Start a New Topic 
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Saturday Fishing Report (Squam)
Fished a total of six hours and couldn't take the wind anymore. Landed one 22" Salmon and dropped another, two nice smallies and that was it. Last Saturday fishing was t-shirt and shorts today it was snowing most of the morning with a 10 to 20 wind. Salmon was a hook...
Views: 586   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 11, 2010 8:08pm
by JoeG
Sunday report
Harvested one salmon and one bow,salmon 22" 3lbs plus inhaled one of AJs white perch flys behind a green dot spin doctor. bow was taken on home taped white/orange 61 type silver spoon with black spots.Also harvested one of my otter boats during the fray !@#$% !!!BARRY
Views: 566   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 11, 2010 7:46pm
by Tom (from Michig...
m
Matty
Special on a Cod and Haddock trip
Book a Cod and Haddock Trip with Capt. Matty Groves Hooked On Salmon Fishing Charters the month of April and get $100.00 off your trip! Call 603-731-1804 or email Tanya7722@aol.com Fishing is great right now!
Views: 365   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 11, 2010 7:19pm
by Matty
Tigers name
Who said Tiger Woods name will never be the same again. My wife and 94 (oops 95 now) year old mother in law have been glued to the TV ever since I put it on, ha,ha,ha. I don't think either one of them ever watched more than 5 minuets of golf before. I guess you c...
Views: 527   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 11, 2010 4:17pm
by dave
s
Steve
1990 Seaswirl Spyder 202 Fishing Boat for Sale
20' all fiberglass fishing boat for sale. Has cuddy, 4.3 liter v6 190hp I/O, spare prop, Happy Troller trolling plate, kicker bracket (no kicker) with easy steer rod, paddle, anchor, life jackets. Rod holders, comes with galv roller trailer, bearing buddies and spar...
Views: 403   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 11, 2010 9:44am
by Steve
Ettiquette call...what would you do
I took the day off to fish last Friday and at one point of the day, wanted to go out to the Broads to take a look around at midday. Since the most direct path out from where I was happened to go under the LI bridge, I headed that way. I got to the bridge and notic...
Views: 791   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 10, 2010 9:56pm
by Carroll County
SUNDAY PARTNER
I have an open seat tomorow for one any intrest give me a call before 9pm 523-7534.BARRY
Views: 387   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 10, 2010 7:05pm
by jusgrinnin
tape worms in salmon
Has anyone seen tape worms in the stomache of the salmon.I caught a nice fat healthy salmon on thursday,hooked pretty hard and kept it for a meal.When I cut into the stomache it was full of tape worms, nothing else.The fish looked great, fat and great color.Is this n...
Views: 544   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 9, 2010 5:26pm
by John Sampson
Thru fishing
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Launched from Center Harbor at 6 with Fishrod and White Cap under a cloudy sky with some light rain and light winds. Pickup a Salmon in the Harbor, water temperature 48 and 42 at 10ft. Caught salmon,...
Views: 658   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 9, 2010 4:58pm
by Gray Ghost
Fish report
Fished most of the morning. Picked up a beautiful, healthy, and fat 17" rainbow (light colors) on BB gun (smeared with smelt bioedge wand)at 2 colors in 40 FOW around 10am. Trout was puking up 1-2" smelt all over the place and had about 10 in its belly. Nice chop on...
Views: 775   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 9, 2010 9:10am
by Alan
Fin Clipping--huge success
The fin clipping was a huge success largley because of the help by Fish Lake Winni board members and of course the great weather. They did record numbers, in record time and we all had a chance to see the dedication of the NH F and G people, they do it for more than...
Views: 478   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 8, 2010 7:50pm
by 'Still Fishin'
Navionics confusion
After browsing the Navionics and Lowrance website and reading through my HDS5 manual, I am still confused about which chip to buy and nervous that I will buy the wrong chip then have to go back through a long and painful customer service process to get it replaced....
Views: 492   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 8, 2010 7:50pm
by chris
Mono for Line Counter Reels
Just bought 6 Daiwa SG27LCA reels.. The Manual says that the line counter is "most accurate" with 14lb. Mono.. Seems a little heavy for the planer boards.. I am planning to run the line to a barrel swivel and then a floro leader off that.. Any reccomendations on what...
Views: 478   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 8, 2010 4:31pm
by Link
Calling Kool aid
Cody what wuold be your best guess for trolling streemers on Crystal lake enfield thanks BARRY.
Views: 471   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 8, 2010 2:39pm
by Kool-Aid
Letters and E mail fo F and G
Now that fishing has begun, let's not forget to contact F and G Executive Director and others in Fish and Game about what kind of a fishery "you" want. F and G came right out and said you can't have Quantity and Quality at the same time and asked us to decide what ki...
Views: 333   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 8, 2010 12:19pm
by John Sampson
This Weekend...
Come visit the Fish Lake Winni Charter Fleet at the Great Northeast Boat Show this Friday, Saturday and Sunday! Stop by our booth for a chance to win some VIP Fisher Cat's tickets and discounted fishing charter's... We will be holding seminars all weekend long....
Views: 512   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 8, 2010 11:53am
by Cool Water
Fin Clipping
Just got the word, they got way ahead on the fin clip, thanks to you volunters, so they don't need that many folks tomorrow. But if you want to show up, I'm sure they wont send you home, be intetesting even as a spectator, tour the Hatchery. I'm going fishin, B...
Views: 380   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 8, 2010 10:01am
by The old fisherma...
d
dave
april 7th swimming on greateast lake
brought my grand daughters twins 5 years old out swimming today last year still iced in got a sunburn to can you believe it
Views: 457   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 8, 2010 9:58am
by The old fisherma...
Oh No
For those of you who attended the "Gathering" and got one of Bill Saiff's "Lake Ontario Outdoors" magazine, You'll notice this article on page 23 entitled "Animal Protection Czar in the White House" for an interesting read. For others I'll write it here. " Reports...
Views: 634   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 7, 2010 8:22pm
by Fishrod
s
sully
Looking for daiwa heartland HLD862LS rods.
Does anyone have any for sale? Thanks in advance.
Views: 451   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 7, 2010 4:26pm
by Yankee Native
hey travis
Travis, whenever I hit the icon for "return to website" it brings me to the advertisement for the big john downrigger. Is that happening to others as well? Mike
Views: 458   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 7, 2010 2:56pm
by Cool Water
Deep Cycle Batteries.
Need to buy 2 new Deep Cycle batteries.. Don't really want to spend $200 a piece on them (I rarely fire up the trolling motor). Any thoughts on a decent Brand? I don't want Wal-Mart (Everstart) and Can't afford Trojans/Optimas.. Thanks in advance for the advice.....
Views: 458   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 7, 2010 8:54am
by Ralph Phillips
c
Cap CL
Outboard wanted
Looking for a 5-8 horse outboard, short or long shaft, doesn't have to run as long as it possible to get running. If anyone has anything they are looking to sell let me know and we'll get in touch.
Views: 483   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 7, 2010 7:39am
by bag
Monday fin clip
Couldn't reach John Viar tonight, but weather looks good for tomorrow. Tomorrow is: Mac B Man Big John Russ Jonhson Kool Aid Cal S. See ya in da mornin. Go Red Sox, Big John
Views: 516   Replies: 8
Last Post: Apr 6, 2010 11:19am
by Misty Mornin
Shake Down Cruise
Been so busy with work lately due to "weather events" didn,t have the boat ready 'till noon sat. Took the wife as it was her birthday and she,s a good boat steerer. Went to West Alton Marina, dock closed. Ames Farm, closed to outsiders. Gilford Town Docks, can,t affo...
Views: 600   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 5, 2010 8:53pm
by Yankee Native
g
gil
salt water license
I fish stripers out of plum island do I now need a license??? or do I have to register on line need info thanks GIL
Views: 465   Replies: 12
Last Post: Apr 5, 2010 8:16pm
by Dave P.
Lowrance 528
Does anyone have a used Lowrance 528 for sale, I want to mount two side by side, one Sonar, one GPS. Can't find any new ones and don't want to switch to the HD yet. If anyone is on other fishing web sites, can you please post my request, thanks. Big John
Views: 440   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 5, 2010 7:28pm
by John Sampson
The Right Call
This post is in response to a post by Lunkerhunter who must have been scared to give his name,like an earlier post by Jason Parent asked us to do.If you had something to say let everyone know who is saying it. I have a problem with the post because the truth was not...
