fished that nite again with Trav, he broke off a big one, the only bite. Saturday I fished with B Man and Mac, plenty of fresh shrimp cocktail (you l...
Views: 461   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 27, 2010 9:05pm
by Yankee Native
New Hampshire moose lottery
Hello everyone just a quick reminder that this week is the last week for the NH moose hunt lottery. So log on today and get your application submitted. Thanks Jason
Views: 358   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 27, 2010 5:54pm
by finless
Thursday Late Morning
Started late water was calm and steady !! Fishing Solo I went 5 for 8 ! I donkeyed the three at the boat but was still happy with the late bite. 4 lakers 4 salmon no dinks !
Views: 483   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 27, 2010 4:27pm
by Misty Mornin
What lure?
Tough question. If you could only run one lure all season for salmon in winni which would you pick and what color? For me; orange and gold hammered finish DB smelt.
Views: 649   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 27, 2010 6:16am
by ilucas
fishing with the fat one
Got a chance to fish with an old friends W-Fat,and Johnny white gloves this past week. What a great time these two guys are the best. Caught lots of fish, watched the bottom take it's share of lures,had a few beverages afterward and showed the NH boys around town. Lo...
Views: 410   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 26, 2010 7:07pm
by W-Fat
Views: 558   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 26, 2010 2:45pm
by Cool Water
What a Fishery!
Hit Champlain this morning and really got into em good. This was the biggest at 6.4 lbs we averaged 3-4 lbs on the rest of the fish. Apparently there was a tournament this weekend up there - would have been in the money had we known! Fish were all over the pla...
Views: 655   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 26, 2010 12:24pm
by John Sampson
w
W-Fat
4 days 4 lakes
5/18 off to Phillips Me. With white gloves to fish with ole bud Strings, staying at his new hunting lodge. Went to LL Bean first, on return trip stopped at Jay ME. to check out whats called the Jay Ballet. (it was more like frite nite) & alot of dollar bills disappe...
Views: 551   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 26, 2010 8:48am
by John Sampson
Lake Nubi
Hit up Lake Nubanusit Sunday afternoon for some trolling. I hadn't been to the lake in a couple years so I was excited to get there. The fishing was lackluster but the scenery was superb. We trolled from about 3 PM until about 7:30 PM and all we could manage was a...
Views: 463   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 25, 2010 12:40pm
by Smokin Turtle
2 hours sleep but Managed to make it out today!!!!
So my regular fishing partner says he'll call me after my party last night (Yes Finally Graduated WOOOOO HOOOOOOOO LOL) but not to late, around 11p.m. he calls and says "So you still wanna go fishing tomorrow?" Sure why not, (let's just say I'm not used to pulling al...
Views: 515   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 24, 2010 8:03pm
by Finaddiction (Da...
Sunday winni report
Caught several nice salmon 3 and 4 year olds. With a few 2 year olds mixed in.Very foggy early. But the early bite was real good with several LDRS.The salmon are in so much better shape then last year.At this time. Didn"t see any hook wounds.Riggers 15 too 20 f.t. L...
Views: 543   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 24, 2010 6:31pm
by triple D
a
Anrik1
How to tell age of salmon???
Ok, I've finally broken down to ask, I hear everyone posting about catching 2-3 year old salmon....how do you know? The ones I've pulled in haven't had a year stamped on their sides, or they haven't told me "hey I'm 2 years old". LOL I've learned everything else ab...
Views: 464   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 24, 2010 5:55pm
by John Sampson
Fishing out of Ames Farm 5/15
Fished out of Ames Farm weekend before last. Had a good time with 4 generations of the Kelly’s and we caught some nice salmon and 1 big laker. Most fish caught at 2 to 3 colors of lead and 18 to 20 feet on the riggers. Orange with Black Spots DB, LCI1 in red...
Views: 610   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 24, 2010 5:52pm
by John Sampson
r
Rich D
This past weekend
Please help, for the past 7 months I have been looking forward to salmon fishing on the big lake. Last year was my 1st year fishing for the deep ones. I outfitted my boat with 2 canon down riggers and a nice compliment of trolling rods and reels. I purchased about 2...
Views: 503   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 24, 2010 3:59pm
by JC
Wanted: 2 drift bags
Hav'n got some fantastic deals on gear on the board before I figured to give it another try. I'm look'n to get 2 drift bags (1 for each side) to slow the Tank down. Anyone have 2 in the garage they want to sell? All the Best, Gary
Views: 384   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 23, 2010 10:13pm
by Tankdriver
Sat. Report
Fished Sat with a couple of new crewmembers aboard the Talewalker. These are my 7 year old nephews who have been asking me for two months to take them fishing. These boys each landed several nice salmon and lakers and had the time of their lives. Picture me trying...
Views: 374   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 23, 2010 8:14pm
by ilucas
a
Anrik1
Nice weekend on Tessie
The ladies of Tessie made their fishing debut on Saturday. Had a good time Mallorie got the laker and the mrs. got the salmon.
Views: 447   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 23, 2010 10:25am
by ilucas
d
dave
need a new or used out board motor around 7 or 9 horse
any good places i can check out around the meredith area for a good deal on a outboard thanks
Views: 313   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 23, 2010 9:15am
by CaptSpike
Partner for wensday
Looking for some to fish with wed.,all you need is to want to have fun. I'm not a guide nor do I play one on tv, any takers let me here or by E-mail.BARRY
Views: 298   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 22, 2010 8:00pm
by jusgrinnin
Throbbin Rods calling Koolaid
Cody - you back from school for the summer yet? Maybe we can get together for some piscatorial pursuits this summer. Later bill
Views: 369   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 22, 2010 1:06pm
by Kool-Aid
boat 4 sale
hi guys i am selling my boat.and it will come with all the new fishing gear i bought last year. from electric downriggers to planer mast and otter boats.and a whole lot more!!!! if interested check it out on craigslist nh or call me at (603)765-2256 this is the ID...
Views: 426   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 22, 2010 11:47am
by salmon stalker
Friday results
Fished with Sur Reel, for a slow start in the morning just a couple of Salmon, catching took a 2 hour hiatus giving us time to get the lure selection to what they wanted. Hookups came in doubles and in quick sequence, no time to let the net dry. Fished one area and w...
Views: 455   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 22, 2010 10:26am
by Gray Ghost
d
dave
rebuilding boat moter help
have a 15 horse force motor only 10 years old pistons gone needs to be rebuilt don,t know what the heck happened anybody recomend someone thats good at rebuilding a motor who is not to expensive i live in eastwakefield nh thanks
Views: 330   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 22, 2010 9:42am
by Crawfish
Thursday report
I went out with Richard aka Fishrod and his friend Jamie. We launched out of West Alton Marine. We ran down to Black point and hooked up a few fish right off the bat.Later we fished Rattlesnake and Diamond. We caught fish everywhere we went. Fish were hitting both ri...
