Replies
Last Post
pic 24" Male salmon last sunday 9-10-06
Here is a pic of my surprize at the end of the day last sunday. Charlie
Views: 339   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 13, 2006 9:38am
by Starfire
E MAIL ISSUES
HAVING SOME E MAIL ISSUES, ALLOT OF MY MAIL IS BEING KICKED BACK, MY WEB SITE HOST IS WORKING ON THE PROBLEM. IF ANYONE WANTS TO REACH ME FOR ANY REASON, SEND E MAIL TO SAMPSONBROTHERS@COMCAST.NET Thanks, John S.
Views: 286   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 13, 2006 7:00am
by John H Sampson
p
Popeye
Well Bethany
Did you get your 5 pounder??? Popeye
Views: 361   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 12, 2006 9:48pm
by Oldfisherman
Are you guys trying for them?
Wondering who is attempting to take lake trout by means of altering their salmon spreads, but still trolling. Not important what the tactic is just wondering if guys are saying "well, the salmon are slow so i will try for lakers?" or "i have 1 or 2 rods rigged for la...
Views: 324   Replies: 15
Last Post: Sep 12, 2006 3:08pm
by Eric H.
which fishfinder
was thinking of putting one in the back of the boat, what in your opinion is the better one for this type of fishing. im using a hummingbird right now which is ok, but doesnt show whats on the bottom well, and will never show the thermocline no matter what sensitivit...
Views: 312   Replies: 15
Last Post: Sep 12, 2006 12:19pm
by Eric H.
j
jeff
boat name? help
Just pickeds up my boat and need a name for it Im an electrician any thoughts I want to not copy anyone at least locally. thanks
Views: 321   Replies: 21
Last Post: Sep 12, 2006 6:04am
by John H Sampson
check out the beak
dad caught all the good fish this weekend, it was real difficult landing fish in the wind and chop sunday
Views: 460   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 11, 2006 10:00pm
by LOL Dave From up...
Fishing Report (Slow)
White Cap, his brother Kirk and I fished the Black Point and knew by 6:30 we were in trouble, took 1 laker 18” and left the area by 8 and went to Dia. and Snake, zero, trolled to Welch and Sandy, 1 salmon and laker after receiving Salty’s fishing pole ble...
Views: 290   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 11, 2006 9:16pm
by White Cap
f
Forry
I would like to start by saying that I am not a religious man by any means. I do how ever have respect for everyone who have thier beliefs, allthough I don't believe. I also was fortunate not to have lost love ones on this sorrowful event. I still would like to take...
Views: 297   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 11, 2006 7:57pm
by \\\\'Still F...
Views: 371   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 11, 2006 4:11pm
by brown_boat
Yeah, yeah... late report
Took my brother out Saturday morning. Fished from 5:30 til 9am, then had to go help a cousin. Best fish was a 3 pound laker... Had one decent salmon 2 1/2 pounds or so... a few runt salmon... several white perch... and one smallie (first smallie in quite a while)....
Views: 368   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 11, 2006 3:18pm
by slipknot
Squam and Winni reports
Just a quick report. Winni Saturday: with Popeye on his boat, 4 lines: Got all the lines in right on time, 2 lead core for me, 2 riggers for Popeye, all had fly's on. Had to wait a bit, maybe 15 minuets and the the rods started popping. Riggers had the hole s...
Views: 344   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 11, 2006 2:57pm
by Eric H.
t
Tom
Lowrance IFinder H20
I could use a little advice. I'm thinking about purchasing one of these units. I've heard that Winni is charted on the Navionics HotMaps Premium electronic chart. I actually live out in Michigan, but we trek out to the Lakes Region of NH once a summer. Normally we fi...
Views: 313   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 11, 2006 12:00pm
by Eric H.
sunday report.....Nice gift at the end of the day!!
Sunday was slow for most people on the lake today except for a few. Nutty fisherman picked up another 8 pound laker..Seems like whenever I am on the lake he pulls up a nice fish...Great job!!! I managed 3-rats between 40 and 52 Ft. 2-lakers in the 20 inch range [same...
Views: 318   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 11, 2006 9:06am
by Charlies Charter...
f
Forry
gasoline for boat motors
I would like to hear some input about the gas we use nowadays in our boats. I understand that todays gas has ethenol (spelling?) which I heard turns bad and can ruin our motors. I don't know any facts about this subject, however at the price we pay for our motors I a...
Views: 283   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 11, 2006 9:03am
by fishlessman
trolling courtesty on winni .
was fishing black ponit todaY NOT ALOT OF BOATS EARLY but picked up around 6:30 . was heading northeast upthe middle with a boat coming across on my port side (popeye's boat to be exact)who was fighting triples still moving east and not in control of his boat and for...
Views: 357   Replies: 12
Last Post: Sep 11, 2006 8:55am
by fishlessman
Where are all the fishin' reports?
I see like 2 reports and that's it, must have been a hundread people fishing this weekend, wha jy'all catch????????????????? any whoppers??? Who lost a huge one right behimd the boat????????
Views: 364   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 10, 2006 11:26pm
by Glen L Luna C
w
wayne
at least I can read the board!
Glad to hear people are doing well at the near end of the season. Im back to school so, fishin winni is out until spring. If Im lucky maybe I will do some ice fishing between semesters. I enjoy reading all of your reports as its the best Im gonna get until spring, go...
Views: 245   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 10, 2006 8:41pm
by wayne
j
jeff
just a thought
I went out for my shake down cruise today and by rattle snake today and was wondering how many guys from here were out trolling ? Maybe someone could design a small fish lake winni .com flag to put on the antennae or where ever so if things are slow or you need help...
Views: 290   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 10, 2006 8:10pm
by jeff
Advice/Opinions PLEASE
OK folks, Looks like I will be getting another 17-18 foot aluminum, walk-thru windshield, etc. boat. We usually just fish 4 lines. Need opinions on the following: Motor; 90-115; 2 stroke, 4 stroke, E-tech type/brand Downriggers x 2; Big John, Cannon, mod...
Views: 288   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 10, 2006 7:50pm
by jeff
Cool Water Crew
Had a great time fishing with Cool Water, Still Fishing and Kripple 2 today. No big ones today, just runts, shakers and rats but the best part is the friendship and commaraderie that comes with fishing with a great bunch of guys like you...It was great just getting o...
Views: 320   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 10, 2006 7:39pm
by LOL Dave From up...
What an "Awesome" Board this is!!!!!!! Thnks for the offer Forry!!!!!!!
Just wanted to let everyone know just how "Great" this board is, This afternoon i was sent an email by Forry Asking if i would be interested in fishing with him tomorrow on Squam, Unfortunatly while fixing the wife's front brakes this morning i got a little to close...
Views: 230   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 10, 2006 5:44pm
by John H Sampson
Going to Fish at the LOTG tomorrow AM
Looks like I will be out on Squam in the AM on my buddies dad's boat. Will anyone be out there? Sampson do you have any hot tips for me? Have you been fishing the flies like they have on winnie?
Views: 281   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 10, 2006 5:34pm
by John H Sampson
Moosehead report (much belated and overrated!)
Took me a while to recover my notes and compile some data and observations to contribute to the board. First, the presently nameless fishing vessel was deployed: Boat is an '04 Alumacraft Magnum 175cs equipped with a 90 HP Honda 4-stroke I got from a guy go...
Views: 395   Replies: 16
Last Post: Sep 9, 2006 8:39pm
by LOL Dave From up...
b
Bill
Where to Fish?
I keep reading about large numbers of salmon being caught but no one says where they are fishing. How are you guys doing out around Wolfboro? Is anybody fishing down around Merideth? I only have one day to fish and would like to make it one to remember. Usually I go...
Views: 291   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 9, 2006 5:47pm
by Bill
j
jim
silver lake
jim and dick on silver lake. Time 6pm boat in the water first fish 6.30 16.5 inch rainbow one for the boat.At 7 jim turn a nice 5 lbs lake trout 23 inch back in the lake for some one else. we caught many trout in 13 to 14 inch size. we caught 3 more keeper in the 1...
Views: 402   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 9, 2006 5:03pm
by w-fat
Planar board / mast question (Travis / Adrien / Slipknot?)
I'm already looking ahead to next year (tears, violins) and I want to install a planer board mast set up near the bow. I notice masts mounter on Travis' and Slipknots' boats in the "Showboats." Ideally, I'd like to go with a removable mast (for summer months when I...
Views: 216   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 9, 2006 3:48pm
by Eric H.
Psyched
It's been a while but I'm getting out on the pond Sunday with Captain Travis...Can't wait! Good luck this weekend everyone!
Views: 331   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 8, 2006 8:27pm
by Starfire
O.K. HERE IS THE SUNSET PIC!!!!!!! Ontario 2006
Sorry guys MSN Groups takes some time to upload!!! Charlies Charters [charlie]
Views: 247   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 8, 2006 6:25pm
by Charlies Charter...
Question for Popeye
Popeye - was checking out the pic of your boat on the "showboats" board (great suggestion iLucas) -- is that a big whip antenna there on the starboard side mounted just ahead of your console? If so how big is the antenna and how is that arrangement working out for y...
Views: 235   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 8, 2006 6:19pm
by Eric H.
Fishing tomorrow
Be on Winni tomorrow with Popeye (his boat) I'll be getting a long waited lesson from the famous Popeye, hope the bite is still as good as it's been ???? Going to fish all his secret spots. John S.
Views: 276   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 8, 2006 5:56pm
by Popeye
Bulletin
Attention all: (AJ, can you leave thos on as a sticky) The Mass Bass Federation State Championship is on Winni Saturday and Sunday, that's the guys with those fast boats, you know the ones. It will launch out of Ames Farm, boats will be going in from 5:00 AM(maybe...