Views: 625   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 5, 2010 4:08pm
by Trouthunter6677
a
Anrik1
Maiden Voyage for "Tessie"
My long awaited maiden voyage is here. my new to me Eastern is ready to go. Picking up my dad this morning and off to Alton Bay. To say i'm nervous is an understatement. I'm going from a 17' smokercraft to this 22'. Today is more a "get to know you" day with Tessie...
Views: 490   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 5, 2010 10:07am
by The old fisherma...
Saturday Fishing Report (Winni)
All in all had a good day on Saturday. Boated double digit Salmon size range was 17" to 22" and strangeley enough all females. Was having a slow morning when my brother and uncle showed up and turned me on to a pattern, tried it in the area I was fishing and and star...
Views: 525   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 4, 2010 9:05pm
by John Sampson
My first trip of the Season on Winni (Friday)
Sucked!! LOL Great day on the water, it was like glass out there. In the morning the fog was VERY heavy. Once it burned off it was an amazing day. Someone forgot to tell the Salmon that they hadn't been fished for since last September and they were supposed to be...
Views: 698   Replies: 14
Last Post: Apr 4, 2010 8:35pm
by Sculpin
c
Cap CL
Weekend Report
Fished out of Center Harbor on saturday, getting on the water at 5:15. Fished from the launch to 3 mile all day long only getting two hits around sunrise on pumpkin head fly and yellow dotted top gun. Launched out of Meredith on Sunday motoring to the weirs for sunr...
Views: 730   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 4, 2010 7:58pm
by Gray Ghost
Sunday Fishing
Went out from 6-8 this morning. After no fish on Saturday finally got into a couple. Caught a nice 16.5 inch rainbow and a 20 inch salmon. Both were very fat and healthy. Caught on 2 colors lead off planer boards. They came about 5 minutes apart and the rest of the...
Views: 569   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 4, 2010 1:53pm
by Kool-Aid
Saturday Video 2 Rookie Mistakes
Fished Saturday morning with my brother Mike (Loan Ranger-the one with money in the family) who drove up from Norwood Mass. We fished from 7am till about 1pm and only had 1 hit which I captured on film. This video is kind of funny because as Mike is fighting the fish...
Views: 626   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 4, 2010 1:49pm
by John Sampson
Spring Dock Fishing- Northern Winni
I am new to the forum and interested in leaning more about catching lake trout and salmon form shore or in shallow water during early spring. My brother lives on the lake and swears that shallow water fishing doesn't become active until after the ice is out and the...
Views: 521   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 4, 2010 1:46pm
by Kool-Aid
g
gtk
limiting number of rods per fishermen is the wrong solution
Correct me if I'm wrong; the proposal is to limit one person to two rods and one rod pp after that so two people fishing will get three lines and not four? For many years two rods pp worked fine; what has changed is the number of people with a commercial stake wor...
Views: 574   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 4, 2010 6:21am
by ilucas
Fin clip
We have quite a few people signed up for M,T,W fin clipping. They will do it light rain or shine, but if it's real cool and heavy rain, no. I will be calling John Viar Sunday night and he will tell me if it's on or not, I'll probably call him each night as it look...
Views: 262   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 3, 2010 7:33pm
by John Sampson
First report
Things started out a little "off" yesterday. My partner who hasn't been 1 minute late in the last 15 year was a no show at the ramp. As I was getting ready to motor off, he called and said he had been sick all night but was on the road and would be at the ramp around...
Views: 578   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 3, 2010 1:47pm
by Salty
$85 Ticket
My son Ryan got an $85 ticket for having a PFD (Life Jacket) that had a tear in it. F&G gave him the ticket and made him get off the lake. So check your gear and, remember to put your registration stickers on the bow before you go launch.
Views: 695   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 3, 2010 1:41pm
by The old fisherma...
Great Start
Fished today with my son Ryan and his friend Andrew. We did catch a few 16" fish but we also got some quality fish. Who says we have no bait in Winni? Andrew Ryan Last fish of the night 22" released
Views: 734   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 2, 2010 8:36pm
by LOL Dave
Skunk Not
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx What a beautiful day on the water, plenty of sun, plenty of nice fish caught with White Cap. The fish were feisty and aerobatic full of P & V, could not ask for a better opening day on the water. Fished...
Views: 700   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 2, 2010 1:02pm
by Salty
opening day
About 6 or 7 boats on Squam Lake, "all lone anglers", never realy noticed it that much before, the 1 rod/per will **** off allot of people in NH if it becomes a rule change ner year. All in all the day confirmed what I believed alll along, 1 rod/per on Squam would...
Views: 458   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 2, 2010 7:23am
by John Sampson
i
ilucas
fish report?
did anybody catch fish today?????? Waiting for the first report. Pics??????
Views: 672   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 1, 2010 10:37pm
by Fishrod
I will be on Winni Friday
Say hello if you get a chance guys, I will be on channel 12. I'll be on my 21' Trophy that looks just like the Kool-Aid charter boat. -Scott
Views: 536   Replies: 8
Last Post: Apr 1, 2010 10:27pm
by Fishrod
s
Salty
A question for Roof Rafta
Charlie told me you use a Powerwinch remote control. Is it a model RC23 or RC30??? I'm hoping to have one installed soon on my boat trailor. Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks, Salty
Views: 486   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 1, 2010 9:29pm
by Roof Rafta
Question for Travis and Big John Sampson
Guys, I was wondering if either of your organizations has discussed proposing "the removal of and non use of Treble Hooks" while fishing for Cold Water Game Fish? If so, what seems to be the general discussion of such? It just seems to me that if we took Tre...
Views: 520   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 1, 2010 7:40pm
by John Sampson
d
DaveK
Barbless Hooks
If everyone used barbless hooks there would be very few hook wounded fish out there. Sure, it might increase the number of fish that get away, LL Salmon in particular, but is that such a bad thing?
Views: 320   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 1, 2010 1:51pm
by fishlessman
j
J.R.
Salmon Guides
Why are none of the Salmon Guides such as Adrian, Paugus Bay, AJ and other salmon charter's not on this board discussing the future rule change proposals ? I remember all the bragging about large catches a few years ago, just go back an look at past posts from 2007 &...
Views: 864   Replies: 15
Last Post: Apr 1, 2010 3:30am
by John Sampson
Revised post from earlier.....
The NHGA in response to Fish and Game contacting them asking for their input on the current state of the fishery put together their ideas and proposal's. They came to their decision to the best of my knowledge based on protecting the resource as there number one conc...
Views: 464   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 1, 2010 3:28am
by John Sampson
Big Thanks To BIG JOHN!!
Upon my recommendation John Sampson helped stimulate the NH Salmon Alliance, NH F&G and the fishermen at this site to "represent the public" not the NH Guides Association. John's information helped stimulate just that response. The powers at NHF&G as well as the...
Views: 498   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 31, 2010 9:18pm
by Cool Water
Can we have sort of a sign up sheet for fin clipping, nobody will hold you to it, just need a rough idea for F and G. 8 or 10 each day would be ideal, but they will be happy with 4 or 5. It's in New Durham, NH not far from rt 11/rt 28 intersecion at Alton Rotary....
Views: 488   Replies: 17
Last Post: Mar 31, 2010 7:04pm
by John Sampson
Fin Clip
For fin clipping,so far we have: 5 for Monday 5 for Tuesday 1 for Wednesday 4 more ok, buy no day yet, we realy need allot more, I'll post who is on what day tomorrow Wednesday. And you can let me know if I missed anyone Big John
Views: 369   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 31, 2010 6:59pm
by John Sampson
you make the call
I have a friend that in his own opinion, thinks he is entitled to catch all the fish he wants, not that he ever takes more than his limit . i ve never seen him handle a fish with his hands, he shakes them loose with needlenose. another buddy and i have told him he s...
Views: 630   Replies: 9
Last Post: Mar 31, 2010 5:55pm
by Kool-Aid
Salmon Alliance
One of the reasons I've heard stated for establishing the Salmon Aliance was to bring a stronger voice to those who fish for landlocked salmon in NH. So help me to understand why members of the Salmon Alliance are advocating that as many salmon anglers as possible em...
Views: 528   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 31, 2010 3:53pm
by Steve Perry
Addresses for Letters and e mail to Fish and Game and next Comissioners meeting info.
I just got word back from Fish and Game, they said to the Director hlmself, so his e mail is below and it wont hurt to send it to alot of others. The Commisioners e mail are hard to find, but the mail address are on the F and G website. BE SURE TO PUT "PROPOSED SA...