Views: 497   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 22, 2010 8:11am
by Fishrod
s
Salty
Friday fishing report
Tin Boat and Fishrod fished with me on the Peggy "C" today. Caught a bunch of 2 and 3 yr. old Salmon. Only 3 fish on the early bite at Black Point. One nice 3 yr. old at 6:05 off the boards. We finally dialed them in at 30' on riggers, and 5 to 6 colors on lead. Ra...
Views: 515   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 22, 2010 7:26am
by Smokin Turtle
Shake down
H/eadedto Sunapee this AM for a shakedown cruise. Yeah, I am late this year getting her in the water. If all goes well might hit Newfound or Winni tomorrow with Jusgrinnin. Good luck to all out there today. Tight lines and be safe.
Views: 338   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 22, 2010 3:10am
by Throbbin Rods
Newfound report
Got a late start today so we stayed closer to home put out @ 7 or so fished from Wellington up to the ledges then across to Whittemore point to Sanborn bay. Rainbows were very fisty and heavy,all fish came on orange/black dotts 61 gun 2 colors of lead some off planer...
Views: 489   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 21, 2010 9:11pm
by Kool-Aid
LOL DAVE
Hey Dave,taking the turd out on winnie out of wolfboro saterday morning.You are welcome to come along and see how the turd stacks up to the tub,lol.Let me know polebreaker
Views: 382   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 21, 2010 9:00pm
by LOL Dave
Cod Fishing Report 05/21/2010
Cod Fishing 05/21/2010 Took 4 clients out today, fishing was really hot. Caught 38 Cod average was 10 to 25lbs seas were nice and flat a little rollie. Anyone interested 1 or 4 guys I can put a trip together. Going back out tomorrow. Capt. M...
Views: 268   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 21, 2010 8:01pm
by Capt. Matty Hook...
YAHOO!!! WINNI HERE I COME!!!
WELL GOOD MORNING ANGLERS!!!FINALLY THE TIME HAS COME FOR US TO HEAD TO THE LAKE, 2 AND HALF DAYS ON THE WATER AND IT LOOKS THAT MOTHER NATURE MAYBE ON OUR SIDE.. (FINGERS CROSSED) SORRY TO SAY I HAVE NOT BEEN OUT ON WINNI SINCE THE DERBY LAST YEAR AS THAT WAS MY FI...
Views: 405   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 21, 2010 5:25pm
by Salty
Champlain Advice?
Will be going up for a few days next month (mid month) and was wondering if anyone had any advice. Going for salmon and lakers. Mid lake area in the Whallon Bay area. Being a Winni fisherman I don't want to show up with my 4 pound flouro leader, noodle rods, and smal...
Views: 376   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 21, 2010 10:43am
by Mac
G2 Stacker
I just acquired a G2 Jigger stacker model. I looks like a really neat rig. Can anyone offer any advice on proper use? Should I replace the supplied pinch-pad release with another? Any and all advice is appreciated. David
Views: 467   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 21, 2010 8:27am
by Davidrha
ocean!
The ocean is hot get out and fish!!! Fished saturday and sunday. Sunday was a perfect day for catching and seas were perfect. 5 of us on sunday had 0ver 70 lbs of fillets for everyone. The biggest cod was a huge 29 lbs. saturday was a good day picking away at them on...
Views: 436   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 20, 2010 10:25pm
by Yankee Native
Another Tuesday Fishing Report
Hit the water with 2 of my buddies in "The Smokin Turtle around 5:20AM Tues. I was so excited to be out for the first time this year that I might of got 2 hours of sleep before leaving my house in Goffstown but hey, it's easy to get up and fish instead of working ri...
Views: 528   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 20, 2010 3:50pm
by Link
m
MARKT
RUMOR
Any truth behind the rumor that Laconia Rotary is going to run the Spring Derby for 2011?
Views: 546   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 20, 2010 3:37pm
by MikeF-NH
20.5ft Trophy Bayliner for Sale
If anyone is interested let me know. -Scott http://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/boa/1750612773.html
Views: 403   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 20, 2010 12:52pm
by Scott D in Merri...
Planer Board Releases.
First off a HUGE thank you to those who answered my Planing Issue post. A lower pitch prop was just what was needed and it made a night/day difference... Thank You.. Now... I think I must be retarded.. I have the worse time getting my releases to slide down the pl...
Views: 550   Replies: 10
Last Post: May 19, 2010 7:25pm
by ilucas
l
Link
Mon, Tue winni report
Had a fantastic time the last two days out on the water and napping on the couch! Fished with a friend from work who grew up fly fishing for trout in the streams of PA and he wanted to get out on the big pond to catch some salmon. Monday morning was a little tough...
Views: 565   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 19, 2010 12:10pm
by Smokin Turtle
s
Salty
Lake O fishing report
RFPs Jim Barry(The Judge), Salmon Hunter and I fished on the Peggy "C". Fishrod and White Cap fished with Gray Ghost on his boat. We fished the pm on Tues, May 11. Not sure if any fish were caught on that day. I know we didn't. On Wed. we fished all day with only one...
Views: 564   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 19, 2010 10:19am
by Salty
a
Anrik1
"Tessie's" new Maiden voyage today
I'm up and all excited. Heading to winni for some fishing today and tomorrow with Tessie. Even though she's had her maiden voyage, this is her new maiden voyage with her new motor. The nissan she came with died on trip number 2. So 1 month into fishing season, 2 di...
Views: 385   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 19, 2010 5:16am
by Dave P.
b
Ben
Best places to fish for perch
Me and some buddies will be up next week and I am new to the area and looking for some good places preferably shore accessible but we do have a boat. Also, what kind of bait/lures would you recommend. Also, what other kinds of fish are hitting really well right n...
Views: 359   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 18, 2010 11:02pm
by Link
e
Eric C
Moosehead Lake
Planning a trip t moosehead lake the first week of June. Does anyone have any helpfull info. Thanks in advance
Views: 411   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 18, 2010 7:21pm
by The other Russ J...
Hooked On Salmon Calling B-man
Call me for some dates 603-731-1804 Capt. Matty Groves Hooked On Salmon Fishing Charters
Views: 294   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 18, 2010 7:19pm
by Capt. Matty Grov...
Saltwater report 05/17/10
Went cod fishing today The seas were nice and flat. Ended up with 37 Cod. The average weight was 9 to 14lbs. Fished 250 to 300 feet of water. Enjoyed a great day of fishing. Capt. Matty Groves Hooked On Salmon Fishing Charters
Views: 394   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 18, 2010 7:17pm
by Capt. Matty Grov...