Views: 294   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 8, 2006 5:25pm
by slipknot
vaca report/im a believer : flies
been up at winni all week started out okay tues 2 salmon one in the 5 lb range 5 lakers coolwater and copper orange smelt gun fished 10 hrs 2 lines.wed only got out from 5 to 7 pm 5 salmon 1 runt others from 17 to 23 inches all on copper orange smelt gun.thu fished 1...
Views: 224   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 8, 2006 4:17pm
by richfromsalem
newfound report
fished newfy last night with my wife we had a great night 13 lakers and 1 18" salmon that was a football salmon was on silver blue mooselock at 34' and all the lakers were on anything you put out at 34' going 2.5 to 2.8 gps alot of small lakers but did get 2 at 20" s...
Views: 214   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 8, 2006 2:52pm
by laker taker
w
w-fat
Vaca
Just returned from N-ME. Almost full week with wife at camp. R.R. plus fishing, native brookies were very willing. Fly rod & lite spinning. found one hole we hit a fish about every cast 6-8'' range. Found another spot 13-17" consistant. Hard fights and great fall col...
Views: 187   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 8, 2006 2:36pm
by w-fat
wacky board
Is it just me and my apple? I click on the message and all i get is a blank white page?? Fool around a couple of times and re-click and I get some info but not all. Anyone else in the same boat?
Views: 312   Replies: 12
Last Post: Sep 8, 2006 1:29pm
by Crawfish
s
Salty
RFP's fishing report
Cal Schroeder (White Cap) and Hugh Crawford (Crawfish) fished with me in the Fall outing of the RFP's. I'll give the report for our boat and hope the others will put in a report also. We boated 10 lakers and only 3 salmon. I guess they changed my name to LDR as I had...
Views: 328   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 8, 2006 1:00pm
by John H Sampson
Lake Ontario 2006 Charlies Charters report!!
We ended up with 8 for 12 as the water temp was real messed up took quite some time to find 50 degree water in 40 to 60 Ft after that the show was on. Other areas the temp was 42 degrees at 20' down to 80 and 100 Ft where temp rised to 44.5. still to cold!! The win...
Views: 256   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 8, 2006 10:31am
by John H Sampson
Chalies charters test pic before I post the complete package ontario 2006!!
Set up and ready to dump into Lake ontario 9/3/06
Views: 175   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 8, 2006 9:38am
by Charlies Charter...
db smelt lure's
Anyone know if anyone sells them around Nashua area ?
Views: 309   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 8, 2006 9:10am
by poleski
Lake reviews needed
I will be fishing the last week of Sept and could use some feedback on a couple locations. Pleasant Lake in New London. State record fish have come from there but I don't here much about it. How is this fishery? Stinson Lake. I know there are no salmon, but do t...
Views: 323   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 8, 2006 7:58am
by Popeye
p
Popeye
Fish pics
Another nice day on Squam in the LOTG's !!!!!
Views: 363   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 8, 2006 7:35am
by Popeye
b
BrianF
Slipknot look out...
You may see a crazy old bass/striper fisherman up on Winni Saturday launching out of CH. He will be trolling lots of leadcore and using extra sharp hooks... :) Hope to see you up there if you will be out and about. No radio for me (yet) but you have my cell. If br...
Views: 276   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 7, 2006 10:24pm
by BrianF
Mother Sunapee / tactics 02
fished the good lake tonight (for a change ) been getting lakers lately , thought we would try old tactics . fished bait over blades at 1.0 mph in the right spots - put a leadcore/fly out 3 colors for kicks , wound up with a 5.2 lb salmon in the net on the fly WT...
Views: 226   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 7, 2006 8:36pm
by Rick@bbw
Nice article
IF YOU CAN GET A COPY OF THE WIERS TIMES, August 31st ISSUE, THERE IS A GREAT ARTICLE (OR INTRODUCTION) BY HAL LYON ON JASON PARENT, FOLLOWED BY A ARTICLE BY JASON HIMSELF, GOOD READING. ONLY ONE GLITCH, IT SAYS DB SMELTS CAN BE BOUGHT AT AJ'S, I'M SURE HAL OR WH...
Views: 325   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 7, 2006 6:15pm
by John H Sampson
Need some Help!!!!!!!!!!!
Another angler up here in my home town is looking for a lower end for a 1991 Tohatsu 70 hp outboard motor, or from what he's been told the lower end from a tohatsu 90Hp will also fit, if anyone has any info or knows where this could be found could you leave me either...
Views: 237   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 7, 2006 6:10pm
by John H Sampson
slow bite this morning but....
then it picked up like crazy mid-day and we boated 33 fish, 24 salmon and 9 lakers. WOOOHOOO (as slipknot would say) Fished with Mark Wheeler and his 2 boys Oliver and Aiden. It was a super nice day and they are some great guys it was my pleasure to host them on m...
Views: 345   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 7, 2006 6:00pm
by Chaotic fishing
j
jeff
boat set up ?
whats the best way to set up a boat already have a gps fishfinder and vhf radio 2 manual downriggers some decent rods but any tips on set up and placement of gear on boat? want to work on boat to be fully ready by spring .any tips you guys have done you like or dont...
Views: 283   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 7, 2006 5:35pm
by slipknot
s
Salty
Wednesday fishing
Yo is a hard act to follow. Had Big Dan and Marcel aboard today. Boated 5 salmon 8 lakers and a rainbow. Biggest Salmon was pushing 5#, (landed by Marcel) Lakers averaged 21". I donkeyed the best Salmon of the day. A very long distance release that I won't talk about...
Views: 338   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 7, 2006 11:32am
by Eric H.
An idea that was sent to me, if you a Christmas believer, which I am, follow up on this one.
Sorry to send this to the message board, I don't normally believe in that stuff, but I do believe in Christmas and Christmas trees. John S. Send the ACLU a CHRISTMAS CARD this year. As they are working so very hard to get rid of the CHRISTMAS part of this ho...
Views: 183   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 7, 2006 11:20am
by John H Sampson
Flashback to when I got hooked
In learning how to post pics to the board over the long weekend (thanks Slipknot), I got to digging through some "old" photos. It made me realize that as recently as July 2004 I was focused on BASS fishing in Winni. Go figure. At first, I caught nothing (prior to...
Views: 400   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 6, 2006 11:20pm
by LOL Dave From up...
Belated pics
"Please note the bent elbows, LOL, this was a big fish, 2 oz shy of 6 pounds". She measured over 6 once on my scale and I was sure she was well over 6 pounds when we netted her, but the scale don't lie, she's still a 5+ pounder.. Looking for a bigger one before t...
Views: 325   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 6, 2006 10:02pm
by BrianF
fishing...
Had a very busy weekend aboard the Cool Water with Charter's Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Friday had a great day (already posted) 30 fish day, Saturday evening short trip bad news very, very windy and only boated a couple small fish lost a few others (we cal...
Views: 341   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 6, 2006 8:03pm
by slipknot
j
jeff
new boat
I finally did put down deposit on a new 21 foot walk around sea boss finally wont get wet as bad! Any thoughts on a name im an electrician by trade? Any tips on setting it up ?I already have a fishfinder gps and vhf as well as 2 downriggers ? placement of antennas?...
Views: 351   Replies: 10
Last Post: Sep 6, 2006 4:12pm
by jeff
Woohoo...
My cousin and two friends are out to visit from Indiana... mostly for bear hunting, but I talked them into a day of fishing. (After today they already decided we're going again in the morning!) We landed the biggest fish to come on my boat this year, today. 24" long...
Views: 387   Replies: 10
Last Post: Sep 6, 2006 9:31am
by LOL Dave From up...
Long weekends are toughhhhhhhhhh.
Just got home from "up north", Great weekend. No time to catch up with the message board, etc. right now (hate it when I'm gone 4/5 days) have about 50 people showing up in a 1/2 hour. Full report with a couple of photos tomorrow, short blip below.. Fished Squam...
Views: 311   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 6, 2006 6:46am
by John H Sampson
Squam and Winni reports
Friday Squam: 4 lines (6:00 to 12:30) 7:00 Rainbow 18" lead core, 6 colors, fly. 7:20 Salmon 5lb/14oz 24.5" lead core 7 colors, fly. 7:40 Rainbow 20" lead core, 6 colors, fly. 8:40 Rainbow 18", rigger 36' fly 9:30 Runt rigger 36', Yellow/Orange Smelt Gun 9:40...
Views: 330   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 6, 2006 6:45am
by John H Sampson
planar boards question
I have Big Jon otter boards and only used a few times so far. Should I be using them with lead core/leader/streamer or can I run the setup with an inline dodger also an still get the correct action with the dodger ? Also am I best to use lead core with the planar...
Views: 323   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 5, 2006 9:58pm
by LOL Dave From up...
Round 3 with the Kings
Lena and I fished Lake Ontario again this weekend, our last weekend for this year. Friday was very good, Saturday we only fished 1/2 a day because of the wind. Sunday the rain, wind, and heavy fog came in, made it difficult. Monday we only fished till 10:00 am, again...
Views: 266   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 5, 2006 9:56pm
by Popeye
p
Popeye
Laconia JV Football
Kids playing against Laconia's JVs Tuesday in Laconia. Any board people got kids playing? Popeye
Views: 261   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 5, 2006 9:53pm
by Popeye
j
JoeG
Leadcore Setups
Any deals on any leadcore setups out there? I fish flyrods with big Medalists and I'm getting tired.
Views: 276   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 5, 2006 9:46pm
by LOL Dave From up...
s
salmo
"Hooked by Salmon, Unhooked by Angler"
Getting hooked is something that if you fish long enough, will happen. I have a link to a site from the American Academy of Family Physicians (link at bottom of the post)that details different fishhook removal techniques. Most of these require "numbing" except for...
Views: 336   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 5, 2006 7:53am
by John H Sampson
Definitely a picture to share...