Views: 454   Replies: 12
Last Post: Mar 31, 2010 11:48am
by Steve Perry
Proposed Rule Changes for Cold Water Species
Travis attended a meeting at NH F&G today where the biologists and F&G proposed possible rule changes to the states commissioners. To the best of my understanding, this is not where the final determination occurs, and these rules will need to be presented if only as...
Views: 1657   Replies: 78
Last Post: Mar 31, 2010 11:46am
by Carrol County
Proposal from the NH Guides Association: A Clarification
There was a previous post by a member of the F&G Department that needs to be clarified. In an effort to address the landlocked salmon hooking wounding issue, the Department's Executive Director approached the NH Guides Association (NHGA) and requested that they give...
Views: 488   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 31, 2010 10:54am
by MARKT
c
chris
NH F&G Are You Listening?
Hello, I just read the previous thread and was unable to attend the gathering yesterday. My reaction to this whole 1 rod per angler proposal can be summed up in one word: disgust. I'm trying to be nice here and not say what I really feel about it. Why would F&G prop...
Views: 664   Replies: 21
Last Post: Mar 30, 2010 11:06pm
by The other Russ J...
Gathering, F and G hearing and Fin Clipping,etc
Great Gathering, new place was a winner, some people won somne nice raffal prizes, plenty of vendors and good seminars on Champlain and Ontario. If anyone is interested in 2 rod and reel combos loaded up with 10 colors of lead, let me know, I will sell them and do...
Views: 687   Replies: 24
Last Post: Mar 30, 2010 8:19pm
by JoeG
Lake Debris?
I have read on other boards that the combination of damage from ice and high water/heavy rain and wind all mean that there will be LOTS of floating debris in the lake when the season opens on Thursday. Have any of you been on the lake (or around the lake) to confi...
Views: 513   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 30, 2010 6:09pm
by Finaddiction (Da...
Does anyone know this guy?
Does anyone know a guy by the name of Roger J Aziz JR. He is a fan of fishing for Atlantic Landlocked Salmon, maybe he visits this site? I am trying to locate him?
Views: 580   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 30, 2010 4:23pm
by John Sampson
Boat ramp suggestions
I just called West Alton Marina and their ramp is not ready. Where would my next best option be?? Price and parking? Thanks!
Views: 489   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 30, 2010 3:02pm
by MikeF-NH
r
Rich
Fishing from my boat
I'm curious to know if any of the guides on this web site would be interested in guiding or showing the proper way to fish my set ups on my boat. Thanks . Rich
Views: 670   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 30, 2010 2:58pm
by Kool-Aid
Many thanks to Fish Lake Winni Anglers
I just wanted to thank each and every person that attended the Lake Winni gathering. I had a wonderful time and was made to feel very welcome. It is an event that I would definitely attend again and again. Any avid coldwater fishing enthusiast would enjoy this gath...
Views: 358   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 30, 2010 1:42pm
by ilucas
Throbbin Rods calling Cool Water - Creel Survey
Trav I know that I am old and decrepit but I cannot seem to locate the creel survey form on the web site this year. In light of the fact that we broadcast our support for Creel Surveys can you get the form back, maybe as a link and a sticky? Thanks much Bill
Views: 345   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 30, 2010 9:36am
by John Sampson
Great Day - Kool-Aid Charters Video
Good to see and talk to everyone today! Big turnout this year with lots of great speakers and vendors! Also, I put a video together in my excitement for the upcoming season. Check it out, let me know what you think! Kool-Aid Charters 2009 from koolaidchar...
Views: 454   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 30, 2010 6:53am
by charlies charter...
Bass line rules
I often see the solo bass angler standing on his bow running the boat from the foot peddles, working his way up the shore line casting under the docks as he moves. Often I will see he has a "dragger" off the back, maybe a rappalla, or a spinner bait. Will the new l...
Views: 363   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 29, 2010 10:56pm
by Misty Mornin
j
J.R.
satellite radio for boat
anyone have sirius satellite radio on their boat ? I don't know anything about what is the best kind of radio/ antenna etc... and idea's...
Views: 406   Replies: 9
Last Post: Mar 29, 2010 9:34pm
by triple D
NHSA
Just wanted to mention, and I'm not sure if this is an issue or not, but NHSA is already being used by an organization in New Hampshire. The New Hampshire Snowmobile Association is also known as NHSA. Just thought that I would mention it. Realy enjoyed the gathering...
Views: 271   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 29, 2010 7:38pm
by FISH 'N FUN II
VHF HELP
My vhf had a bad spell & needs to be returned to Cobra,does anyone have one they would like to sell to get me by untill mine is fixed tks BARRY
Views: 273   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 29, 2010 3:31pm
by jusgrinnin
The Gathering
Hello, I would like to thank all who attended. It was a fun day. I would also like to extend a thank you to all the other vendors who kept my son Liam in check. I found out later he had snuck a twenty or two from the box - of course he told mom and me at the sa...
Views: 402   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 29, 2010 3:12pm
by Chappy
G2 Jiggers
Paul Dubriske and his sons Adam and Ben asked me to send a big thank you to you all for making the show a success for them. They are very sorry they did not have a big sign up to take checks and Credit Cards earlier, so they will hold the show special price open...
Views: 370   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 29, 2010 11:34am
by John Sampson
Trolling Plate
Big Dave, you going to the Gathering, I'll bring the Trolling Plate I've been holding for you for a while now. Big John
Views: 396   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 28, 2010 11:31am
by LOL Dave
salmon stalker calling big john
hi john how are you..if you need any help setting things up on your boat this season or you need help putting it in the water give me a call.also im glad to hear everything went good with your shoulder surgery..i will see you at the gathering thanks joe s.....
Views: 341   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 28, 2010 11:12am
by salmon stalker
WTB - Big Jon Planer Board Reels
Does anyone have a pair they want to part with at a fair price? Contact me at bewired@comcast.net
Views: 384   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 27, 2010 6:53pm
by Nemesis
N.E.T.S. 1st Annual Spring Trout&Salmon Fling
After last Falls very successful N.E.T.S. Frostbite Fleet Salmon Shootout there has been a huge demand and interest in a spring event before all the other bigger events that will cater just to the avid coldwater fishermen. So I am putting together another event the...
Views: 315   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 27, 2010 2:10pm
by Shawn Hayes
Spoon Kits- Paint, tape and assemble yourself
Spring Cleaning time. I have 10 kits. Each one has 6 blanks that are brass and look very similar to the "TG" spoon. These blanks are left over from when I was making my B3 spoons. Some of you may remember them. 6 blanks enough splitrings for front and back 7...
Views: 417   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 27, 2010 1:07pm
by Nemesis
Rule Changes...
This is a message from our NH Fish And Game department: Hi folks, Liza here from F&G. Thanks for the very civil conversation and your ideas on how to improve the salmon fishery! Since it's not been made totally clear, the "proposals" that went to the F&G com...
Views: 609   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 27, 2010 12:10pm
by Rattlesnake
No April Fool Joke
Check out: http://www.pressherald.com/news/surprise-start-to-fishing-season-case-of-reading-between-the-lines_2010-03-27.html
Views: 507   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 27, 2010 10:42am
by Crawfish
Down rigger board for sale
Downrigger board for sale I have a Tac n Turn 8' long downrigger board, with the adjustable ball mounts. No longer needed. I will have it in jy truck at the Gathering if anyone is interested. Throbbin Rods
Views: 365   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 27, 2010 9:45am
by Throbbin Rods
Winni Derby/ Salmon Issue
I have heard alot of great suggestions that is atleast a start to addressing the salmon issue. I feel that if the "derby people" thought it out better, we could still have had the derby. What they needed to do is impose new rules including many of the suggestions po...
Views: 430   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 27, 2010 9:31am
by Dave Kittredge
Gathering Door prizes!!!
The gathering is looking good this year can't wait to talk fishing...Than go fishing on the first because the ice is gone!!! We have some flat out awesome door prizes this year!!! $300 package Lazy E Motor inn stay $200 package Bear Tree stay over night stay...
Views: 439   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 26, 2010 8:47pm
by JoeG
2 Walker Electric Downriggers for Sale
Hi guys, I have 2 Walker Downriggers for sale. Looking to see if anyone wants them. I am looking for $250 for the pair with the mounts or best offer. I am going to the Gathering so we could do the exchange there if you wanted them.