Big Laker
Bud Toomey caught this nice Lake Trout aboard the Misty Morning. Fish hit an LCI1 spoon from AJ’s Bait and Tackle at 20 feet on the rigger. Fish was 28” and about 8 pounds.
Views: 725   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 18, 2010 3:19pm
by Dick Baker
Perch on Squam
Does anyone have a fairly good spot on Squam for perch, either white or yellow. You can E-mail me directly if you don't want the entire list to know. Thanks Louis
Views: 493   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 18, 2010 9:46am
by John Sampson
Public Hearing on 2011 Fishing Rule Proposals on June 16, 2010
Public Hearing on 2011 Fishing Rule Proposals on June 16, 2010 Fishing Rules Notice …………………………………………………………………&#...
Views: 409   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 17, 2010 7:38pm
by Yankee Native
May 9th - 14th at Ame's Farm
Fished out of Ame's Farm with my best friend Col. Mike Burlage , from Dover. We had a super week! Monday was cold and we fished in a white capped cauldron between Rattlesnake and Diamond. Caught three nice salmon in between bouts of seasickness. Mike was kind eno...
Views: 627   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 17, 2010 4:31pm
by Dick Baker
Squam weekend report
I gave Friday report, 2 Bows, one was 5.25, other one about 3.5 did not weigh it, then the lake shut down. Extreme lake conditions over the weeekend, flat or 3 to 4 footers, made poor fishing overall. Thursday night one real nice Salmon, easy the biggest of the se...
Views: 430   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 17, 2010 12:51pm
by Cool Water
First 2010 Trip to Winni!
Hi Guys, Finally able to get away with 2 of my buds on "The Smokin Turtle" tomorrow early. Hope they're hitting! Give me a shout out on Channel 12 if you're lucky enough to get away from the J.O.B. and fish on Tues. Matt Glauser
Views: 389   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 17, 2010 12:11pm
by Smokin Turtle
w
W-Fat
Winni Trip
Daughter & I had a good 3 day trip. Spent some quality time before she goes to work for the summer. Fri. 2 bows 16.5" & 17.5" released. Sat. 2 bows 16" & a 20.5 sal. kept to eat. Then the wind did blow.. Sun no bites. Bows all came on flies 2 colors. Sal. on jigger...
Views: 445   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 17, 2010 11:37am
by John Sampson
b
B-Man
Spofford lake trip
Went to w-fats home lake spa-fud with mac and his bride.3rd boat there at 5 am.Lake is down about a foot.fished till 1030 and had a great day.25 rainbows caught and released off dornrigger,rod jigger and boards.Best fish if the day was brought up next to boat and my...
Views: 372   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 17, 2010 10:47am
by B-Man
d
DOC
LIFE IS GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Camp is opened with only one small water leak, boat is is the water, shake down cruise complete with no problems, and have started changing to all single siwash hooks from AJ. LET THE FUN BEGIN.....Doc
Views: 563   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 17, 2010 9:07am
by DOC
Anyone looking for a Fishing Partner tomorrow?
I know it's late but if anyone is looking for a partner for tomorrow, throw a message up, More then willing to help pay for gas. Thanks LOL Dave
Views: 354   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 16, 2010 6:48pm
by John Sampson
Fin Clip Data
Where can I get the most recent fin clip data?
Views: 365   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 16, 2010 6:14pm
by FISHOOK
Lake O report ?
We are all looking for a lake O report
Views: 360   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 16, 2010 10:37am
by Salty
please help
i have never posted here but am hoping someone here can help..i was fishing the channel in merideth wednesday evening after work..i did pretty well on the bows and met a few guys there from this forum site ..my problem is that i left my fishing gear bag there ..this...
Views: 781   Replies: 24
Last Post: May 16, 2010 9:03am
by finless
Sat. on Winni
Caught my usual 3 fish but instead of 2 salmon and a rainbow it was 2 salmon and a laker. Laker at 4 colors, white/red dot DB smelt w/ single siwash hook, 18" Both salmon orange/black dot Top Gun, 4.5 colors, both No clips=3 yr olds, 1st 21", the other only 18"...
Views: 567   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 16, 2010 1:09am
by Link
i
ilucas
pics
Pictures and videos of Joey and Forrest on the fish!
Views: 685   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 15, 2010 10:17am
by ilucas
Friday evening report
Just back from Germany and still jet-lagged, but fishing and turkey hunting when I can. Got turkey earlier in week and now focusing on fishing. This evening 1 hour before dark trolled home from Browns to east Bear. Caught one 16" rainbow and one 19" salmon both a...
Views: 438   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 14, 2010 10:30pm
by Hal Lyon
i
ilucas
thursday report
Brought my nephew Joey and the Outlaw a.k.a. Forry to winni today. Caught plenty of fish and kept 4. Hot lures were the oranange crush and a gump greenie glow. Fish were at 2-3 colors and 20- 30' on the riggers. Fish were healthy and as Dave said we caught 1 runt at...
Views: 558   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 14, 2010 9:01pm
by ilucas
Fishing
YAHOOOOOOOOO.Going fishing all weekend,winni on saterday,salty pond on sunday.polebreaker
Views: 502   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 14, 2010 6:46pm
by Dave P.
Squam Friday report
Thought we were going to hammer them today, 2 real nice Bows in the boat before 6:00, bang,bang. Then an LDR shortly after, then nothing the rest of the day, not a bite after 7:00, Quit at 1:00. Typical Squam, flat conditions killed us I think, we need some wind, may...
Views: 413   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 14, 2010 2:30pm
by John Sampson
Ahhhhhhhh Did they already put the new Salmon in Winni?
Was looking at another site earlier, and saw a photo of a Salmon that couldn't have been more then 5-6" long? Are they already putting the runts in the lake? Or could this be a naturally reproducing salmon? Just curious as I have never seen them that SMALL in winni?...
Views: 643   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 14, 2010 2:17pm
by John Sampson
WHAT DOES A MAILMAN DO ON HIS DAY OFF, HE GOES FOR A WALK
So what’s a fishing guide do on his day off? Goes fishing of course. Travis and I were talking last Friday afternoon about fishing that night on my boat as he did not have any charters, but it came up windy and we decided against it. So while running an errand...
Views: 650   Replies: 19
Last Post: May 13, 2010 9:37am
by Dan
r
Rikk
Squam
We fished saturday in the heavy rain 5lb & 6lb salmond & 2 4lb bows missed walter.