Wayne sent me some pics of his vacation fishing on Winni. This one here is definitely worth sharing. Just gotta love seeing dad and daughter together like this! Awesome. Alaina and Wayne with their over 3 1/2 pounder...
Views: 380   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 4, 2006 5:13pm
by forry
Sunday afternoon another one hooked
Fished sunday afternoon from 3pm to 6 pm. Which wasn't the best weather of the weekend but was the only time we had to fish, We ended up with 8 fish 5 salmon and 3 lakers, all petty decent fish with only one short. Between rainshowers I decide to change out some...
Views: 296   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 4, 2006 11:12am
by White Cap
FLIES,FLIES,AND MORE FLIES
Wow is fishing turned on 2 weeks ago was going to be my last trip out but was invited out twice more this past week.Single hook flies are producing at least 3 to 1 over hardware.Early morning red,white,copper combo along with purple,red pink,black purple,orange any o...
Views: 370   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 4, 2006 4:43am
by slipknot
b
BrianF
Conway Lake Vacation Trip Report
OK, I am super late at posting this but here it goes. Spent August 19-26 up there on the lake with the family. We all caught plenty fish and had even more fun. Very relaxing and enjoyable week with the fam. Boat traffic was not that bad and overall my 1st trip to...
Views: 300   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 3, 2006 3:19pm
by ilucas
My 2 Amigo's went on Winni Again, Sounded Like a Slaughter!!!!!!!!!!!!
My 2 Amigo buddies went fishing on the Sampson Barge again today on Winni, (I couldn't go had Babysitting duty LOL) From what i got on the phone it sounded like a Slaughter!!!!!!!!!! I'll let Big John or Slipknot give the details but needless to say I think the Samps...
Views: 292   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 3, 2006 3:18pm
by slipknot
Forage Fish In Winni.
Check out the Aug.28 fishng report. On the fish and game web site.www.wildlife.state.n.h.u.s. They just did a check of the forage base in winni. And it look like another banner year.
Views: 426   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 3, 2006 11:55am
by Triple D
s
Salty
Sat. fishing report "Hooked by Salmon"
Little breezy out there this am. Fished with White Cap and Bluefin. Early bite was fast. Started with triples and followed it with quads. The bite slowed down for us about 8 or so. Boated 10 salmon, 6 lakers, a rainbow, and a white perch. Had 3 long distance releases...
Views: 372   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 2, 2006 10:51pm
by LOL Dave From up...
salmon pie with tomato dill sauce
i hope nobody objects to me posting recipes here,the two things i like to do the most are fishing and bbqing and sometimes i get to mix the two. this was pretty easy, found it doing a google search for salmon pie,All Recipes. com, most had potatoes and ive never lik...
Views: 275   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 2, 2006 10:37pm
by wayne
Please Read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In case most of you missed it, last week sometime (Don't remember the exact day) there was an article about Fish & Game running out of money for Search and Rescue, and that possibly they would have to raise license fee's etc. to get some of this money back. Our loca...
Views: 360   Replies: 8
Last Post: Sep 2, 2006 10:32pm
by wayne
Thanks AJ & Sat am
A big thanks to AJ once again. The flies and tips we got from you yesterday paid off this morning. We caught 20 fish, kept two 3# for the grill and had a blast. VERY busy for a while and the wind made it interesting. Probably the best day we have had on Winni and for...
Views: 285   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 2, 2006 7:47pm
by Chaotic fishing
i m pooped!!!
Boated 56+ salmon and trout friday! more details and pics to come, now it's out to the cornfield and open the stores! The pics are GUUUD!!
Views: 393   Replies: 10
Last Post: Sep 2, 2006 7:10pm
by richfromsalem
September Sale
Good Morning Everyone, Seems like everyone for the most part has had a pretty good fishing season. With the season winding down on Sept 30th we are having our largest Sale ever. We have all of our fishing equipment, rods, reels, line, lures, fish finders, fly fi...
Views: 351   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 2, 2006 5:12pm
by Paugus Bay Sport...
question for salty
I read all your reports and ive noticed youve been catching the majority of your fish on flies.my question is are you using any tandem flies or all singles? all i have are tandems ive got 2 weeks starting monday in a cottage on the lake should i get some single/small...
Views: 252   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 2, 2006 11:10am
by Eric H.
Friday Fishing
Fished Friday morning on Crystal Lake in Enfield with Old Man River. Rainbows were chasing bait fish to the surface and hammering them, all around the boat! We just drifted through the action several times, only boated 1 fish but lots of fun watching these good siz...
Views: 278   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 2, 2006 9:03am
by Throbbin Rods
Great Day...
Had a great day on the Pond today boating around 30 fish. Lots of nice big fat Salmon 3-5# range... Whooo hooo!!! Cool Water
Views: 321   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 1, 2006 7:11pm
by Salty
leaving for ontario for the king of salmon
Leaving for lake ontairio this saturday 9-2-06 and returning on thursday 9-7-06. Hope to have some good info to share when I return. Also sounds like I will be dealing with the remains of ernesto. Anyhow I will be carefull. See ya Charlies charters ontario di...
Views: 264   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 1, 2006 12:48pm
by Gray Ghost
s
Salty
Thurs. Fishing Report.
My brother John and his wife Linda paid us a visit, and we spent the am. on the "Peggy C". Got a little windy out there but me managed to catch 6 salmon and 12 lakers. One runt salmon and 2 runt lakers but the rest were quality fish. The salmon averaged about 20" and...
Views: 324   Replies: 10
Last Post: Sep 1, 2006 11:24am
by Salty
Of Mice, Salmon & whitefish?
My girlfriend said "Honey, don't you always say we should run the old gas out of the boat tank before you store her for the winter? And you know, we really NEED one last trip up to the lake." (Boys, you gotta love a woman like that!) So, "the Tank" had her last voyag...
Views: 341   Replies: 17
Last Post: Sep 1, 2006 11:08am
by Fishmonger
PHOTO TEST
http://www.winnipesaukee.com/photopost/data/507/medium/best_lures.JPG
Views: 336   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 31, 2006 11:17pm
by LOL Dave From up...
guess im not a local
born and raised in nh, moved to mass to live in a camp stocked with salmon bows and browns, and have a camp in maine. seemed much better than buying a big house, but now i have mass plates on the truck.guess that doesnt look good, got a mention in the kittery trading...
Views: 347   Replies: 17
Last Post: Aug 31, 2006 11:16pm
by LOL Dave From up...
Posting Pictures... a how-to...
Since Adrien is getting old and needs to get his beauty sleep (just kidding Adrien, you're purty just the way you are) I'll try to explain it the way I was taught a while back. Thanks to my brother for finally setting me straight. First you need to find an online...
Views: 498   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 31, 2006 9:47pm
by Eric H.
j
Joe C
Fri AM
Ill be out tomorrow takin my friend his little brothers and my mom (a first) out fishing...you can reach us on ch 12.we will need all the help we can get Joe C
Views: 264   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 31, 2006 9:44pm
by Joe C
f
Forry
fishing tommorow
anyone looking for a fishing partner for tommorow besides me? If anyone wants to go with me on my boat let me know.
Views: 220   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 31, 2006 8:44pm
by slipknot
RFP on the move Lake Ontario
White Cap and I went for a 5 day fishing trip on Ontario, Mexico Bay, which lasted 1 and ¼ days on the water, White Cap’s first trip out there. Trip cut short because of high seas. For our effort 11 fish. Fished Monday evening for 3 hours, 3 kings; 18,...
Views: 260   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 31, 2006 7:48pm
by White Cap
urgent - please help
I just got laid off at my job - anyone know of someone looking for a Purchasing person with tons of experience? I also have IT experience as well as managing several different functional groups in manufacturing companies. Mean time I am available for temp work or a...
Views: 310   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 31, 2006 7:21pm
by Starfire now "d...
Looking for a boat again
Just an update since the accident. Have not fished the last 2 weekends. Settled with the insurance co. and got a new vehicle. Found out today that the other insurance company has totalled the boat. The salvage company is picking it up tomorrow. Soooooo, I'm in the m...
Views: 333   Replies: 12
Last Post: Aug 31, 2006 5:20pm
by j demike
Available
Based on the veents of the 24 hours, I would be considered temporarily retired. If any of the RFP are heading out in the next few days and needs a co pilot give me a yell Later Throbbin Rods
Views: 321   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 31, 2006 2:14pm
by John H Sampson
Fish Quality
Just a little comparison of the winni salmon from a couple years ago to now. Things sure do look good now compared to then. When will the bubble burst on these fish?, i don't know, but it sure looks good right now. Here is what the salmon of summer '04 looked like...
Views: 326   Replies: 12
Last Post: Aug 31, 2006 11:44am
by fishlessman
Wednesday Charter Report
Fished with the boys from New Jersay today. This was their first time on a private charter and for salmon all together, We quit at 9:30 and had only caught 1 fish before 6:30 so the action was pretty fast for 3 hours. They boated 22 fish, 18 salmon, 3 lakers, and 1...
Views: 307   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 31, 2006 5:25am
by Charlies Charter...
Aug. 30 06-4:15 PM
Took a friend fishing this AM.Starting at 6:05 we landed 3 lakers 3 salmon [all keepers],1 runt salmon, had 2 LDR's. Quit at 9:30.All keepers were caught on leadcore on flies.Best flies early were Alan Nutes red & white Salty Special And after sun came up Alan's yell...
Views: 267   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 30, 2006 9:41pm
by slipknot
Tuesday Charter Report
Fished yesterday Tuesday and had a descent day boating around 18 fish with a couple of nice fat 3# fish. Had a tough time in the morning catching nothing but Rats. Made a move and just before we were going to call it quits got into a few nice fish (double 3#'s)....