Views: 325   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 26, 2010 8:06am
by Scott D
m
Mac
Laurel Lake
The lake is open and ready for action. May have to take the spinning rod over and and see if I can get a hook up. I'm sure W-fat will be all over it real soon. Mac
Views: 471   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 25, 2010 8:19pm
by John Sampson
l
Link
ICE OUT
Looks like the ice is out from the pictures on http://rattlesnakecam.com/iceout.htm I think we are just waiting to have it officially declared! So if the ice is out before the gathering are we going to have a substitute for the ice-out contest?
Views: 571   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 24, 2010 10:16pm
by Fishrod
n
nick
limit fish kill at the derby
i just think its time that we do what bass fisherman do get the fish back to the water alive and unhurt as much as possible.not salmon or trout fisherman put and take. winni derby some way of proving what you catch. maybe pictures with date a proof of date caught. si...
Views: 528   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 24, 2010 6:59pm
by nick
Throbbin Rods calling Cool Water
Hi Trav Say, did you guys get rid of the list of radio handles and names or am I just too old an feeble to find it lol. thanks bill
Views: 460   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 24, 2010 6:46pm
by Cool Water
d
Dave S
fee to get into show
Does this include kids also? thanks
Views: 445   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 24, 2010 6:13pm
by Dave S
r
Ryan B
Looks like the ice is out
Looks like the ice is out of lake winni!
Views: 465   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 24, 2010 5:16pm
by Finaddiction (Da...
s
Sean
14' Aluminum Sea Nymph for sale
I'm selling my 1982 Aluminum Sea Nymph with 1992 20 HP Johnson outboard. Outboard is in mint condition with tiller, always stored indoors and fogged. Boat has 3 bench seats, Humminbird dual freq Fish finder, Big John Planner Mast, and manual Canon downrigger. That...
Views: 331   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 24, 2010 2:35pm
by Sean
Salmon Aliance Status
What is the status of the group? Can someone post the minutes of the meetings or give a status of the group. I understand that a meeting was held last night and the time got moved. Can the meeting date, time, locations and minutes posted so that interested parties...
Views: 444   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 23, 2010 10:57pm
by Fish'n Squam Aga...
w
W-Fat
Practice Boating
Got the (rudeprince) out of storeage, Sat. Pulled the cover off jumped up in it, with a bottle of armorall in one hand, & a Spa-fud old fashion in the other hand. (Moxie & bottom shelf burbon). Then spent the day buffin & sippen & making 2 stroke sounds. Life is good...
Views: 407   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 22, 2010 4:13pm
by W-Fat
Fishing vs. Girls
I found this on onother fishing site. I found it funny ! Plus I added a few . We needed a boost to get off the track. OK well here`s a couple reasons why i think striper fish`n is better than girls. why fishing is better than s-x 1. A limp rod is still usefu...
Views: 411   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 22, 2010 2:50pm
by FISH"N"247
i
ilucas
Big Dan Hole ?
Does anyone fish this lake????? I have, once way back, it was such a hassle to get on the water there. One launch if i remember right and it was at a campground or something, I think I had to wait until they opened the office to get to the launch. That was about 10...
Views: 688   Replies: 10
Last Post: Mar 22, 2010 2:35pm
by White Cap
JOHN SAMPSON GIVE ME A CALL
THEN YOU GET TIME GIVE ME A CALL ON MY CELL PUT MY BOAT IN THE WATER AND WENT ABOUT 500YARDS NORTH OF POT INLAND FROM THEIR NORTH THEIR IS STILL ICE
Views: 289   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 22, 2010 1:53pm
by RUSS JOHNSON
d
dave
SALMON IN LAKE WINNI
I READ A POST THAT THE PROBLEM IN LAKE WINNI IS THE SALMON DON,T HAVE ENOUGH FOOD THAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM IS IT EXPENSIVE TO PUT SMELT IN FOR THE SALMON AND MAYBE THE BASS ARE DOING A JOB ON THE SMELT BEFOR THE SALMON GET TO THEM IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE THAT COULD...
Views: 718   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 22, 2010 11:58am
by charlies charter...
confused about proposals
im out of the loop alittle, but something confuses me. i have not actually seen anyone write down what the full intent of what the fishery needs to be, if the rules need changing, what are the real goals we are after and why. whats the real intent, usually thats how...
Views: 625   Replies: 9
Last Post: Mar 21, 2010 9:21pm
by Fish'n Squam Aga...
Itinerary & some info on the gathering
Sunday March 28th Gathering Itinerary Doors open 10 AM... greeting vendor time til 12:00 noon... Buffett opens at Noon Pork and chicken with all the fixings $13.00... 12:00-1:00 Shawn Hayes Fish Whisperer Guide Service Lake Champlain trolling for Salmon a...
Views: 449   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 21, 2010 4:40pm
by Cool Water
j
J.R.
Gathering March 28
Are any of the F&G biologists going to attend this year ?
Views: 448   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 21, 2010 4:09pm
by 'Still Fishin'
Winni Ice Out
WOW....just got off the snake eyes web site.I think ice out is going to be before the gathering.The(Turd) is ready for the water,took her for a spin down to the gas station yesterday.See you all at the gathering.polebreaker
Views: 431   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 21, 2010 3:37pm
by Dave P.
r
Robbie
5 1/2 HP Johnson for sale
I have a 5 1/2 HP Johnson outboard motor that I bought in 1970. I used it for 4 years on a 10 foot aluminum boat. By then I had 3 kids and started working 2 jobs and that was the end of my fishing. I sold the boat, but decided to store the motor. Well, here it is 41...
Views: 277   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 21, 2010 6:44am
by Robbie
Ice out
So much has been going on, has anyone observed how the ice is doing on Winni. I know Squam is about all out, I have friends that were boating on Big Squam Tuesday.. The little lake is still iced in but moving out fast. My code word to complete the post is "BEER...
Views: 602   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 21, 2010 1:08am
by Lineman
controll king
Has anyone ever used either a Controll king or Trollmaster on a 2 stroke? Curious why application guides cover only 4 strokes. Thanks in advance bill
Views: 456   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 20, 2010 2:19pm
by Kool-Aid
Slot Limits
Many have proposed slot limits as a possible solution. I believe a slot limit would not work with the landlocked salmon. the problem in the lake is the lack of healthy growth/hook wounds....(the hook wounds are not healing because the fish are not as healthy as the...
Views: 362   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 20, 2010 12:17pm
by Sculpin
d
dave
leak aluminum boat
have a small leak in seam in my 16ft aluminum boat in bow any ideas whats the best thing to use and can i seal it from the inside thanks
Views: 374   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 18, 2010 9:51pm
by Dave P.
NOAA WANTS YOUR INPUT! CHAMPLAIN TOPIC
The NOAA/National Weather Service is seeking information concerning the use of Lake Champlain by open water fisherman during the winter months. The National Weather Service provides forecast services for Lake Champlain approximately 8 months out of the year (May thr...
Views: 277   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 18, 2010 7:24pm
by Razzle Dazzle
ICE OUT!!!
Squam just about out!!!
Views: 527   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 17, 2010 4:29pm
by Crawfish
Lowrance HDS-5/Insight/Navionics?
So yesterday I took the plundge and bought the Lowrance HDS5 GPS/Sonar combo unit with Enhanced US Basemap. While I am not looking for an immediate upgrade, I have some questions for anyone familiar with the unit. I have read that the unit accepts the Navionics ch...
Views: 429   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 16, 2010 11:24am
by MikeF-NH
Fin clips
They will be looking for volunters soon to help with the fin clipping of the Salmon. I'll see if I can find out if you have to sign up or just show up. I've never done it before. Big John
Views: 431   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 16, 2010 6:53am
by John Sampson
s
Salty
Apr 1
I predict ice out by opening day. Lily pond has some open water already. Salty
Views: 646   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 16, 2010 3:13am
by erbyjoe
r
redhat
motor bracket for sale
retractable trolling motor bracket for up to 12hp 82lb $60. Ed. tel. 3447460 first time needed #
Views: 269   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 15, 2010 11:49am
by J.R.
m
Mike K
speed & temp at the ball question
I looking to buy a unit that measures speed & temp at the ball and was wondering what the folks on this site use. I'm looking at the Fish Hawk X-4 & the Cannon IntelliTroll. If you use either one of these could you tell me what you think. Thanks for the help
Views: 571   Replies: 20
Last Post: Mar 14, 2010 8:43pm
by John Sampson
Big Congrats, To Kool Aid's Dad John and His Hanover Girls Hockey team
Just saw the video http://www.wmur.com/video/22833046/index.html on WMUR, Looking good on TV. there Mr. Dodd's. Congrats to you and your girls, they surely played as a "Team" when they came up to Berlin, Sure sign of a Great Coach. Take Care God Bless LOL Dave
Views: 266   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 14, 2010 2:34pm
by Kool-Aid
trolling motor bracket for sale
retractable bracket for up to 12 Hp 82lb $60 Ed..