Views: 457   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 12, 2010 8:02pm
by Rikk
b
Brie
Fishing Winni from shore
Well, thought I would get up to Winni tomorrow as a birthday treat to myself but it has been a tough time financially so no $ for a charter and I have no boat. So can any of you great anglers here on this board give me a few suggestions on where this almost 59 y.o. w...
Views: 653   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 12, 2010 5:58pm
by John Sampson
w
W-Fat
Fri.-Sun.
W-Fat & Daughter will be on Winni, Fri. till Sun. Maybe kids mother if the horse does'nt need a bath. Channel 12 say Hi.
Views: 511   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 12, 2010 4:59pm
by Misty Mornin
Lake Ossipee
Has anyone fished this lake before? I am taking my 10yr old there this weekend visiting with family. Any suggestions for trout/salmon? Bait/spoons? Is there a bait shop in the area?
Views: 559   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 12, 2010 4:35pm
by Crawfish
Winnisquam
In the spirit of the two most recent new posts/threads, I am going to Winnisquam on Friday to troll the early morning hours. I would appreciate any pointers on general areas to target for salmon, lakers or rainbows. I've had success right in front of the river durin...
Views: 539   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 12, 2010 4:12pm
by pete
e
E Cupp
Newfound Lake
I am thinking about fishingNewfound Lake this weekendand have never been there. Any tips or pointers would be helpful. Has anyone fished there recently. Thanks in advance.
Views: 447   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 11, 2010 9:38pm
by Cap CL
r
Ryan
If anyone is looking for a cheap boat...
My old boat is for sale again on Craigslist. It looks like the guy I sold it to fixed it up a bit since I sold it to him. If you search my old posts on here you will find what I wrote about it. The boat was great to me; I only sold it because I bought the pont...
Views: 436   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 11, 2010 8:12pm
by Ryan
Sat / Sun Fishing Report
Fished Winni up North Sat afternoon and Sun morning with my buddy Pete aboard the TaleWalker. Boat was really rockin and rollin Sat and rain was no fun early Sun but the fish cooperated. Several nice salmon and lakers. Two salmon over 20" that looked like footballs...
Views: 539   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 11, 2010 5:24am
by triple D
Lake Ontario LOC Report
We wanted to fish Wednesday-Sunday for the LOC, but the winds had a different plan. We were fishing the western end of the lake around Wilson to the Niagra Bar. Wednesday, we fished 6 hrs, 1 for 3. Thursday, 10 hrs, 7 for 10. Friday, 10 hrs, 10 for 16. Saturday,...
Views: 469   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 10, 2010 2:08pm
by White Cap
Sunday Morning
Fishrod's boat produces again for Tinboat, Fishrod and me. Very, very windy conditions, so we stayed in Wolfeboro Bay. The salmon were biting off both the riggers and boards in the 15 to 20 foot range. One on a red/grey ghost and the others on hardware. Orange was th...
Views: 622   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 10, 2010 10:13am
by fishlessman
l
Link
Morons
I am breaking my own promise by chiming in here but I am sick of all this BS and bickering. We are allowed to keep 2 salmon per day by law. That should be enough for everyone, but no, we have people beating up other people for taking their kids fishing and keeping...
Views: 734   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 10, 2010 9:34am
by fishlessman
MAY BLIZZARD FISHING ON WINNI
Fishing partner was a no show so I kicked one of the kids out of bed and made him come with me to drive the boat while I set up.We put in in meridith,water was not to bad considering the gale force wind driven snow????There is just something wrong with fishing in may...
Views: 629   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 9, 2010 6:43pm
by Finaddiction (Da...
comercial cod anglers
looking for a comercial cod angler who might be looking for another line in the water ...i love fishing the mud and don't really eat alot of fish ..willing to throw 20 or 30 bucks in for fuel .its a win win as i see it thanks guys
Views: 290   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 9, 2010 2:23pm
by finless
Saturday Report
Fishrod said he had to get back on the horse, so Tinboat and I joined him, to fish the the south end of the lake. From the time we put the first line in the water, at about seven it was nearly, non- stop action, one very fat rainbow, a couple of small lakers and the...
Views: 631   Replies: 12
Last Post: May 9, 2010 1:55pm
by John Sampson
Lake Ontario will be spectacular this fall....Big fish!
There has been 2 fish weighed in at the 32 pound mark during the spring LOC Derby so far. These fish are very likely to have been over 40 pounds by the fall. Its been stated that this is a banner year for salmon size this spring and the results are on the LOC leader...
Views: 360   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 9, 2010 11:43am
by White Cap
Cod Fishing 05/07/10
Cod Fising 05/07/10 was good. Ended up with 40 Cod that were keepers. Fished 250 to 280 feet of water. Anyone interested in going give me a call 603-731-1804. Capt. Matty Groves Hooked On Salmon Fishing Charters
Views: 428   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 9, 2010 11:06am
by Bup & Gram
KIDS FISHING
My boat is never with out kids! and always Girls!! That is all I have and I love it. One thing about kids is they don't have wifes that won't let them go fishing. I believe My boat was part of that post, we run a lose ship and during a pass over the bait we were danc...
Views: 401   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 9, 2010 10:22am
by John Sampson
Sat report
Fished solo from 5-8 pm boated 2 19" salmon and lost another; 3 - 5 colors northwest of ship island. All on top gun.
Views: 394   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 8, 2010 9:07pm
by altonbayer
I miss the Guides reports
Trying to remember that this site exists because of a conscientious Winni salmon guide I have to tell you that I always loved the Guide's reports and videos. Winni professional guides might have been part of the overfishing problem BUT! they were the first to offer...
Views: 620   Replies: 15
Last Post: May 7, 2010 8:27pm
by LOL Dave
Fri fish report
Great day solo. Fished from 3 - 7pm. 4 Salmon, a short laker and a bass. One salmon was short- the other were healthy, fiesty 3 year olds. Caught in 30-50 FOW; 3 and 4 colors. Water was 48 deg avg. Top Gun and DB on the other rod. There were wind whipped 3 and 4...
Views: 444   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 7, 2010 10:31pm
by altonbayer
s
Salty
Thurs( fishing?) report
Took Fishrod and Steve from Wolfboro out for a nice fishing trip. Eight hours........not one hit! SKUNKED!!!! Next stop Lake O Salty
Views: 662   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 7, 2010 9:20pm
by Salty
j
JoeG
Charter Boys Getting Short End Of Stick
I find it rather unfortunate that the charter guys are not posting their numbers. I assume they were asked not to do this. What a shame. Advertising is the be all/end all of any business. This seems unfair and is giving a lot of anglers the message that it is the cha...