Views: 321   Replies: 9
Last Post: Aug 30, 2006 7:44pm
by ilucas
Fish Hawk Temp. Probe
I have a Fish Hawk, I'm looking to get a Cannon temp probe or the depth raider. Anyone have the pro's and con's about them. Bill
Views: 270   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 30, 2006 6:04pm
by Gray Ghost
j
Joe C
Travis
Trav...me and the demikes were wondering if you had anything available for friday (am or pm). You can reach me at 781-521-4455 or yould reach john at 603-253-7462 thanks Joe
Views: 216   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 30, 2006 5:13pm
by Joe C
s
Salty
Mon. AM fishing on Winni
Had the pleasure of having master angler Alan Nute aboard along with RFP Blue Fin (Jack McGinnis another great angler). We landed 18 salmon, 9 lakers, 2 rainbows, and 2 big white perch. Jack and Alan had doubles catching 2 4+# salmon. The early bite was fantastic and...
Views: 342   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 30, 2006 3:09pm
by Eric H.
Moosehead report (coming soon)
Got back late this past Sat eve after spending 2 weeks up on Moosehead. (No internet, cell phone or TV for two weeks too). On the way home I ran into truck problems on the last leg of the trip...I84 in Connecticut is the road from hell. It turned out I blew a pist...
Views: 247   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 30, 2006 10:59am
by Eric H .
Tuesday Am fishing
Fished this morning with salmoneer. Action was not as fast for us as it was last week. Frist fish came at about 6:45 a nice fat 18" salmon that hit a NH guide topgun on 6 colors of lead, than nothing until almost 8 oclock and they started hitting we ended up with...
Views: 307   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 29, 2006 11:36pm
by Glen L Luna C
i
ilucas
? for slipnot
hey slipnot, i noticed you had your multi set rod holders on gimbal mounts, i got mine today and was putting them on the base plate with just hex screws, no lock washers. do yours ever loosen up where the pedastal mounts to the gimbal plate? did you use lock tite...
Views: 250   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 29, 2006 8:03pm
by ilucas
Round 2 with the Kings
Spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning on Ontario again. We had a blast again, Lena and I boated 25 kings this trip. The best was 30.9 lbs just like Popeye, caught mind on Friday morning. The wire was very good out about 300-350 in 100-130 FOW. The Hammer fly was...
Views: 302   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 29, 2006 6:18pm
by WoodNWater Rolan...
Travis - Cool Water
Hello Travis, I'm a friend of Brad (Nemesis). He suggested I contact you regarding ATVs. I am in the market for a used one. Where is the best place and time to contact you? You can email the information to me at straboat@aol.com. Thanks! Joe
Views: 275   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 29, 2006 4:42pm
by John H Sampson
j
JoeG
Pontoon Trailors
I'm looking for a used pontoon trailor. I was told a "Scissor Trailor" is the type to look for. Any suggestions as to where I may find one? I have a 21' Ercoa Pontoon 2004. Thanks Joe G.
Views: 269   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 29, 2006 3:20pm
by John H Sampson
Best day and worse day fishing ever, talk about memories we can laugh about later..Red on my friends
I’ll try and keep it short as possible, but so much happened it might be difficult. This is a long story, I thought we had agreed to keep all this to ourselves, but as Slipknot, Salty and Big Dave all gave some hints I’ll have to fill in the gaps and show...
Views: 291   Replies: 11
Last Post: Aug 29, 2006 12:20pm
by Throbbin Rods
7 pounder
weighed 6.97 pounds, so close. 25 inches long. my best landlock ever. caught about 20-25 feet deep off the planer board on an orange mooselook wobbler at high noon sunday. wonder how many were laughing at the guy fishing in a lobster boat with planers this time of ye...
Views: 397   Replies: 18
Last Post: Aug 29, 2006 12:03pm
by LOL Dave From up...
Big John Downriggers special
Good buy on Electric Big John downriggers (with a name like that i should have them) just cut and paste the link (big but works) and paste it above in the address box, hit "Go". Seems like a good price to me, 269.00 with free swivel mount. http://www.fishusa.co...
Views: 298   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 29, 2006 11:54am
by fishlessman
b
BioMoe
Sat Report
Fished from 5:45 to 2:30. Worked hard for the "one". Started between Diamond and the Snake trolled to Welch and Sandy then moved to Black Point. 9 fish total. 7 Rats, 1 decent Smallie, and 1 21.5" Salmon that weighed 3lbs 10 oz. (Great fight) All but one fish...
Views: 280   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 29, 2006 9:32am
by BioMoe
p
Popeye
Ontario Report
Well we made it back in one piece. Had a couple rough days on the pond with 6-8's, but we did all right. Started off Wed. morning at 525 when I put my line down and told John he could set up. Before he could grab his rod I was into a burner that ripped off 400' befo...
Views: 226   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 29, 2006 8:25am
by John H Sampson
Sunday Winni report
Sunday August 28th: Started setting up at 6:00, had a few problems getting to the Lake, LOL. Set up 6 lines, 5 with fly's, 1 spoon, 4 lead core, 2 off the boards, 2 riggers. All fish caught on 6 to 8 colores and 32' to 42' off riggers. Fishin partners, Craig Bu...
Views: 352   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 29, 2006 7:57am
by John H Sampson
m
magma
Honda Trolling motors
Did Honda start making the "old" "clasic" 8.0 H.P. trolling motor again in 2006 along with the new 8.0 H.P.?
Views: 313   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 29, 2006 12:06am
by magma
Attn: Cool Water!!!!!!!!!!
Hey Trav, When i talked to you on the Radio yesterday you told me to give you a call, Lost your number somehow, (Actually dropped my cell phone and lost all my numbers UGHHHHHHHHHHH) could you post your number or email me Thanks Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines LO...
Views: 259   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 28, 2006 7:35pm
by ilucas
I had to post this, I needed a good laugh and someone sent me this last night.
Dear Mom & Dad, Our Scoutmaster told us to write to our parents in case you saw the flood on TV and are worried. We are okay. Only one of our tents and two sleeping bags got washed away. Luckily, none of us got drowned because we were all up on the mountain lookin...
Views: 262   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 28, 2006 3:15pm
by slipknot
s
Salty
ALERT!! ALERT!! ALERT!!
Be on the lookout for a 26' pontoon boat on Lake Winni!! The captain of this vessel (John H. Sampson) is no longer land locked on Squam. It would be advised to stay clear, either on the highway or the water. If followed from a safe distance, it may be to your advanta...
Views: 328   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 28, 2006 1:41pm
by John H Sampson
b
Bill
flies
When will the salmon be back up top? I troll with a full sinking line and did well in the spring.
Views: 260   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 28, 2006 10:56am
by fishlessman
fishing on Newfound
Fished Newfie today with Cody Dodds and his dad, John. Fishing was s-l-o-w. Good guys, new friends, and we will give it another go. Cody got 1 short laker (the only fish of the day) and made a hell of a tackle on one of my Mag 10's as it was going over the side -...
Views: 220   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 28, 2006 10:17am
by LOL Dave From up...
p
Popeye
Captian Sampson
John, phone had a brain fa-t and I lost you #. Call me. Popeye
Views: 216   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 28, 2006 8:59am
by Popeye
Kings 1st Round
Lena and I fished Oswego this Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. The fishing was tough Saturday and Sunday, Monday we did better. Sunday afternoon got rough 10' waves with many caps. We ended up with 14 fish in the boat, and missed another 8. This week Lena beat me with a...
Views: 270   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 28, 2006 8:56am
by John H Sampson
runt curse -
fished Sunapee last night for 45 minutes before the storms , boated 3 runts -45 down db's over blades. fished wed night 530-730 / 6 lines / 3 runts , 4 bass , 1 redeye , 2 lakers 10/17" . 30-45 down on everything . most of the good fish on pink/silver db. cannot...
Views: 252   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 28, 2006 8:50am
by John H Sampson
b
BUNKEE
Vacation on Sebago
Spent last week at Sebago, went out Monday eve got two Salmon both 19" and fat. Went out again Tuesday morning I got a small Salmon 15" and my brother caught a real nice 22" 4.24lb Salmon! Also caught a small Laker. Went out again on Thursday morning and got two smal...
Views: 197   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 28, 2006 7:53am
by BUNKEE
w
wayne
vacation report
Had no computer at the camp so this is a late post. I fished winni all week from sunday august 20th to sat august 26. Sunday evening I came up almost empty handed I trolled between welch and sandy and chatted with salmoneer and lunacy they were not doing much either...
Views: 271   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 27, 2006 10:58pm
by wayne
fished the ocean sat
went out to the northeast hump about 25 -30 miles with 1 to 2 foot seas and had a great day .we boated 50 to 60 cod and haddock , 3 pollock , 10 cusk ,1 a 12pounder and 20 dogfish sharks . we took home 6 haddock ,1 cod and 3 pollock .most of the cod were just under t...
Views: 264   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 27, 2006 10:07pm
by reel it in
The Sampson Party Barge
Learned one thing this morning... strippers like to fish. However, we could not coax her onto the dance platform we call a pontoon boat. Even after saying we'd turn the heater on!?! Oh well. Anyways... I'll let John tell the full story, but we managed 30 fish (rai...
Views: 262   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 27, 2006 7:25pm
by LOL Dave From up...
w
wayne
trolling flys
I have not trolled flys at all but after this weekend and hearing all the talk about there success I figured I will have to check it out. What amazes me is how many people just drag the flys along on lead and catch fish without any added action. Hey if it works then...
Views: 284   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 27, 2006 6:42pm
by slipknot
s
salmo
Sat am report
Fished from 545 to about 900am yest morning. One nice salmon (3lbs) and several lakers in the 3+lb size. Have been catching smaller lakers, but the larger ones seemed a lot more common yesterday than previously. The chatter on VHF channel 12 suggested that others...