Views: 195   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 14, 2010 11:43am
by ed piper
Rods + Wheels For Sale
Three Eagle Claw trolling rods.Two 8ft.6in. one 7ft.6in. all 8-15lb. $15 ea. or $40 for all. Four 12in. trailer wheels. Three 4 hole with used tires, $10 ea. one 5 hole with new 5-30-12 tire $20. Thanx Cal P.
Views: 454   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 13, 2010 5:39pm
by Yankee Native
The Gathering - Vertical Trolls - Stack O'Smelt
Hello, For any of you who may have bought a vertical troll last year at the gathering and experienced issues with the blade trailers or tape coming off with extended use and you still have the main leader, I will gladly rework it for you for free. Just drop it of...
Views: 592   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 12, 2010 4:45pm
by Chappy
r
Ryan
Anyone using West Alton Marina this spring?
I know a couple of guys did the spring "fisherman's special" with them last year. Is anyone getting a slip this spring a West Alton Marina? I just called and booked one. It seems like a very fair deal, ice out to just before Memorial Day Weekend for $200. She...
Views: 459   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 12, 2010 11:35am
by MikeF-NH
Fin Clipping
Looks like the 1st full week of April they will be looking for people to help with the fin clip at Powder Mill Hatchery. Ice may be gone, so they feel it will be a good test of our wilingness to help. Can we get guys to respond here and sign up ? More detai...
Views: 342   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 11, 2010 7:37pm
by White Cap
d
Dave S
lake winni rentals
Fishermans april special 2 bedroom sleeps 6 40 foot dock just outside the door, weirs beach area cable tv 125 per 2 a night 2 night min or $650 for the week call (603)893-2005
Views: 380   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 11, 2010 5:01pm
by Dave S
Elec. Trailer winch?
I'm at the age (and added to that, the generous amount of busted body parts I"ve aquired) to where I need to get an electric powered winch for da Tank's trailer. Anybody have recomendations for make, model, where to buy, experience with(good & bad) and/or tips...
Views: 355   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 11, 2010 2:33pm
by flatfoot
Ames Farm launch to reopen?
Read the last two paragraphs of the following article. http://www.citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll...796/-1/CITIZEN It seems to indicate that Ames Farm may again be able to open their ramp to the public. Nothing definitive in the article so we'll have to check with the...
Views: 635   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 11, 2010 2:13pm
by MikeF-NH
Hatchery visit
Russ Johnson and I went to Powder Mill Hacthery yesterday. Salmon are 11 to a pound (6 or 7 inches long) and should easily be the desired 9 or 10 to a pound at stocking. They also have a new man in charge, they brought him in from Milford Hatchery 2 weeks ago, ove...
Views: 516   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 11, 2010 8:29am
by FISH"N"247
WNT: Boat slip for 20ft Pontoon Boat. Any lake near Alton Bay/Rochester/New Durham/Barrington/etc
Just looking for an affordable slip to tie my old 20ft Pontoon fishing boat to for the 2010 season. I'm probably priced out of Winni based on the rates I've seen quoted online but will consider other "less expensive" lakes with fish in it... Something within a short...
Views: 195   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 10, 2010 4:03pm
by snapped_line
FYI
http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/saltwater/news/story?id=4975762
Views: 473   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 9, 2010 2:05pm
by John Sampson
l
Link
Fly Rod set-up
I am thinking of changing things up a little and trying something different, for me anyway, this spring and try trolling with fly rods rather than just run flies off of my trolling rods and mono. What rod and line weights are recommended? Can I troll with floating...
Views: 502   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 9, 2010 1:31pm
by sully
SURVEY(LAKERS)
If you could only have one jig,spoon,or other bait for lakers what would it be???BARRY
Views: 657   Replies: 10
Last Post: Mar 8, 2010 7:16pm
by "Reel it in"
Champlain Help
Hi All, Looking for some help for Lake Champlain. We are going to be taking a trip in late May. We will be staying in South Hero. I have never fished this lake for cold water fish. If you have fished around this area and have any suggestions they will be warmly...
Views: 401   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 8, 2010 1:58pm
by Dave B.
r
Ryan
36" Laker 15 lbs
I caught a monster Laker last week at First Connecticut Lake in Pittsburg and would like to share a couple pics with everyone. I know it has been asked and answered on here a hundred times but how the hell do I post a pic? I tried searching the posts and gave up.
Views: 827   Replies: 18
Last Post: Mar 8, 2010 1:42pm
by Dave B.
d
Dan
fish mounts
Hello all, I recently had a fish mounted and after getting it back it has a fishy smell. Is this normal? This is my first skin mount. thanks for your imput Dan
Views: 437   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 8, 2010 7:11am
by choovy
r
Robbie
Trolling plate for sale
I have a Cabelas Hydro Troll trolling plate for sale. Cabelas gets $110 for it. I'm asking $50. ROBBIE
Views: 362   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 8, 2010 5:47am
by Robbie
c
choovy
the last day
last day ice fishing today out on the broads. i caught a 21 inch cusk today, a 26 inch cusk yesterday and a 20 1/2 inch laker yesterday. we saw ourselves on you tube today. the search would be under Ice boating on lake winnipesaukee in New Hampshire. its 4 min 30...
Views: 361   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 7, 2010 8:42pm
by choovy
j
J.R.
Ice - Out
It sure looks like and "early ice - out" ... will it be OUT by April 1st this year ? Ice-Outs by Date at Winni. March 28 X 1921 March 30 X 1946 April 1 X 1945 April 2 X 1903 April 3 XXX 1953,1957, 2006 April 4 X 1902 April 5 XX 1981,2002 April 6 X...
Views: 612   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 7, 2010 11:47am
by Scott D in Merri...
For sale - Downriggers
For sale, 2 Cannon manual downriggers with bases, almost new. No downrigger bals but releases are included. $175 or best offer thanks bill
Views: 454   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 7, 2010 7:45am
by Throbbin Rods
d
Don
Boat For Sale
1989 Seanymph SS175 fish and ski, aluminum deep V, 60 HP Johnson VRO, tilt, trim, trolling plate, electric foot operated on bow,bimini top, stereo, fishfinder, livewells, walk thru windshield, built in fuel tank, safety equipment, bunk guides, bearing buddies. Ready...
Views: 425   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 6, 2010 8:43pm
by Don
b
Brad
ControllKing will be at the gathering
I will be having a table at the gathering once again. Stop by and see if we make a model for your kicker. There are two prices depending on your model. They are either $191.00 or $ 193.16 shipped from the MFG in Idaho to your door. Once you fish with one you will...
Views: 237   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 5, 2010 9:44pm
by Brad
5+ HP LS Honda or 4stroke Mercury Wanted
Looking for a long shaft 4 stroke. If you have one for sale or know of one let me know. Thank you. Brian
Views: 246   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 4, 2010 11:22pm
by NHAngler
b
Bup
Gathering ad in Hawkeye
Very Very nice advertizement in the Hawkeye about the gathering Well done should draw some folks!
Views: 322   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 4, 2010 6:28pm
by Bup
w
W-Fat
Team Coed
Coach W-Fat; Took Team Coed to Contoocook Lake, Derby in Jaffery again this year. I drilled holes and cooked, while the girls had a 30 plus fish day. Catching pickerel, white & yelow perch,hornpout,sun fish, crappie. The Daughter C.J. from Nicholes college got 2nd p...
Views: 433   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 4, 2010 2:16pm
by W-Fat
Answers to some Gathering Questions
Hi Everyone, Here are some answers to your questions. The charge at the door will be $10 for an adult and under 16 is free. For the fee you will also receive two tickets for two separate door prize Raffles. One is the Kle Robinson Memorial Scholarship. There will...
Views: 409   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 4, 2010 10:33am
by Cool Water
G2 Joggers at Gathering
I spoke with Paul Dubriske yesterday, he is going to have a booth at the Gathering to show his G2 Jigging products and his Cee Dee Streamers. With the future possibility of less lines in the water (I hope not) you want to make sure you are giving your best presentati...