Views: 632   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 7, 2010 8:32pm
by LOL Dave
Proposed Rule Changes
The Public hearing for the proposed rule changes will be the evening of June 16th and the dead line for submitting written comments will be June 28th... Travis Williams
Views: 455   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 7, 2010 5:29pm
by The old fisherma...
l
Link
Saturday Winni Report
We put a few salmon in the boat a laker and a real nice bow. The salmon were split between 2 year olds and 3 year olds. The size difference in some of the fish was pretty amazing. The 2 year olds still seem barley legal. They were fiesty, but still pretty small 1...
Views: 637   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 7, 2010 4:02pm
by Cool Water
salmon stalker calling big john
hi john.i got your message today.im having problems with my cell phone?they ordered me a new one should have by 5 pm tonight.just waiting for fed ex to drop it off. ill be free for sat or sunday.turkey hunting on friday.when my phone gets in i'll give you a call..tha...
Views: 454   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 7, 2010 8:35am
by John Sampson
Boat for Sale
2001. 14' Lund Rebel,Console Exc Con, 25 hrs merc with trailer asking 5,000 more info call kevin 6034932282
Views: 328   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 6, 2010 5:11pm
by kevin hosier
w
W-Fat
Oh Well Sunapee
Got to the water bird chirpin early. By 6:30 1' waves 7:30 2'ers 8:30 3'ers, thats enough, & no bites. So went to get something to eat. Fished in the cooler for silver bullets for the rest of the day, after 8 hrs. I had my limit. The kids mother gets home, takes o...
Views: 630   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 6, 2010 11:37am
by Tankdriver
Champlain
My first coldwater trip on Champlain did not disapoint!! Only caught 1 salmon from 5:30-9:30. Then at 10:30 we found some warmer water and the fish. Went 10-13 on browns and salmon. Also caught a 28" Northern and a 27" Muskie, my first ever!! Off the water by 2:30...
Views: 603   Replies: 15
Last Post: May 6, 2010 11:10am
by Dave B.
17' Center Console For Sale
Great little boat! 17' Blue Fin, with 60hp Mercury Outboard. Comes on Galvinized trailer. All 1997 Model year. Asking $7000 obo. Call for more details. 603-520-0218 Located in Meredith NH
Views: 336   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 5, 2010 10:17pm
by Denis Finnerty
looking for a deep sea charter
does any one have a good charter they can recommend for cod and haddock? i saw fishrods post and they caught some nice fish.would love to get in to some of those fish?any help would be great.. thanks joe s..
Views: 494   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 5, 2010 12:53pm
by Dave P.
tandem trolling speeds
thinking of just going with tandem flies for a season, been getting some on my lake even when trolling slow with sewn smelt on the other rod. would like to improve my abilities with them, might have to just leave the spoons at home so as not to get tempted. what spee...
Views: 582   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 5, 2010 9:25am
by fishlessman
r
Ryan
Anyone been to Pittsburg?
We are headed north for the weekend to fish the Connecticut Lakes. Has anyone been up there or heard any reports? I will let you know how we do, coming back Monday. -Ryan
Views: 520   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 5, 2010 8:49am
by fishRman
Salmon/Trout Limit Questions
Can you take 2 legal length trout/salmon on Winnipesaukee regardless of their combined weight or is there a 5 pound or other max? From Oct.1 to Dec.31 on Winni. with open water can you fish for non trout/salmon species?
Last Post: May 4, 2010 4:00pm
by WinniTroller
r
Ryan
Lowrance 522c sonar question??
Ok, I offered some insight to someone else on here about their transducer on a pontoon boat. I should have kept my mouth shut because now mine is malfunctioning and i'm hoping someone can help before i call Lowrance. While trolling this weekend my sonar kept losi...
Views: 351   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 4, 2010 9:46am
by John Sampson
FINALLY, 2010 Shakedown cruise for "The Tubb"
Decided to head up to Richardson lake for the annual shakedown cruise. Water was flat as a mirror, but we did manage to catch a few salmon and a few brookies largest fish was only 16" no lunkers today, though somebody else the other boat we were with talked with some...
Views: 436   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 4, 2010 7:44am
by Throbbin Rods
Mon. on Winni
5:30-10am Broads, Diamond, Welch 2 flat line leadcores 1 Rainbow, 3.5 colors, chev chase moosa. gov.aiken only 14" but a bleeder so I kept it. 2 Salmon, both healthy & fiesty 17", 1st fish on white/red dot DB smelt while paying out first line at 5:30, smacked it...
Views: 593   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 3, 2010 8:52pm
by Winnittroller
Richardson
To not to Hijack LOL Dave's post,I'm heading to Richardson (South Arm)on Memorial Day for 3 solid days of fishing, and remote camping (by boat). My experience on Richardson is limited, does anyone have any suggestions? Davidrha (the other-other Dave)
Views: 362   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 3, 2010 8:11pm
by LOL Dave
s
Salty
Saturday fishing report
The "fearsome foursome" (Gray Ghost, Whitecap, and Bluefin fished with me on the Peggy "C" today. Three salmon, one rainbow, and about six misses. Rangely best lure. Gray Ghost lost a nice fat salmon behind the boat. Fish spit out a Rangley lure with single hook with...
Views: 725   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 3, 2010 7:55pm
by White Cap
a
Anrik1
"Tessie's" new motor
Its been a few weeks since I posted. In fact a long 3 weeks without fishing. My "new to me" eastern "tessie" needs a new motor. I had hoped to get through the season with the one she came with a 1999 Nissan 90 hP, but after 2 very disappointing voyages, stalling,bu...
Views: 430   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 3, 2010 11:28am
by fishRman
r
Ralph
Navonics Chip + Prop Question
Thanks in adavance for any and all answers/help.. Bought the Navonics Hot Maps Premium for my Lowrance HDS-5. The unit "sees" the card and I am able to select it but see no detail at all on the screen. Its like the card is blank(The screen isnt blank, just no deta...
Views: 346   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 3, 2010 11:16am
by fishRman
p
Popeye
Littleton Derby
Anyone know the derby dates for Lake Moore? (Littleton) Popeye
Views: 667   Replies: 13
Last Post: May 2, 2010 9:50pm
by LOL Dave
Reports from the charter boys?
How come the charter boys stopped posting there reports?
Views: 775   Replies: 17
Last Post: May 2, 2010 6:20pm
by Yankee Native
Boat For Sale
22 ft. Prosports center console with 150 hp. Mercury Saltwater Series with 384 hrs. on a dual axel trailer with brakes. One owner and all new in 2002. 98% fresh water use and always dry kept. Comes with bimini top, mooring cover, keel shield, kicker bracket,live well...
Views: 546   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 1, 2010 7:19pm
by Gray Ghost
Saltwater Fishing License
From AP NH cautioning saltwater anglers to register May 1, 2010 DURHAM, N.H. --New Hampshire's Fish and Game Department is cautioning saltwater anglers they may need to register under a new federal law before fishing for certain species. The federal law req...