Views: 256   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 27, 2006 11:40am
by FISH 'N FUN II
Fished This morning
Had a couple of hours today before heading home. Caught one runt then a nice 4 pound Salmon between 6 mile and bear island. 6 colors with a orange with black dots top gun. Smitty
Views: 183   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 27, 2006 8:45am
by Smitty1
i
ilucas
late wed report w/ pics
went fishing w/my 8 yr old son Lucas wed, he wanted to see the pics he took of the fish we caught on the message board. had a hard time trying to posts pics, Adrien bailed me out big time. thanks Adrien
Views: 343   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 26, 2006 7:14pm
by ilucas
Fishing tomorrow
Are we going tomorrow bill?
Views: 227   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 26, 2006 7:11pm
by Throbbin Rods
Had a fun day...
Unlike the Saltmeister... I had to work hard for my fish today!!! LOL It was me, my cousin Mike, my friend Josh and my new friend Wayne (from the board here)... We had lines in the water from like 5:30 until 1:30... boated 19 lakers and salmon, a white perch and a c...
Views: 230   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 26, 2006 6:56pm
by wayne
s
Salty
Friday fishing report. A GREAT DAY
I guess yesterday I didn't know what day it was as I put in a report for Fri. That's what happens when you are a RFP. (Retired fishing partner) Every day is alike. So here's the second Fri of this weeks report. Fished with Gray Ghost and Bluefin on the "Peggy C". Boa...
Views: 335   Replies: 12
Last Post: Aug 26, 2006 10:14am
by slipknot
f
forry
just trying to post, first time. my biggest salmon to date
salmon by forry caught on the Ilucas a couple of weeks ago. 21 1/2" around 3 1/2 LB. as I said before, notice the split tail.
Views: 305   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 25, 2006 11:24pm
by forry
t
tim
need advice on trolling plates
I'm looking for a new boat and want something I can both fish salmon out of, and take the wife & friends boating/swimming. I've found a couple dual-consoles with outboards and built-in rod holders. So, I have good access to the stern and downriggers are quick to in...
Views: 258   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 25, 2006 10:01pm
by tim
anyone going out to the ocean for some cod and haddock
will be leaving hampton harbor around 6 or 630 and going out 25 to 30 miles due east to the northeast hump .
Views: 204   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 25, 2006 7:59pm
by reel it in
Saturday Morning
Boat is all loaded and hooked up to the truck. Planning on being on the Pond at first light. Will monitor channel 12. Give us a shout if you are out there. Best of luck to all.
Views: 275   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 25, 2006 7:55pm
by Salmo
s
Salty
Fri fishing report "Peggy C" 26 Bald eagle 1
Had a great day fishing with White Cap Cal. Boated 14 salmon, 10 lakers, and 2 big white perch (which I shall devour this evening. This was our best day for large fish. Biggest was a 25" laker at 5#, 22" salmon at 4 1/4#, and 4 salmon at 3 1/2 to 3 3/4 #. The ave. l...
Views: 349   Replies: 11
Last Post: Aug 25, 2006 5:17pm
by Salty
question for everyone
say there are three types of sky conditions full sun partly sunny/cloudy and full clouds when you start out fishing what color would you put out first under each of these conditions? thanks in advance rich
Views: 282   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 25, 2006 4:38pm
by slipknot
d
Dan
tomorrow
Heading out tomorrow morning should be on the lake around 530am chan 12 Dan
Views: 249   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 24, 2006 7:05pm
by slipknot
s
Salty
Hey John H Sampson. Found the perfect boat for you.
Over in Glendale I saw a "Hot Rod" pontoon boat. 300hp, 60 mph. Only $48,000+. You could cover a lot of territory on that baby! Salty
Views: 294   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 24, 2006 5:28pm
by John H Sampson
The love of salmon at an early age
My 7-year old loves salmon as you can tell.
Views: 244   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 24, 2006 9:01am
by John H Sampson
Fish On Today!
Fished with 2 guys from Mass today, Jay and Matt. We had a GREAT DAY ON THE WATER!! We landed 29 salmon and trout from 5:30 - Noon. 8 FAT 3 year olds. a bunch of 2 year olds and some rats. Lakers up to 22.5 inches and a rainbow 15.5in. We Released all the fish we cou...
Views: 405   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 24, 2006 7:26am
by John H Sampson
leader question
ive used 6lb test about 14 ft but after catching even one fish the leader looks like hell its curly and kinked mainly right where the line hit the last guide.my question is should i use a shorter leader.has any one tried using spider wire instead of mono the smallest...
Views: 248   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 23, 2006 10:21pm
by richfromsalem
j
Jay D
thanks adrien & slipnot
had the pleasure today to fish with these guys and have to say the best fishing day I have ever had salmon fishing. have fished for salmon and trout since I was a kid and all the old timers have allways said the fishing is no good after May. Boy where they wrong. wou...
Views: 241   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 23, 2006 9:09pm
by YOAdrien
My Turn...
Everyone seems to be catching these big Lakers. My turn was yesterday 27" 8# Trout.... Sweet... CoolWater
Views: 295   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 23, 2006 8:19pm
by Rick@bbw
c
Chappy
Week on Winnisquam
Hello, My vacation is finally here. We will be on Winnisquam all next week. I have not fished this lake all that much. I also haven't seen many reports on this lake recently. With a 4 yr old and a 2 month old, I am not sure if when I get out, whether I will...
Views: 287   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 23, 2006 3:18pm
by slipknot
p
Popeye
How about a "Winni Fall Classic"
Ever thought of a simple one Travis/AJ ? I don't believe it cost that much from the state, but if you had a 1/2 dayer in the middle of September and had prizes it would be fun. Just another chance to see everyone. Have one weigh in, simple but fun.....??? Popeye
Views: 298   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 23, 2006 1:13pm
by BioMoe
m
Marty
14' aluminum for sale
8hp honda four stroke, older mirror craft (no leaks)ongalvy trailer.E-mail me for more details
Views: 180   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 23, 2006 12:54pm
by Marty
Has the Board Been Down ??
Have'nt seen any post. Has the board been down or is everyone just being quiet ?
Views: 223   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 23, 2006 11:19am
by Salty
Calling Cody Dodds
Cody Did you guys get into the rainbows last night? I am gonna sweeten the deal a bit - Buy the Islander at or near my price and I will throw in that 14 foot aluminum boat that is sitting on the ground in the yard. Depending on my schedule this coming weekend there...
Views: 266   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 22, 2006 8:47pm
by Cody Dodds
s
Salty
Tues am fishing report
Fished the south end and the early bite was not as good as the last outing. (Fished with Gray Ghost on my boat, and he came up to do some trouble shooting.) We ended up with 5 lakers and 7 salmon. Lakers averaged 21" with the largest at 4#. The two largest salmon wer...
Views: 279   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 22, 2006 6:59pm
by Salty
sunapee tails - -
fished the good lake mon am dark thirty , took a group of first timer flatlanders out . fished the hog the first hour - nothing - , moved to the middle basin -slow start found a huge pod of bait and did laps , a soon as the sun broke thru (briefly) things picked up...
Views: 239   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 21, 2006 9:18pm
by LOL Dave From up...
Fishing Monday and using what we have learned
Fished today with Salmoneer and my 2 brothers we boated 12 salmon and 9 lakers for a totel 21 fish all keepers and we missed a few others the salmon were all between 18 ans 23 inches two were over 4 puonds the lakers 18" to 22". Fished the west side of sandy island...
Views: 288   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 21, 2006 9:14pm
by Glen L Luna C
p
Popeye
"King Me"
Off for the big pond tommorrow, it's been like waiting for christmas!! Good luck here, see you all on the pond in September!! John, don't give up on those giants yet!! May the king and wind Gods be with us!! Good luck to all that are going, will be on 68/69, give u...
Views: 296   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 21, 2006 5:05pm
by Throbbin Rods
j
JoeG
John Who's Landlocked on Squam
John, I'll be up at Ossipee on Wed-Sun and want to fish Squam. Where do you suggest I put my boat in?. I've never fished it before. Any tips on where to troll? E-mail me if you'd like. Thanks. Joe G
Views: 313   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 21, 2006 4:27pm
by John H Sampson
BOAT FOR SALE
16 foot fiberglass boston whaler type fishing boat, with a 1989 40 horse evinrude (runs great). Humminbird Fishfinder, Minn-Kota foot peddal trolling motor. This boat is great! Works well for me but I want to go bigger for Winni! asking $2,100 -can email photos
Views: 294   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 21, 2006 2:35pm
by Cody Dodds
Views: 294   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 21, 2006 12:31pm
by Throbbin Rods
Sunday winni report
I will make it a short story....... 6-lakers NH guide,pumkinhead, Between 42' & 60' 4- Fat rats wonderbread, purple/gold smeltgun Between 38' & 47' 2-Decent salmon, 17" & 19" Between 38' & 50' Pumkinhead,red/white topgun. 1-WET PAIR OF FEET!!!!!...
Views: 348   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 21, 2006 9:26am
by poleski
w
wayne
leadcore leader length?
What are people using for length on their leader on the lead? Im using about 75 feet. I wondering though, when your out 8-10 colors if that extra length of leader rises back upwards some.
Views: 310   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 21, 2006 7:10am
by John H Sampson
p
Popeye
Sunapee
Did up a pre-Ontario milk run to Sunapee Saturday morning, 5am to 11am. 13 fish in the boat, dumped a few that I never saw. 21" salmon and 21"laker were the biggest. Popeye
Views: 257   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 20, 2006 7:43pm
by John H Sampson
s
Salty
Friday fishing with John H Salmonon (On Winni)
Had a fun day with John H on Winni. We were going to fish Squam but I new he was ready for a Winni fix as he's been so depressed about Squam. Guess he wasn't disappointed. Fished the Southern part of the lake and the early bite was great! Couldn't get the lines out...