Views: 647   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 4, 2010 9:08am
by John Sampson
b
Bup
March 28 Gathering
I have seen a couple others ask the questions but haven't seen any answers. How do we go about purchasing tickets for the gathering and what is the cost? Can we get tickets at the door? This will be our first year attending and really don't want to miss it Please le...
Views: 368   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 3, 2010 8:41pm
by White Cap
c
choovy
bobhouse towing on winni
took my bobhouse off this sunday at ellacoya. kind of slushy around the edge, but just go fast. towed it 4 miles to shore, ice ridges small and no problems. was warm out there too.
Views: 385   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 3, 2010 7:16pm
by choovy
j
JoeG
otter boats
Looking for a used otter boat if anyone has one they want to part with. Joe
Views: 414   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 2, 2010 9:12pm
by jay d
j
JoeG
Kyle Robinson Memorial Scholarship at the Spring Gathering
Hello All, For those of you that aren't familiar with this, my friend's 15 year old son, Kyle Robinson, drowned at my camp 5 years ago. Travis and AJ have been generous enough to let me set up a table at their gathering every year to accept tackle donations for a...
Views: 264   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 2, 2010 8:22pm
by JoeG
Lake Trout Trolling
Can anyone share some info on How to Target Lake Trout in Mid May while Trolling? I get little ones once in awhile while Salmon Fishing, but what should I do If I wanted to dedicate some quality time trying to get a nice one in Mid May?
Views: 628   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 2, 2010 7:02pm
by test
j
J.R.
Big Jon Pro Tournament Riggers
Just bought 2 new Big Jon Pro Tournaments... 25% bigger motors with ball auto stop feature so that should be cool. Great doing business with Tony of Lordoftheriggers.com
Views: 348   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 2, 2010 3:31pm
by jusgrinnin
salmon spots for springs
what is everyone thinking for the top ice out salmon spot this year?? are we thinking by welch and daimond again or elsewhere? also what does everyone usually run for speeds and depth for the first part of the season? and best lures? i know the db smelts hit hard las...
Views: 552   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 1, 2010 9:50pm
by sportfish20
Gathering
Sorry guys, I didn't see answers to the following questions in previous Gathering threads and simply didn't have time to review all posts... -Do we need to buy tickets for the Gathering in advance? -How much are the tickets? -Can we buy tickets at the door?
Views: 347   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 1, 2010 12:01pm
by MikeF-NH
winnepesaukee ice
choovy you should wait for daddy o on monday. use the buddy system. im sure it will be dangerous.
Views: 501   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 1, 2010 6:42am
by jusgrinnin
SUV through ice in Meredith today
Check out the wmur.com site. CAUTION: The boat ramp in Meredith is not safe, and I imagine most of the vehicle access points on the big lake are soon to follow. If your bobhouses are still out I would recommend forming a plan for removal soon if the warm weather stay...
Views: 567   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 1, 2010 6:40am
by jusgrinnin
c
choovy
ellacoya adventures
going out to check the bobhouse about 4 miles straight out of ellacoya right in front of sandy tomorrow. wish me luck. probably end up towing it in to shore for now. heard today there is a crack in front of sandy island that a bobhouse could fall into. watch out...
Views: 357   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 27, 2010 10:07pm
by choovy
Pine trees
I hate pine trees.I told the wife when we bought the house they would come into play someday.We lost four huge pines and about a half dozen hardwoods in that big blow.One pine missed the house by 3 ft.Thank god all the rest fell the other way and most important the t...
Views: 494   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 27, 2010 8:20am
by LOL Dave
Bob House Removal
News from the New Hampshire Fish and Game Department Phone: (603) 271-3211 Email: info@wildlife.nh.gov For information and online licenses, visit http://www.wildnh.com February 26, 2010 * * * * * * * CONTACT: Major Tim Acerno: 603-271-3129 Liza Poinier: 60...
Views: 408   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 26, 2010 2:32pm
by White Cap
25 hp 2 stroke 4 sale
i am looking to sell my 25 hp evinrude 2 stroke. i just dont use it enough to justify keeping it around. anyone interested let me know, i m asking 600.00. its a 78 to the best of my knowledge
Views: 275   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 25, 2010 5:11pm
by lunkerhunter
Ellacoya State Park Access?
Has anyone been out there? Bob house still out there wondering if at all possible to get it off.
Views: 401   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 25, 2010 4:13pm
by Bobby
info on monday's meeting
any info on the monday meeting wasn't able to go but was wondering what was the out come . thanks "REEL IT IN"
Views: 455   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 24, 2010 10:27pm
by "Reel it in"
march 28th gathering
where is the lodge located??
Views: 414   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 24, 2010 9:53pm
by sportfish20
b
B-Man
Sat and sunday nubi report
Had to work sat am got there about 1;30.Mac was there early and they got 5 flags 1 18 inch laker fished till about 5 what a beauty of a day to be lake perfect lake condition for snowmoble and wheelers.Talked to some other guys I knew that were there and they caught s...
Views: 427   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 23, 2010 12:47pm
by John Sampson
Truck thru the Ice
From Laconia Citizen Article published Feb 21, 2010 Truck falls through Lake Winnipesaukee ice; passenger, driver safe GILFORD — Two men were taken to the hospital Saturday after the truck they were in went through ice on Lake Winnipesaukee, off Governo...
Views: 570   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 23, 2010 8:34am
by hilltopper
s
Salty
Views: 313   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 22, 2010 10:47pm
by JoeG
Newfound Lake
Just a note to those that may venture onto Newfound Lake. Salmon Slammer and I removed our house yesterday due to ice conditions near our location. A snowmobile and a vehicle went through this weekend about 300 ft from our house. Everyone got out ok, the snowmobilier...
Views: 296   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 22, 2010 9:06am
by FISH N FUN II
MONDAY MEETING???
Is the meeting Monday night still taking place?Just want to make sure>BARRY
Views: 496   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 19, 2010 4:32pm
by Cool Water
Gathering Goodies
We are going to have Boat flags at the gathering this for sure! The price should be around $20 per flag this depends on how many we order? These flags are tried and true I had one on my boat all last season! We also plan on having some long and short sle...
Views: 376   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 21, 2010 4:25pm
by Cool Water
cusk hook and sinker set up.
can anyone send me a photo of a cusk line set up, sinker and hook. thanks. ramtracker@hotmail.com Its sometimes easier to see it.
Views: 404   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 20, 2010 8:49pm
by ram tracker
HOOKS
I'm going to change to signal hooks is one better than another? Is one style better than another? Any imput would be great thanks BARRY
Views: 466   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 20, 2010 2:42pm
by Salmon Hunter
Gathering and cold water fishing expo...
I'm so excited that the gathering has grown to what it is! This year is going to be with out a doubt the biggest and best ever. I have some great things in the works with some super awesome prizes! So don't miss it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! More details coming soon...
Views: 450   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 20, 2010 9:26am
by John Sampson
m
Mac
Boston Boat Show...anyone
Just wondering if anyone is planning to go down...I'm thinking about buying a new GPS/Fishfinder and was wondering if there were any dealer specials going on for attendees.....I'm not looking for a boat and didn't feel like going down there just to find out there was...
Views: 321   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 19, 2010 3:12pm
by Mac
w
W-Fat
Winni 2/12 w/YO-A
Weather was a little breezey,but the possie, B-Man, Mac.White gloves & W-Fat, were prepared. Yo-A has a great set up, with attention to detail, all went smooth. He set a pace that that fit our group well & was pleasant to fish with. We had a good day caught some togu...
Views: 600   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 16, 2010 12:00pm
by John Sampson
Ice Charter opening this Saturday 2-13
I am booked solid through march 2nd right now, the only dates i have open are This saturday Feb, 13th and Sunday Feb 28th. If anyone is interested in this saturday give me a call 603-785-6660 Check the website for my recent reports www.yoadriencharters.com
Views: 500   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 13, 2010 6:13pm
by JoeG
Huge ice ridge on Winni
I was riding the dirtbike around the lake today. There is a huge ice ridge (5 feet tall in some places) that extends from Moose Island to Rum Point (just east of Minge cove) Also, about 1/4 mile east of Rum Point and the pressure ridge is a river of water running on...