Views: 305   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 1, 2010 11:48am
by Misty Mornin
b
B-Man
Nice Ride
Went with Mac to Lake O wed afternoon for a charter with Red Line.Drove out Wed ran into 5 inches of snow on searsburg mountain between willmington and bennington Vt got there and got licence and checked lake very rough.Got up Thurday am to 20 and 30 mph winds looked...
Views: 507   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 30, 2010 8:13pm
by John Sampson
Friday Fishing Report
Fished with Bluejacket on the Fishtale's maiden voyage of 2010. Most fish were caught on the surface with a few coming on 2 colors of lead. The fish on the right were old, thin and beat up. The salmon on the right was a bleeder and did not look like it was goin...
Views: 746   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 29, 2010 10:12pm
by flatfoot
m
MARKT
Weight ???
With all the threads going on Salmon I would like to ask another question? What is the preferred weight of each year class of fish? Maybe a biologist can answer this or someone has already asked the question?? What "should " Winni be able to produce?
Views: 589   Replies: 8
Last Post: Apr 29, 2010 9:21am
by Dave P.
Thursday On Winni
Fished Moult. Bay from 5:45-9:00am. 1 salmon, 17.5", on an AJ's orange/black dot top gun, 3 colors. The salmon was a bit skinny and had missing scales. 1 rainbow, on an AJ's firesmelt fly, 4 colors, he shook off as I was netting it (#@!&#) but was a bit bigger than t...
Views: 784   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 28, 2010 8:46pm
by WinniTroller
j
JoeG
Mills Falls Brookie
While I was busy having a big bow and two salmon jump and throw my fly at Mills falls the other day, a guy next to me caught a beautiful 17 inch brookie. Never heard of a brookie in Winni before.
Views: 736   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 27, 2010 9:22pm
by White Cap
Opening Day brook trout report
The girls and I hit Winni on Friday am for a couple salmon and a rainbow. Headed straight to camp in from there. Big Bonfire then up early Saturday for a well stocked brook trout adventure. We released many brookies on barbless flies and lures. Hornburge special and...
Views: 544   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 27, 2010 7:50am
by Finaddiction (Da...
fishfinder advice...
I posted this message on MyFishFinder and it was suggested to me to post it here as well because there were people on here with pontoon boats... Does anybody have any experience mounting a fishfinder transducer to a pontoon boat? I have a new fish finder to insta...
Views: 442   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 26, 2010 8:53pm
by stompa13i
s
Salty
Mon. fishing report.
What a beautiful day it turned out to be. "Easy Ed" and the other Russ Johnson (Salmonoid) fished with me on the Peggy "C". The surface temp was between 48 and 51 degrees. We caught, and released, four nice 3 yr. olds, two 2 yr. olds, a very sm. rainbow and a bass. A...
Views: 661   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 26, 2010 7:56pm
by The other Russ J...
b
B-Man
Sunday nubi report
Went with mac to nubi sunday am.A little tuff putting the Islander in and out [The Boat landing is BAD]But we managed.2 lakers one small and the other one about 23 inches and nice and fat, 2 small rainbows that already had scares on them,3 nice smallmouth bass and 1...
Views: 458   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 26, 2010 4:47pm
by B-Man
Should hooks be left in?
Here's an interesting article that I found while Googling. Cal Leave Hooks In Fish? Excerpt from Fall 1997 American Bass Association Bass News magazine by Ralph Mann and Steve Quinn -----------------------------------------------------------------------...
Views: 500   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 26, 2010 4:28pm
by John Sampson
Sat Fishing
Fished Sat with Salty and Blue Fin out of Center Harbor. The first set of releases were doubles bass then a long time for a nice rainbow on 2 colors with a Maynard Marvel. Washed a lot of lure and then came a laker and salmon on Magic Dot at 2 and 3 colors. Magic...
Views: 626   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 25, 2010 4:54pm
by Fishrod
Navionics Fish N Chip
Anyone have one? any feedback? Does it include lakes and other inland waters?
Views: 429   Replies: 8
Last Post: Apr 25, 2010 6:29am
by Fishegg
Are we seeing an unhealthy fishery????
today I went out solo and didn't start until almost 10 and was leaving by 1:45. 4 healthy salmon and one LDR. This is normally a slow time of day for me but these fish were fiesty. Previous trips have all produced just a little slow on numbers for water in these t...
Views: 791   Replies: 17
Last Post: Apr 24, 2010 9:45pm
by White Cap
w
W-Fat
Fri. on Winni
First trip to the lake this year. With 2 co-workers, the predator and RP408. Met the Tank Driver at the dock. Now I know why they call him the tank driver. He said he lost one that was so big it made him cuss. We fished- 4 hrs. 5 lines. 1 bow 16" 1 togue 18.5" (4 sa...
Last Post: Apr 24, 2010 8:12am
by John Sampson
New antenna
Just finished installing a new (8 ft) antenna mast on the TURD....for some odd reason the old one no longer functions.OK I admit it I broke it....they don't call me polebreaker for nothing.We were running the new etec across the broads in the ruff stuff the other day...
Views: 270   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 23, 2010 7:58pm
by Dave P.
r
Rich
Flashers and Flies
I would to thank you guys for all of the great info on this site. I'm going fishing on the big lake in the middle of May this year. Last year when I first started trolling I purchased 11" flashers without reseaching the flie thing. Should I purchase the 8" model to...
Views: 438   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 22, 2010 8:35pm
by Tom (from Michig...
Tues Fishing
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Fished with Fishrod and Blue Fin, launched from Center Harbor at 6 and landed the first fish of the day a few minutes later while setting up the rest of the spread on the Hex Green, 2 colors of lead....
Views: 720   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 22, 2010 4:00pm
by Gray Ghost
Fish and Game Commissioners meeting this Wednesday at Fish and Gme headquarters 11 Hazen Dr. Concord
Anyone able to attend this meeting should make a point to do so. Some issues that are very important to Big Lakes fishery may or may not come up, but we should be there to show our concern. Big John FROM: Glenn Normandeau, Executive Director SUBJECT: COMMIS...
Views: 305   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 22, 2010 8:01am
by John Sampson
Beginners Luck
Went out yesterday from 10:00 to 11:30. Had one on the line and lost it 50' from the boat. 10 minutes left of fishing time I caught a nice Salmon 19". New to the trolling thing off my pontoon boat. Have two rods with lead core line, down 1 1/2 colors. This is a...