Views: 310   Replies: 9
Last Post: Aug 20, 2006 7:04pm
by LOL Dave From up...
Streamer and dodger question
I will be trolling streamers. Do I want to use size 00 or size 000 dodger. How far behind the dodger do I want the streamer? How far will they flutter from side to side? I'm thinking of pimping them up with some red witch tape. If someone uses this method I'd ap...
Views: 319   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 20, 2006 3:19pm
by Gray Ghost
LOC LEADERBOARD
The first place salmon is 38.14 followed by a 36 pounder. Will we see a 40 pounder this year? No one from here on the leaderboard yet. Check it out www.loc.org Why cant that lake be closer? Brad
Views: 310   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 20, 2006 12:46pm
by Popeye
correct dodger rigging ?
I just confused myself - on dodgers - one end has just a round eye swivel & the other end has a round eye swevel with "cockscrew" connector..which end is the front (connecting to rod line) and which is the end I should connect the leader/streamer too ?? (brain cramp?)
Views: 317   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 20, 2006 12:09pm
by forry
Newfound Report
Fished from 7:30am till noon. Caught 5 lakers, 2 rainbows, and 2 salmons both weighing in at 4#'s each. One salmon caught on the DR using a TG orange/gold the other salmon on a topline using Jim's lure the pink/blk dots. All other fish caught on the TG orange/gold.
Views: 209   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 20, 2006 11:23am
by Salty
s
steve
for sale
brand new spoon caddy $10. various rods and reels fresh and salt water. Slipknot call me about your trim pieces for your boat. Steve #496-4422.
Views: 366   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 20, 2006 8:44am
by steve
s
salmo
Sat am fishing
Just a quick report on Sat am fishing. Got to take out a co-worker’s son who loves to fish but hasn’t had many opportunities to fish for salmon and trout on Winni. I think I helped to “set the hook” on his “fishing bug” yesterday...
Views: 342   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 20, 2006 6:52am
by ilucas
As if jet skis werent bad enough, check this out.
http://www.gibbstech.com/mediacentre/quadski_low.php Tavis, are you gonna be selling these things too?
Views: 417   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 19, 2006 11:49am
by Rainbow1
f
forry
show boats
I just wanted to say what a good looking fleet we have.the boats look great. hope to see more photos to follow. thanks AJ good job.
Views: 265   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 19, 2006 11:22am
by Charlies Charter...
Great Fishing!!
Took cousin out for the AM today, 6-12. Caught five nice fish, 17, 18, 19 and 23. Derby winner, DB Guide and Green eyed DB. He said he got more action then Kansas City, better hospiatality then the Royals showed the Redsox, thats for sure......
Views: 256   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 18, 2006 8:57pm
by Salmanoid
Nothing to do with fishing, but
I thought this was interesting... Bet the poor fella never thought this would happen!
Views: 233   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 18, 2006 8:49pm
by LOL Dave From up...
w
w-fat
Busted
Yay I got my boat back from the marina. It was the power pack (Brain). $510.50 ouch. But not bad considering its 10 years old with about 1500 hours on it and thats all I've had to do it. 70hp evinrude. Now for the busted part. One of my Best State highway...
Views: 305   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 18, 2006 8:25pm
by slipknot
Mereith madness
Just a reminder that today's Meredith Madness sale.AJ'S Bait and Tackle is 40% off most everything one day only 7am till 8pm.How is the time to restock your tackle boxes..
Views: 377   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 18, 2006 8:22pm
by slipknot
A Head's up A.J.
Hi A.J.,. Just wanted to let you know that you can't view the pictures on the Braggin board. Hope your getting some time on the water fishing!!!!!!!! Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Dave From up North
Views: 202   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 18, 2006 2:38pm
by LOL Dave From up...
Boat For Sale
1984 Chris Craft Scorpion 186. Set up for trolling with included Big Jon rigger (manual) and 2 rod holders. 205 hp I/O, deep V hull, Happy Troller plate gets it down to 1.5 mph , major tune this past spring at Lakeport Landing. Trailer included. Won't fit in my garag...
Views: 210   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 18, 2006 12:13pm
by Mark Wheeler
Gonna have withdrawls...
Well I'm headed north past Bar Harbor for about 10 days. The locals say the Stripers are around, not thick but around. If anyone can find them from shore I'm confident I can. Got a nice place right on the beach so the rods will be soaking I gaurentee you that.Got my...
Views: 286   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 18, 2006 8:15am
by LOL Dave From up...
w
wayne
hawkeye august issue
just read the august issue of hawkey. Ive got to say the article adrien wrote was awsome. That laker was awsome! I learned alot from that article and hope to try some of his recommendations while Im on vacation. Thanks Adrien!
Views: 271   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 17, 2006 9:21pm
by YOAdrien
No More Pop Ups Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pop Ups are gone on my end Thanks to whomever fixed the problem Boy those stupid things sure are annoying UGHHHHHHHH Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Dave From up North
Views: 195   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 17, 2006 8:08pm
by LOL Dave From up...
s
Salty
Thurs. Fishing report . Peggy C 23 Seagull 1
Fished with White Cap today. 15 Salmon, 5 Lakers, 2 rainbows and a big white perch. The rat patrol struck again. 1 18" salmon, 1 21" salmon and 13 RUNTS. &%%%)*@@@!!!!%&&_+@!!!!. Lakers were 20" , 2 19" and 2 16". rainbows were 15 1/2" and 14 3/4". The smaller rainbo...
Views: 350   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 17, 2006 6:07pm
by LOL Dave From up...
w
w-fat
Jims Rod Pumpers
Almost saved enough to buy a pumper, but all the ones I have seen the mounting bracket is on the side. Can I get one that the brakets on the bottom? w-fat
Views: 361   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 17, 2006 5:47pm
by w-fat
What"s Up with the Pop Ups?????????
everytime i click on new message i keep getting stupid pop ups, is it on the websites end or mine???????? I checked all my stuff and everything is still working properly just curious Thanks Take CAre God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Dave From Up North
Views: 196   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 17, 2006 4:48pm
by slipknot
boat for sale
One last try to sell my 1989 Starcraft Islander 191V. 19' boat with 150HP Yamaha motor, LOARN unbit and stand up canvas. This boat could be bought today and fishing tomorrow. I have $3500 in the motor, $4500 or BRO for boat, motor and roller trailer. I will consi...
Views: 381   Replies: 9
Last Post: Aug 17, 2006 12:44pm
by Throbbin Rods
Heading Out to Lake Ontario
White Cap and I are heading out to Lake Ontario, Aug. 28 to Sept. 1, staying at Dowie Dales Camp Ground in Texas. Anybody going to be out in Mexico Bay during that time period?
Views: 263   Replies: 9
Last Post: Aug 17, 2006 8:15am
by Popeye
BANG IN UMM !! Report from today.
I'll make it short and sweet 22 salmon Mostly Keepers! 15 lakers 37 total fish Best lures: Copper red head, wonderbread, copper/orange, solid gold. Dan Paquin and son and Father in Law. The Pics speak for themselves. My Man SAM with 2 4 pounders!! Fath...
Views: 419   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 16, 2006 8:38pm
by YOAdrien
Quality Day on Winni
My Grandson (Nick, 12yrs old) and I fished Winni today, first fish 5lbs 22+” at 5:40 on lead core, 6 colors, Orange Fatal Attractor fly with necklace. Two other fish 15”, 17” on hardware, DB Guide, TG Red Head. Missed one and thing went quite for aw...
Views: 338   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 16, 2006 7:26pm
by starfire
monday with hooked on salmon
out with matty from hooked on salmon today5-11:30. GREAT GUY. GREAT KNOWLEDGE. A REAL PLEASURE. 28 FISH 1BASS, 1BOW, 3WHITE PERCH, 14LAKERS WITH SIZE, 9 SALMON 4 OF WHICH WERE BEAUTYS 3-4 LBS. DB GUIDE ON LEAD 8 COLORS OFF FLY ROD BEST RESULTS. OTHERS ALL CAUGHT ON...
Views: 262   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 16, 2006 6:10pm
by jim
j
JoeG
Winni last week
I had the good fortune to make it over to Winni three times last week. All three times we got around ten fish. In the rain was the most productive. Baby Mooselooks were the hot lure. I even put a 3/4 inch red stripe on one of them. It worked the best. Sutton 61 was h...
Views: 248   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 16, 2006 4:01pm
by JoeG
Streamers
Sounds like allot of streamer/fly talk lateley, tis the season I suppose. Some people use them all year with great success, myself I'm kind of a Spring and fall user, maybe this weekend. However fishing two lines I'm limited, guess one of each. John S.
Views: 353   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 16, 2006 3:17pm
by John H Sampson
Fishing last 2 weeks
I've been reading the message board for a while now, but this is my first message posting. Went fishing on Winni 2 weekends ago, everyday Friday through Monday before (and during!) the rain. Had great success...not much on the downriggers, but mainly pumping flies...
Views: 270   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 16, 2006 3:04pm
by jim
b
BUNKEE
Rough weekend
Headed up to Sebago last weekend with the family,great weather but cold at night in the camper so I turned on the heat! Heard a loud noise so I turned it off and we bundled up for the night, the next day I dropped the family off at my parents place on Nasons beach an...
Views: 282   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 16, 2006 11:27am
by John H Sampson
b
BrianF
Conway Lake?
Anyone ever fished it for Salmon? Not looking for spots but would like any information I can get. Heading up there this weekend. Same tackle as Winni? Hope so, that is all I got. :) Brian
Views: 252   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 16, 2006 8:18am
by fishlessman
conneticut lakes fishing trip
Wini Folks, Just got back today. 25 hours of fishing with 5 fish, all salmon, 1 keeper around 15 inches, the rest at under 10, all on lead core on the 1st lake- with a 1 inch gold/orange mooselook. 2nd lake and francis no good. What a beautiful plance though, we...