Views: 541   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 13, 2010 2:39pm
by Altonbayer
Baker Free Library address
509 South Street, Bow, NH 03304
Views: 327   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 12, 2010 6:55pm
by Russ Johnson
LOL, Reschedule Date
That was supposed to read 2/22/10 at 7 PM.
Views: 402   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 12, 2010 6:41pm
by jusgrinnin
Lets Organize Reschedule
My apologies to any and all folks who have responded or have interest, as I had forgotten that Monday 2/12 is a holiday and I have not been able to secure a meeting site. So it is rescheduled for 2/19 at 7 PM at the Baker Free Library in Bow, NH. It is very easy to g...
Views: 300   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 12, 2010 3:22pm
by Russ Johnson
OK, lets get organized
I could not agree with Travis and the other folks on this site who want to respond to the current Salmon situation on Winni. This subject is very near and dear to my heart as I am sure it is to many who post and read here. As such, this seems like a very logical plac...
Views: 508   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 11, 2010 10:29pm
by sportfish20
b
B-Man
Friday Fishing
Headed up there thur night with Mac,johnny white glove,myself and w-fat.Staying at lazy e and doing a charter with adrien for the day on friday.Looking forward to it and to check out his new ride.Going with adrien we WILL brake the curse of w-fat and he will catch a...
Views: 500   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 11, 2010 9:19am
by Mac
Salmon size.
Russ Johnson and I took a trip to Powder Mill hatchery today, all I can say right now is the Salmon are in great hands and easily on track for the ideal stocking size of 8 or 9 to a pound. Hatchery issues seem to have been resolved, not by luck, but by dedicatio...
Views: 557   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 11, 2010 7:51am
by John Sampson
w
W-Fat
Highland lake
Did 7 hrs. on highland lake in Stoddard today. With co-workers who had never ice fished, and their boys 4 & 6. I had not been on the lake before, first 2 holes I drilled I hit mud, told them I wanted see what kind of bottom it was mud,sand or rocks. Found some deeper...
Views: 538   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 9, 2010 6:04pm
by W-Fat
Lets get organized
It is time for us to get our Fish Lake Winni group organized so that we can try and help our State's Salmon fisheries. I don't want other people making decision for all of us who love our Salmon fishing as much as we all do without our voices being heard! I have so...
Views: 725   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 7, 2010 9:56pm
by Dave P.
salmon fee?
so is it true what im hearing about a fee to salmon fish in the big lake this year? i saw on a post about a week ago that there may be something of the sorts because of how brutal the salmon fishing has been.. also how are we looking for a possible restock of salmon...
Views: 453   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 7, 2010 5:20pm
by John Sampson
Nice to see the Board Back up
Went nuts for 2 days not being able to view my favorite website, Had me scared for a minute that you guys pulled it off the web Phewwwwwwwwww Glad your back. Have a Great Superbowl Sunday everyone, GO SAINTS (yes I can't stand Mr. Cocky Manning Yuckkkkkkkkkkkk) That...
Views: 332   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 7, 2010 12:50pm
by LOL Dave
Fishing Gear For Sale
I have upgraded my fishing gear and want to sell the replaced items. I have three Cannon downriggers (Uni-Troll HP) with low profile swivel bases for $175 each. I have four Cannon 9 inch Gimbal mounts for $35 each. If interested or have any questions, pleas...
Views: 397   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 7, 2010 11:24am
by L Squared
Views: 288   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 7, 2010 10:17am
by Nemesis
DB Smelt Blanks
Preparing for ice out already. Does anybody know where I can buy the DB Smelt blanks so that I can decorate myself? Thanks.
Views: 777   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 6, 2010 2:30pm
by Gray Ghost
b
B-Man
Sunday nubi report
Got to nubi about 8;30 sunday fished till 1 nothing! Mac`s bride had 1 flag pulled out about a foot of line,that was it.Talked to a guy that works for me and he fished hancock end for 2 days nothing! We are fishing the Nelson end.Maybe next weekend B-man
Views: 423   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 3, 2010 7:39pm
by Jon W
Salmon
Recent Salmon article in NH paper, the author will make write future articles on what's being discussed to fix the problem. Looks like this artlicle was timed for the Ice derby. http://www.newhampshire.com/article.aspx?headline=How+catch+and+release+stresses+NH+sa...
Views: 720   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 3, 2010 7:15pm
by Sculpin
Boat For Sale
22 ft. Pro Sport center console; 150 hp. Merc Saltwater Series with 385 hrs. Dual axel galv. trailer with brakes. Boat motor and trailer are in excelent cond. with many extras and add ons. Bought new by me in 2002. The only reason I,m selling it is cause I bought a c...
Views: 476   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 3, 2010 6:44pm
by Yankee Native
This is Interesting??
Ok, so our group got inspected by F&G twice this weekend. On Sunday we had changed Locations, however it was the same Officer, So since he knew we were ok, we just chit chatted for abit. I put the Salmon Derby question right at him. His response basically was........
Views: 665   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 3, 2010 2:19pm
by John Sampson
derby results
I was wondering if anybody knew where i could find a posting of all the derby results? i know last year it took the rotary over a week to post them on their site.
Views: 640   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 2, 2010 9:24am
by John Sampson
Ice Out Contest Link
http://www.winnipesaukee.com/contests/2010/index.cgi?#90
Views: 312   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 1, 2010 7:54pm
by SeaSlayer
w
W-Fat
First Derby
My first winter derby I caught my first cusk, it was little. I caught a toque, it was little. The weather was a little windy And I was a little cold. I ate a little deer meat. I drank a little to much. & I had LOTS of FUN!! TnT W-Fat
Views: 517   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 1, 2010 7:02pm
by Mac
Squam Lake
Am thinking about trying a new place this year for my May vacation.. Squam Lake looks interesting.. Anyone have any opinions on this place for Rainbows/Salmon and more importantly does anyone have any experience with "Boulders Lakefront Motel"
Views: 677   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 1, 2010 8:50am
by John Sampson
Meredith Rotary Derby Board Saturday Afternoon
I think there was a 3.5 lb tagged and a 5.5 lb untagged Rainbow.
Views: 610   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 31, 2010 7:55pm
by LOL Dave
ossipee conditions
going up tonight, can i drive onto the lake, are the accesses good an open, and is there much snow cover. would ask in IS. but their site is down yet again
Views: 426   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 29, 2010 9:23am
by fishlessman
Rotary Derby
Good Luck to all fishing the Derby this weekend! Hold on to your hat as the wind is Howling. Our gang will be out this weekend. Hope to see some of you guys on the board.
Views: 446   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 29, 2010 8:20am
by 'White Perch Ass...
b
bag
lead core vs wire
I was wondering if wire vs lead core works I have 2 lead core set ups - does anyone use wire, I have a reel with a counter on it, any ideas
Views: 718   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jan 27, 2010 10:15pm
by John Sampson
j
jnj
smelt shack
For sale really nice little 2 man smelt shack. Also has rattle reels for trout. can be seen in Loudon $200. 783-9337 John
Views: 466   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 27, 2010 12:37pm
by jnj
barbless hooks
whos tried it and how did it work for salmon trolling. i fish barbless flyfishing and find it works excellent in close quarter nymph fishing where the line is more verticle landing fish to the water, when its a longer line and a flatter angle of line to water the qui...
Views: 481   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 26, 2010 5:27pm
by John Sampson
b
B-Man
Sat nubi report
Went to nubi with mac and his future bride and my son and 2 other guys and we got NUBI`ed 3 flags no fish, beautyfull day.Got there at 7 and I left at 3.Plenty of deer meat to eat and good company.Went last sunday and got 1 flag no fish.Got to get better can not get...
Views: 609   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 26, 2010 8:58am
by B-Man
This is why the Winni Derby is cancelled!
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c8c_1263420313 Cut and paste the above link. I filmed these guys last year. I did turn them into F&G but the damage was already done I guess. Forget the rubber net and hook wounds....the shovel does the most damage. A must se...
Views: 786   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 25, 2010 8:55pm
by Joe P
Truck through ice in Alton Bay
There is a truck frozen in the ice that broke through last night. Its in the cove on the south side of Echo Point in Alton Bay. Rear wheels are submerged and its tilted pretty good. One front tire is only in up to lugs, the other is deeper. I know from trolling the a...
Views: 813   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jan 24, 2010 3:21pm
by Dave P.
leadcore???