Views: 602   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 21, 2010 10:02pm
by J Bigelow
Link to federal salt water fishing registry
You need to register to fish striper this year along with some other fish its free for now. Heres the link copy and paste. https://www.countmyfish.noaa.gov/register/home.jsp
Views: 225   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 21, 2010 8:28pm
by SeaSlayer
d
Don
Boat Wanted
Looking for an aluminum 17 foot or bigger, standup canvas fresh water boat, to $3500 Thanks, call 802-738-2206, or 802-436-1318 Don
Views: 394   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 21, 2010 4:50pm
by Don
j
JoeG
Lost a Biggie
Hook into a big fish across a sandy flat in 3 feet of water on tandem beaded Winni Smelt. Fish hit at 7:30 pm in light rain. Fought like a laker. Peeled off line and couldn't budge it. Lost it after 30 seconds. Oh well. After three hours and not a hit, I can't wait...
Views: 707   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 20, 2010 10:44pm
by JoeG
True confessions
I found an old e mail today from Fish and Game that said the stock size in 2009 was 20/pound. I also found other notes and data that confirms 20/lb, not 32/lb that we were told by someone recently. 2008 were 10/lb, not far off from 7.9 in 2007, but for some reason...
Views: 624   Replies: 8
Last Post: Apr 20, 2010 6:09pm
by finless
b
B-Man
Champ Report
Left Sat from Keene about 6 little rain not bad then when we got to Barre Vt WHITE out conditions ground covered and slush in road was thinking twice about trip.Got to lake a little rain no snow. 7 boats in front of us all from Canada.put top up and started heater no...
Views: 476   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 20, 2010 12:47pm
by Im'In
Squam report
Fished 4 lines (3 men) 6 hours.. 1 Salmon caught in 10' of water, a 5 year old female, 24", 3.5 pounds, full of old eggs. But she gave Russ Johnson a "hell of a fight" inspite of her body condition, sadly it was her last battle. Another friend caught a 26" mal...
Views: 567   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 20, 2010 12:42pm
by White Cap
j
JonW
Can we talk about hooks again?
In light of the discussion on single hooks I thought it would be nice to hear from any of you who have switched over from trebles. I did a couple of searches and found "Hooks" from June 21,2007 and "A Few Questions" from Oct 5, 2008. Sound like if we want to remov...
Views: 496   Replies: 11
Last Post: Apr 20, 2010 9:40am
by Tackleman
trolling board
8' Trac n Turn Trolling board for sale. Used 2-3 years but too old to carry this with riggers when I strip the boat down to take the kids tubing etc. $100 Bill Finn 603-398-6265
Views: 439   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 20, 2010 9:36am
by Throbbin Rods
Sun, Jeffries report
Mark (ImIn), and myself, went out with Cap't Thomas and a friend for his shakedown cruise. It was around 38 degrees when we left his slip after stocking his boat with necessary fishing essentials. Thomas immediately discovered that his GPS/ chartplotter was not worki...
Views: 519   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 19, 2010 9:54pm
by Im'In
Great day on the lake
Went 6 for 9 with 4 salmon and 2 lakers. All fish looked great and were caught on 2 colors of lead either behind boat or off boards. Only one short salmon which looked very healthy. Started out 34 degrees and warmed to 44 with sporadic showers. Water was 41 deg...
Views: 581   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 19, 2010 5:47pm
by Gray Ghost
Lowrance Mounting bracket
Does anyone have an old mounting bracket and knobs for Lowrance LMS 334, LMS 480, LMS 520 series. Maybe you have a unit that is NG and dont need the bracket, or you flush mounted it and still have the bracket?????? I bought a used unit on E bay, opened the box, no...
Views: 307   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 19, 2010 1:36pm
by Fishrod
Fishing Partner
Gonna fish at least one day during this week between tue. and fri. and don,t have a partner lined up. Winni.or Winnisquam. Cal P.
Views: 457   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 18, 2010 11:04pm
by Throbbin Rods
GREAT SUNDAY ON WINNI
WOW what a nice day....COLD......WET......CLOUDY....can you ask for anything better?We finally got the NASBOAT down to as low as 1.4 mph with a drift sock.Fishing was fast and crazzzey until 9 am.Lets just say it was a day to be proud of.4 of the salmon were over 18....
Views: 582   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 18, 2010 3:50pm
by ilucas
Saturday Fishing Report (Winni)
Today was definately a first for me, towing my boat to the lake stuck behind a SNOW plow. I also began to second guess my decision to hit the lake today but oh well the ball was in motion. I also had a newbie I had to introduce to spring fishing on the boat today, as...
Views: 476   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 17, 2010 9:01pm
by Cap CL
need some help
i need to get some parts for my big john down riggers can some one give me the adress to AJs thanks mike
Views: 445   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 17, 2010 6:51am
by hardwatergrampa
Off Topic
Decided to take a night for myself from student teaching last night and went to the local Fish & Game banquet up in Berlin with my Dad, Nephew, Daughter and sisters boyfriend. Every year they have a bunch of prizes they sell raffle tickets for including a sweet gun t...
Views: 377   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 16, 2010 10:12pm
by Yankee Native
C-HAWK 20 CENTER CONSOLE FOR SALE
98 C-HAWK 20' CENTER CONSOLE T-TOP New Canvas Enclosure; Rocket launcher rod holders Electronics Box 150 Evinrude Ocean Pro Trailer 6 flush gunwale rod holders Bench Storage Seating Keel Guard $10,500 located Burlington,VT
Views: 252   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 16, 2010 5:26pm
by popster
Paugus Bay Sports
Has any one been to Paugus Bay lately ??? I heard today that he sold out his business. Big John
Last Post: Apr 16, 2010 4:09pm
by Seaslayer
2010 Fin Clip chart, know what you are catching
I have the updated 2010 Fin Clip Chart but don't know how to copy it here or put a link here. Know what you are catching and log it to your creel report, critical info for F and G. You want to see lots of NC (3 year olds, no clip)and LV (2 year olds left ventri...
Views: 479   Replies: 16
Last Post: Apr 16, 2010 2:31pm
by John Sampson
j
jay d
calling joe g
Hello joe just wondering if you have gone up to Ossipee fishing yet I have only made it up opening weekend and only got the boat in the water for the shake down cruise and ended up working on the camp to get it into shape. was going to try to go up sunday if po...
Views: 266   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 16, 2010 9:30am
by jay d
l
Link
Winni Report
Fished Wednesday evening, Thursday morning and thursday afternoon/evening. I caught a few salmon and a laker between the three trips and even managed a good ole' skunking on thursday morning. The Laker had me confused for a bit, I thought it was going to be a bass....