Views: 273   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 16, 2006 6:50am
by Rainbow 1
Things in perspective
Saturday started well, fished the Black Point area early until the wind started picking up. We left the lake, had breakfast and headed home only to get into a horrible accident on Rt 11. The SUV is totaled, the boat/trailer damaged but repairable. Fishing partner,(wi...
Views: 452   Replies: 13
Last Post: Aug 15, 2006 8:56pm
by BrianF
b
bert
fishing with capt.Matty/Hooked On Salmon
Went out fishing over the weekend with my son and Capt. Matty. We had a great time, caught our share of salmon and lakers (good size). It's always nice to learn more about fishing and Matty's the guy to learn from. Thanks Matty! Hope you enjoyed the tuna sandwich.
Views: 217   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 15, 2006 4:04pm
by bert
Handheld VHF Radio
Hi All I am looking to buy a handheld VHF radio. Any recommendations from your experience? Thanks! Smitty
Views: 226   Replies: 20
Last Post: Aug 15, 2006 12:53pm
by LOL Dave From up...
Squam Monday Report
Fished Squam, the land of no salmon, with White Cap, 10 bass all on lead core, several hits on DR, nobody home. John S and Salty, sorry I missed your calls, had the phone on vibrate, as you can see you did not miss anything. We call Salty several times on VHF, didn&#...
Views: 266   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 15, 2006 6:41am
by John H Sampson
w
w-fat
Congrats to Bro-in-law
Yesterday N.H. Sunday News article with pic & article of brother-in-law and awards at recent boat shows at winni. With his 2 Goodhue-Hawkins oldies. Their his pride and joy. My boat still out of order, need to get back on water soon. w-fat
Views: 208   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 14, 2006 6:19pm
by w-fat
s
Salty
Monday fishing report (Changing name to the Rat Patrol)
Fished with Bluefin on the Peggy C. Had a good morning, 25 to 30 fish. Got 6 or 7 keepers and the rest were runts. They follow me around! We fished the broads and south end. Ended the day with doubles. One on lead, 8 colors and one one dr 42'. Both on tg copper red h...
Views: 304   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 14, 2006 4:36pm
by Salty
Boat for sale Charlies charters
12' Princecraft [1997] 8 Hp Honda 4-stroke [1998] Galvinized karavan trailer [could handle up to a 14'boat] Motor runs great, boat comes with fire extinguisher, 2-PFD'S, Whistle, 2-seats, tool kit that came with motor, Honda Manual, Gas tank 3-Gal, ropes. sel...
Views: 319   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 14, 2006 4:16pm
by charlies charter...
p
Popeye
Newfound Report
Got to the pond at 0500.Dead battery in boat!! Thank God for Cumbruland Farms!!) fast and furious morning, boated 6 fish, lost at least 6. 2 bows, 2 blue backs, and 2 lakers. 2 bluebacks at 19-20 and both went home. Break was at 35' caught 1 bow at 65'. 5 fish came...
Views: 259   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 14, 2006 12:35pm
by Popeye
i
ilucas
no you can't do that!
after posting my report "winni is still hot" the other day, my freind told me that i could not use a Quote "cheater line". i told him i was using only 1 rod and that the 6' slider was my 2nd line. to settle our dissagreement i called fish and game and spoke w/ Sgt...
Views: 338   Replies: 23
Last Post: Aug 14, 2006 8:27am
by Chappy
w
wayne
vacation fishing
I will be on vacation on aug 21-25. I was interested in meeting up with someone to do some trolling. Im using lead core and would love to see what the downriggers are all about. I will be staying on winni at lakeshore park. If anyone is interested let me know. It wou...
Views: 239   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 14, 2006 8:00am
by wayne
fishingtoday
Best day on winni for us. Most fish caught between 6am and 8am.Fished diamond welch And rattlesnake.Caught 9 salmon and one laker.5 salmon were runts. The other 4 salmon and laker were between 18" and 22". Biggest a little over 3#.Lures Orange and gold t.g, N.H Guide...
Views: 352   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 14, 2006 7:47am
by Fishawk
f
forry
Lucas Pond
just wondering if anyone has fished Lucas Pond lately?
Views: 242   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 13, 2006 9:21pm
by forry
Aboard Hooked On Salmon Today
Had a great day today,boated 18 fish only one was a short salmon,3 lakers, the other 14 were nice healthy salmon we had doubles around 11 I reeled in the first one a fat female 4.4lbs I almost lost it close to the boat and I pleaded with Matty to take the rod and he...
Views: 290   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 13, 2006 8:19pm
by slipknot
Fished Winni today
First of all, I need to ask if my hearing is going...? I could have sworn I heard Salmonitis on the radio a couple times, but when I tried hailing him no response. So, either I was hearing things, or he didn't want to talk to the "slippery knot"? LOL Anyways, fish...
Views: 289   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 13, 2006 7:50pm
by \'Still Fishin...
QUEBEC NORD TRIP
Just returned from fishing 5 days on the Caniapiscua watershed in northern Quebec--great fishing and a great adventure! Four of us caught and released over 263 Brook trout, 27 salmon, 22 lakers, 14 pike and 2 whitefish (ate 8 brookies). Our fly-in camp was primitiv...
Views: 283   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 13, 2006 7:45pm
by BLUEJACKET
Had a Bad Day
So things started out great. Got out to the Sandy/Welch area around 6am and saw lots of other fisherman out there. (I need to get a portable VHF.) Caught my largest salmon so far with a copper/orange TG on about 8 colors. Then the bad stuff. While getting the Sa...
Views: 275   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 13, 2006 7:26pm
by \'Still Fishin...
Sunapee reports / minnow tails
fished the good lake tues night alongside the ss minnow (capt whip) boated 6 salmon , the best a 20" plus lost in the mouth of the net - had my 11 yr old newphew on board let him do all the reelin'. never did see the minnow reelin fish . fisherman john tried a ch...
Views: 297   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 13, 2006 5:07pm
by Charlie's Catch
w
w-fat
Not enough $$
Working for the State I don't make to many $$ I need to by more fishing stuff. So I thought I would design a new lure for salmon, and paint it N.H.D.O.T. orange. Then I realized that won't work because it will be just like my employees. NO action!
Views: 297   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 13, 2006 4:11pm
by Robbie
f
Forry
Birthday boy
Today is Ilucas' Birthday he is OLD I won't embarass him by saying how old (this will embarass him enough) Please join me in wishing my fishing buddy a HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Happy Birthday DOG!!!!
Views: 248   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 13, 2006 3:59pm
by slipknot
Winni Sat. AM Report
After reading all the posts, I had to take a trip down and see for myself. Fished fom Daylight to about 10:30 landed 8 Salmon all legal biggest being 23" a good solid 4 lbs., 10 Lake Trout bigget being 22" and one 2.5 lb white perch which was a surprise. It did get...
Views: 345   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 13, 2006 3:58pm
by slipknot
Launches
I want to thank Slipknot & Stillwater for the info on launching at Shep Browns for free and a great ramp.
Views: 205   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 13, 2006 3:55pm
by slipknot
Off to Moosehead
Well...finally I'm heading off to Moosehead for 2 weeks with the family in tow early Sat. am. Plan to fish by dusk tomorrow! Thanks to everyone (too many to list) who've responded to my posts leading up to the trip. I plan to try just about everything we've talked...
Views: 193   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 12, 2006 9:58pm
by Salmanoid
About the Cntr. Harbor Boat Launch???????
Looks like me and Rob are gonna head on down and give winni another shot tommorrow, just wanted to make sure about parking at cntr. harbor. after you launch your boat you can park for free behind the Fire Station across the street Correct????? Be on Channel 12 Give u...
Views: 266   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 12, 2006 9:02pm
by LOL Dave From up...
f
Forry
Fishing mid day
Okay, now that the thermocline has settled and everyone seems to be catching lots of fish, this site seems to be dormant. this is not good, let's talk. everyone says the salmon and rainbows costantly eat so lets find a way where we can get them to bite during the mid...
Views: 255   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 12, 2006 4:22pm
by Salty
j
jim
spofford lake
up at five o,clock me and my brother inlaw dick. On the road to thelake. got there at 5.45 boat in the water by 6. first fish in the boat at 6.30 by dick a nice 14.5 inch rainbow. back in the water not 15 inch o well that the law.7 dick ha a nice big rainbow 18...
Views: 259   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 12, 2006 12:28pm
by Salty
e
Eric C
Leadcore
I am new to the leadcore world. I am currently using 12 lb leadcore on the smaller lakes and have used it on Winni during recent trips to the lake. Should I be using heaver leadcore to obtain the same depths. I realize trollimg speed, line dia are factors to how dee...
Views: 323   Replies: 19
Last Post: Aug 12, 2006 9:10am
by Gray Ghost
Friday Fishing Report
Salty and I did the circuit from Diamond, Welch and Sandy. The catching was slow and steady with 12 runt salmon, 3 lakers, 1 bass and 1 white perch and a bunch of long releases and DR false releases. Lead core, 6 to 9 colors accounted for 5 fish, all others on DRs ru...
Views: 278   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 11, 2006 7:30pm
by Gray Ghost
f
Forry
thursday results on Winni
launch at Ames farm with Ilucas around 4:45 fished behind Diamond picked up first fish around 5:15(laker)on lead core about 5-51/2 colors with 100 feet of mono before lead with a dick nite #1 black/with silver specks. fished there picking up around 9:00 after boardin...
Views: 253   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 11, 2006 6:30pm
by Salty
UPDATES!!!