Views: 509   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 15, 2010 10:51pm
by Link
late Posting - Fri Evening and Sat Meredith Report
Apologies for the tardy post - have enjoyed the info shared here. We fished Fri evening and Sat early am from Long Island. Tough in rain Friday, only fished two hours early Sat due to wind. Fri evening landed three salmon to 19" and two lakers to 5 lb - all on...
Views: 530   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 15, 2010 7:32pm
by Fishegg
Lake O, Sodus report
Mon & Tues, a buddy and I fished Sodus with arguably (I wouldn't) the best guide on Sodus, Brian Neal of Coho Motion Charters. Both days the weather was great, but conditions were not, as the lake started out flat, with very little stain due to the fact that the lake...
Views: 488   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 15, 2010 7:21pm
by JWC
Squam Lake
Thanks to some fishermen this morning, another fisherman was saved. If it was anyone from this site that was involved in the rescue, we want to thank you. Also, it is important to remember the water is still very cold. Again, thanks to the people that saved the Pl...
Views: 490   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 15, 2010 6:52pm
by FISH N FUN II
b
B-Man
Fishing this weekend and next week
Headed this weekend with Mac to Champlain and battle the weather and hopefully some salmon and browns.Not suppose to be that bad up there compared to here.Put the top up and bring the heater and it will be fine,we will find out.Headed next wed with wayne[Harrisville...
Views: 403   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 15, 2010 6:15pm
by John Sampson
Inline planers
Anyone using inlines? Like em,hate em any and all reviews welcome.BARRY
Views: 448   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 15, 2010 7:29am
by MikeF-NH
i
ilucas
4/14 fishing
Fished w/ Forry today on his pontoon boat. Fishing was slow, we ended up w 2 salmon and 2 lakers. Forry dropped a good one at the back of the boat....happens all the time...haha. Wind really kicked up around 10:30 and we never got another bite. The fish bel...
Views: 669   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 14, 2010 9:32pm
by ilucas
another Lake Trout question
Has anyone here ever tied on a 3 way swivel with one end having a short line with heavy weight pulling down, then tied off a 5 ft leader from the other end with live bait and trolled that kind of rig along the bottom here in Lake Winni ? if so, how were your results?
Views: 578   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 14, 2010 9:19pm
by Sculpin
Showing of "The Good Life" April 22nd at 7PM
NHGA will be sponsoring a showing of "The Good Life" by Gray Ghost Productions on April 22nd at 7PM, in Concord. This is Gray Ghost Production's third film in as many years. Advanced tickets can be obtain from the Red River Theater on line at http://www.redrivertheat...
Views: 442   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 14, 2010 3:29pm
by Cool Water
s
Steve
Big Jon Downrigger 4' tip up boom $80
Big Jon manual downrigger with 4' tip up boom. All aluminum. Has plenty of ss cable and cable terminator. No mounting base or rod holder. Just rigger $80 Call #496-4422
Views: 347   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 14, 2010 3:00pm
by Steve
w
W-Fat
Lake O
W-Fats first time to the real big lake. And it was everything I had heard it would be (WINDY & ROUGH). 4 day trip on the water 2 hrs Thurs, & 2 Hrs. Sat. One Togue 21" & a Coho 21". 2 broken props no loss of life. I new what to expect from Redneck rookies from Cla...
Last Post: Apr 14, 2010 7:40am
by Nemesis
l
Link
Shakedown
Shakedown cruise tomorrow!
Views: 326   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 13, 2010 11:46pm
by Link
b
brian
Salmon wrapped in kids bracelet
I was checking out the Winnipesaukee.com website and if you look in the new posts under weirdest fish, is a Salmon caught on Lake Winni with what appears to be a kids bracelet wrapped around the body. There are 3 or 4 pictures and is quite disturbing. Question: Sal...
Views: 422   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 13, 2010 11:28pm
by brian
b
Brie
new to salmon fishing
I've been trout fishing in streams for years and recently took up fly fishing but this April 1 was my first go at some salmon. I asked around a bit so learned a little bit about what to use and where to fish from shore in the lakes region as I don't have a boat. Over...
Views: 461   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 13, 2010 9:10pm
by Sculpin
weekend report
Sat. two LDR,s and one salmon 19 in. to the net. Sun. two salmon and one bow. All fat and healthy. Most caught on streamers, lead off boards. Spent booth days between Parker and Treasure Islands. Pretty choppy both days,especially in the p.m. Cal P.
Views: 482   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 13, 2010 7:46pm
by Yankee Native
m
Mike
Boat for sale
2007 17.5 Targa S/C made by tracker and trailer for sale less than 50 hrs on boat and engine 115 opti max with trolling plate fish finder up graded to Ray Marine set up for Scotty down riggers not included and rod holder in gunnels and all normal options that normall...
Views: 407   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 13, 2010 4:22pm
by Mike
Handheld GPS For sale
Garmin GPS 3, power cord for cigarette lighter, Manual and base for installation in your boat or whatever your needs might be. I no longer need this unit. this GPS saved my butt tons of times in the fog on the ocean,lake ontario and winni. great set up for some one t...
Views: 335   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 13, 2010 6:39am
by charlies charter...
c
Cap CL
Sunday Report
Started out of Meredith town docks a little before 6am, trolled from there to the weirs throwing every color I had from 5ft down to 25ft down without a hit. Left the weirs after a couple circles and trolled to the light house without a hit. Finally picked up a good...
Views: 571   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 12, 2010 8:33pm
by Salmon Seeker
Old fuel is burnt off!!!
Ran the Grady yesterday afternoon to burn most of the old fuel off. Pat Colby and I launched our boats from Shep Browns and ran to saunders bay around the witchs and down a little south from glendale and said hello to stan on Misty morning and we continued above welc...
Views: 498   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 12, 2010 7:25pm
by 'Still Fishin'
Weekend Fishing Report
Got out on the water both days this weekend. Friday night I had some great hospitality on Bear Island. Saturday morning we were up early and hit the water at 6 AM. By 7:00 the first salmon of the year hit the decks of my boat. It was a nice fat 17" fish very he...
Views: 606   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 12, 2010 11:25am
by John Sampson
c
Cap CL
To Carl aka Bag and sat. report
With a little work got that honda running great, makes my fishing experience a whole lot more enjoyable. Thanks again for responding to my post and helping out a fellow fisherman. Fished center harbor today, two hits and one salmon on a silver and black db smelt....
Views: 472   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 12, 2010 9:45am
by Bag
Sunday
Sunday I had the great fortune to be a guest aboard the Misty Morning with Stan Kelly. First off, Stan is a great guy and a class act. Secondly, what a boat!! The fish gods must have realized that I was aboard for there was not much action, but Stan and I were cha...
Views: 461   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 12, 2010 7:54am
by Throbbin Rods
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Free Forum powered by Bravenet