Finally was able to connect to the server and do a few updates, Sorry for the delay. The bragging board and radio handle list are now up to date. Also please check out the Showboats link and send us your pics. Thank you all, A.J. (Salmonitis)
Views: 356   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 11, 2006 9:55am
by John H Sampson
weekend fishing GREAT WEATHER!!!!
I am going to try to be out on winni both days early A.M. will be on channel 12 Give me a shout if ya make it. If I got to much going on saturday I will be on the pond sunday instead. Ya know the wife thing. Charlies Charters [Charlie]
Views: 236   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 11, 2006 9:48am
by charlies charter...
f
Forry
WARNING
WARNING Fishing Pox -------------------------------------------------------------- VERY CONTAGIOUS TO ADULT MALES -------------------------------------------------------------- SYMPTOMS: Continual complaint as to need for fresh air, sunshine and relaxation....
Views: 303   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 11, 2006 8:27am
by LOL Dave From up...
w
Whip
Kicker motor set up, Transom mount, EZ steer,Control king .. One mans saga
Okay here’s the scoop a little long sorry.... Full kicker motor set-up. Control King, Transom mount, EZ=Steer and 4 hp o6” 4 strk elc strk Merc. Cabala’s 4 stroke transom mount black anodized aluminum. Comes with a formula on length of kicker mo...
Views: 238   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 11, 2006 8:10am
by LOL Dave From up...
Friday Fishing ???
Anyone fishing Winni Friday (8-11-06). Be on 12 give us a shout!! Tight Lines
Views: 241   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 10, 2006 7:07pm
by Rattlesnake
s
salmo
Thursday am report
Fished 4 lines from 0530 to 0900. Not as fast and furious as last Sat but still a good morning. Released 8-10 salmon "rats", one short laker and kept a 17" salmon and a nice 3lb 21" laker. Couldn't seem to find the bigger salmon today. The salmon was full of 1" s...
Views: 306   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 10, 2006 6:31pm
by w-fat
s
Salty
Wed. Salt water fishing report (the RFP's got the blues)
Took Bluefin and White Cap down to Hampton. We started toward the end of the incoming tide. Went north to try one of my favorite rockpiles but only got a few schoolies. Disappointed because in the past have taken some nice cows from that spot. Bait was coming up all...
Views: 272   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 10, 2006 3:28pm
by fishRman
s
Salty
fishlakewinni updates
Talked with the "boy" today and he said he's having some internet issues so he hasn't been able to do any updates. He's working on it. Salty
Views: 265   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 10, 2006 2:36pm
by Salty
b
BUNKEE
Hey Fishlessman
I am headed up to Sebago this weekend and will hopefully be out on the lake Sunday am. I have been reading about this "CHEATER" line and I am anxious to try it.Can you or anyone who knows tell me how much line to use? How far down are you running the ball, 35 ft? tha...
Views: 247   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 10, 2006 1:22pm
by fishlessman
newfound report
fished last night with my brother slimy sculpin. we got 3 lakers 4 rainbows and 5 dropped fish in 2 hours. anything blue was hot. all small lakers but the rainbows were pretty good size. one my brother got was 24.5" 5.1lbs. all the dropped fished were on my lead cor...
Views: 284   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 10, 2006 12:54pm
by LOL Dave From up...
s
Salty
Views: 221   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 9, 2006 9:47pm
by Salty
m
MikeD
Fish Pics
OK I have a complaint....after looking at many fish pics (certainly not limited to this site) I am getting a bit fustrated by the "extended arm" pose that is a weak attempt to making the fish appear bigger than it actually is when in fact in only makes it more diffic...
Views: 345   Replies: 20
Last Post: Aug 9, 2006 8:48pm
by LOL Dave From up...
conneticut lakes fishing trip
Hey folks, I'm planning a trip to the conneticut lakes early august, actually this week! We will be fishing downriggers and lead core for salmon and lakers. I was wondering if anyone has fished up there recently and had any success? Also, I've been spoiled here i...
Views: 312   Replies: 18
Last Post: Aug 9, 2006 5:54pm
by richfromsalem
testing posting a picture
possible this spring or late fall!!
Views: 287   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 9, 2006 5:36pm
by Charlies Charter...
Want to rent a cottage or lake house on Moosehead
Hi all! I'm looking to rent a cottage or lake house on Moosehead or any lake in Me. next summer for one to two weeks. Any info such as names, phone #'s, prices, etc. would be great.
Views: 223   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 9, 2006 5:35pm
by Fair Chase Mike
i
ilucas
winni is still hot !
took my ten yr old daughter w/me fishing this morning, launched at ames farm, fished dimond and rattlesnake. fishing was the best it has ever been for me in the 2 years since starting this type of fishing. 17 fish landed 8 lost, 5of the first 7 fish were lakers the r...
Views: 376   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 9, 2006 5:29pm
by Popeye
Squam report
Fished 3 days, about 6 hours each day, 18 hours total trolling, 3 Salmon, all Saturday, other two days skunked, they were 9", 3+ pounds, and 6 pounds, 6 ounces (24.5 ") my first 6 pounder. But for all the time I invest, 6 aint near big enough, there's a 7 and maybe a...
Views: 312   Replies: 24
Last Post: Aug 9, 2006 4:31pm
by John H Sampson
Thernocline
Now that we have a solid thermocline on most all the Lakes we know from articles we read that Salmon are pretty much stuck in or below that range. Also we read that as the Sun comes up the bait moves down deeper, as do the Salmon, "find the bait, find the fish". A...
Views: 322   Replies: 18
Last Post: Aug 9, 2006 4:16pm
by John H Sampson
evening fishing
I want to thank Al at AJ for all the advise last Friday. We went out Sunday morning and caught 8 salmon, 1 22" 3# and 7 lakers. Great advise. That new wobler worked great. Just wondering if anyone does evening fishing. We are going out Thursday evening and wondered i...
Views: 312   Replies: 13
Last Post: Aug 9, 2006 11:59am
by fishlessman
Great Day
This will be short... Had a great day baoted lots of big fat Salmon. a 4# and a 5# as well as several 21" 3# fish...(Got lots of good pics) whoo hooo!!! 38' Jims special orange copper mini smelt (both big boys on this spoon) same depth 38-44' Orange copp...
Views: 349   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 9, 2006 10:45am
by Cool Water
2nd test now I think I got it!!
Bigger pic for the possible purchase in the future
Views: 288   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 9, 2006 9:45am
by charlies charter...
w
wayne
blackpoint
Where is blackpoint? thanks
Views: 285   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 9, 2006 6:31am
by wayne
Salty - vertical flashers
Salty and anyone else who's using or thinking of using vertical flashers - I just received my shipment in of 4 vertical flashers from Alan at A.J.s. They look so good my wife and little boy (4) wanted to hang them in his room as a mobile! LOL. (First time I used th...
Views: 273   Replies: 13
Last Post: Aug 8, 2006 7:18pm
by Proline
DUBBS!!
Was out fishing on Moosehead with my son and nephew and instead of using a stacker, tried slipping the 15 foot leader, swivel on one end with lure and swivel on the other and slid it down the downrigger pole line. In short order, my nephew Dakota had a strike. Low an...
Views: 305   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 8, 2006 9:06pm
by Salmanoid
i
ilucas
cover photo
lol dave, got the new hawkeye today and caught your yoadrien pic gracing the cover. wow ! congrats! ilucas
Views: 284   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 8, 2006 8:49pm
by John H Sampson
Late start...
Just could not fall asleep last night... Finally about 2am I was out. Had the alarm set for 3:45 and somehow managed to turn it off (in my sleep?) and didn't wake up until 5:45 this morning. So, changed my plans. Rather than heading for the big lake, I went across t...
Views: 245   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 8, 2006 7:36pm
by John H Sampson
b
BioMoe
Sunday (Late Report)
Pulled out right behind Charlie's Charters at 5:50. Set up between Diamond and the Snake. Fished until 11am. 20"Laker Mini-NH Guide TG 40' w/Flasher 5'behind 21"Laker Crazy Banana TG 35' 8 Colors of lead 17"Salmon DB NH Guide DB 72' No flash 8' behind 17...
Views: 238   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 8, 2006 7:11pm
by slipknot
f
forry
fishing tommorow
anybody up to fishing tomorrow Winni, squam etc. work got cancelled looking for someone who wants to go with me. give me an e-mail
Views: 242   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 8, 2006 7:02pm
by forry
s
Scott
Bass Spots
How are the smallies biting up there?
Views: 247   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 8, 2006 3:28pm
by slipknot
rubber boat net
Who makes the best one, ie. Cabela's ?
Views: 237   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 8, 2006 12:28pm
by Eric H.
striper bait shops?
Anybody know of any saltwater bait shops between Laconia and Hilton S.P. Used to get it at Little Bay Marina but they closed,ended up at Suds & Soda last week over in Greenland,kind of out of the way for us,but they had a great selection.
Views: 308   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 8, 2006 4:01am
by 2KR
f
forry
Question on age
went fishing with Ilucas yesterday, had best day ever.I caught a nice salmon. Ilooked it over to see what fin was clipped to find out the age. the only clipping I noticed was that the tail fin itself seemed to have been split right down the center. after getting home...
Views: 295   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 7, 2006 6:24pm
by brown_boat
f
forry
walleye in Winni?
what harm would it do, if any if the state put walleye in winni? wouldn't they be able to reproduce naturally and if so wouldn't thier fry make a good food supply for the trout and salmon, plus provide another good game and table fish? I would think the size of winni...
Views: 324   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 7, 2006 5:53pm
by w-fat
zwing
picked up a zwing this last winter in the discount box for 5 dollars. didnt have directions. does any one know what difference it makes attaching the downrigger to the different holes on top. i set up another downrigger on the boat and before i buy some more lead i t...
Views: 240   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 7, 2006 3:43pm
by Eric H.
23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Free Forum powered by Bravenet