What do you use for backing leadcore???TKS BARRY
Views: 459   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 24, 2010 12:33pm
by jusgrinnin
g
Greg
PLEASE DON"T DO THIS.....cut and paste link to open
Just an example of what will (could happen) during the winter Rotary Derby, and throughout the entire ice fishing season. CUT THE LINE, do not pull fish (salmon) out of the water, tail wrapped or not!! The eyes will freeze, and Salmon will no longer be able to feed...
Views: 1052   Replies: 20
Last Post: Jan 24, 2010 10:27am
by John Sampson
l
Link
Atlantic Salmon Restoration in Lake O
Check out this website about the restoration effort in Lake Ontario. Perhaps we can learn something about our own fishery. Just copy and paste the link. http://bringbackthesalmon.ca/ Enjoy, Rob
Views: 559   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 23, 2010 4:14pm
by Salty
ControllKing Pricing for 2010
I have had a recent flurry of activity on Controllking units. 2 units sold this week to Fishlakewinni people. They are no more than $193.16. the other models are $191.00 when you go thru me at this time. Even the MFG sells them for more on his site. Cabelas is up to...
Views: 429   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 23, 2010 8:06am
by Nemesis
Winni
I personally think the problem is due to the increase in boat traffic, new type gas, and all the building going on the waterfront with the greener then green lawns and the tons of fertilizer used to maintain them that eventually ends up in the lake. I don’t bel...
Views: 643   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 20, 2010 11:16pm
by Altonbayer
Charter openings for fishing derby 5/14-5/17
After hearing about your derby on Winni being cancled. I wanted to let you know that I have openings on my boat for a small brown derby the same weekend. My charters are run on a 22' center console startcraft. I do not run a mate so my charters are designed for clien...
Views: 365   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 20, 2010 9:28pm
by Schools out
ALL OUR EGGS IN ONE BASKET
I know we are all trying to find a way to improve Winni salmon. I'm wondering about the other salmon lakes as well. If we can take some pressure off Winni by improving Sunapee, the Conn. lakes, maybe try Mascoma and Crystal again to try to spread it out a little. Di...
Views: 443   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 20, 2010 5:48pm
by jusgrinnin
salmon quality vs quantity who's to blame?
Having grown up on Lake Winni and fished it since I was knee-high to a grasshopper (1965) would like to make a few points: 1. Tired of posts blaming ice fishermen for poor salmon fishing - I like to fish both open water & ice fishing - I don't think either has the...
Views: 450   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 20, 2010 4:18pm
by Salmo Salar
m
Matt
tip up talk
Just a curious, Is there any creel surveys that offer any insights on how these derbies effect the salmon fishing. I liked Jason Parents post in regard to his analogy of fish quality following a cyclic trend. Seams to follow the same that idea I have about deer hunt...
Views: 492   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 20, 2010 12:55pm
by YOAdrien
Winni Derby Cancellation
Just for the record I would like everyone to know that Rick Davis and his Derby directors cancelled the Derby of there own accord. They began the Derby to help salmon and they put it on hold because of the temporary salmon problem. They didn't talk about it. They...
Views: 570   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 20, 2010 10:13am
by John Sampson
Winni Salmon Fishery
I think Travis(Cool Water) has some great thoughts about moving forward and realigning the balance of of the lake relative to forage and game fish.However the original design of the landlocked salmon fishery at Winni was as a put and take fishery as the lake has suc...
Views: 406   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 19, 2010 9:55pm
by phil webster
2010 Outlook
By the end of last year, I decided that I would focus on fly fishing I have been fishing lakes for the last 5 years. I really miss the casting and reading of the water, and more importantly trying to match the hatch. All of the recent salmon developments, further v...
Views: 487   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 19, 2010 9:53pm
by Chappy
derby 2
I'll start by saying, I'm glad to see so many posts to my rant. Dave you don't know me that's right and yes I've posted here in the past its been close to 3 years. What info I've posted was minimal at best. My point was that there is too much info. I never intended t...
Views: 583   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jan 19, 2010 6:53pm
by Russ Johnson
salmon situation
I have never posted anything on this sight before but I do read it occasionally.I've seen a few "silent fisherman" like myself come out of the woodwork to add thier thoughts, so I figured I would add mine.I'm not sure exactly what the problem is but I think we all kn...
Views: 361   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 19, 2010 3:38pm
by Randy Gagne
Need some Help
I can tell by reading the post’s we are all fired up about the state of our fishery. Some have made some great points well others have wondered off a bit but no matter how you look at it we all care! I think it is time we get together. I would like to start...
Views: 784   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jan 19, 2010 2:55pm
by fishlessman
Salmon Issue
Hi everyone, I have been reading the forum for a few years now, but have never posted to it. I would like to say a few things about the Salmon problem. First the lack of Smelt in my mind is probably the number one issue. Second the lack of quality management from Fis...
Views: 425   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 19, 2010 2:32pm
by FISH"N"247
my thoughts on the Lake’s, The Derby and the future of our States Salmon program.
Well Guys and Gal’s we are facing some tough times on our States Salmon Lake’s that is for sure. I have not posted anything yet because I wanted to sit back and digest all the coming and going info as well as discuss some of these things with the States...
Views: 940   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jan 19, 2010 2:11pm
by Dick Baker
g
Greg
Rotary Derby Sales up 25%...Salmon Beware
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=135187.msg1325488#msg1325488 MEREDITH – Ticket sales for the 31st annual Great Rotary Fishing Derby, which will be held on the last weekend of the month, are running far ahead of last year's pace. "We'r...
Views: 532   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 19, 2010 12:19pm
by Fishrod
Board for Salmon Relief Project
Good Morning fellow anglers and friends, Many of you know me by my sign on name, but I want to be clear who I am. My name is Jason Parent, I am a fishing Guide and retail fishing supplier on Lake Winnipesaukee. It is very easy to give an opinion when you do not...
Views: 653   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 19, 2010 6:42am
by triple D
Bob House For Sale- Cheap
6x6 vinal sided,bump-out for heater. Needs work on roof and runners. $85. 736-9949 Cal P.
Views: 414   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 18, 2010 8:47pm
by fisherjeep
Chapter 2 As to why there are no Trophy Salmon in Winn
Why Has the Smile of the Great Spirit turned into a frown? We have heard many ideas as to why and how to solve the small size of the salmon in Lake Winnipesauke. Some say it is hook wounds, some say it is not using rubber nets. Some say it is too many rods per...
Views: 678   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jan 18, 2010 7:26pm
by The old fisherma...
Florida fishing
Coming to Florida to do some fishing ???? Because of the fish kill due to cold water, there are some temporary regulations. Snook closed til September Reds and Tarpon until March Party boats are catching Grouper and Snapper that would be dwarfed by any Winni...
Views: 274   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 18, 2010 5:43pm
by John Sampson
When are we going to start holding F&G responsible?
It seems like everyone is suggesting that the solution to the poor fishery in Winni is to make us all cut back on fishing. That’s like saying the perfect fishery would have no fishermen at all. I disagree. Fish and game is financed by fishermen to maintain a...
Views: 575   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 18, 2010 5:28pm
by Jonny
j
jim
travis good report
we all want big fish back at winni. then it slot limit and all fish 19 and up go back. no fish at this size may be kept. this would keep all big fish in lake winni for are egg and for our fishery. It would be a great sacrafise to make but would keep are sport of...
Views: 409   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 18, 2010 1:13pm
by MARKT
r
redhat
my thoughts of some change
change winter derby back to largest lake trout + cusk as thay reproduce them self it may also help save salmon w/hook wounds. stay with 2 lines per person because people still fish from shore,but limit 5 lines per boat. also rubber nets only and maybe barbless hooks.
Views: 275   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 18, 2010 9:42am
by redhat
derby
The reason the Derby is cancelled and the fish quality is in the toilet, is this websight and the self promoting people who developed it. Bragging about how many fish caught on a daily basis. Also the non stop information that is so easily available on this sight. It...
Views: 632   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jan 18, 2010 8:54am
by Chris
w
W-Fat
Gregg Lake Antrim
First time on this small lake. Got the dogface out of his cave & dusted him off . Met a co-worker & his son at his bob house. His girl friend showed up with another 10 year old. We ate hot dogs threw the football, hit the puck around, got out the lacross sticks, play...
Views: 338   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 17, 2010 6:51pm
by W-Fat
salmon disease
Was I dreaming this or was it a few years ago that I read on this site that Winni salmon had some kind of disease,you weren't allowed to clean your salmon and dump the entrails into the lake.Anybody think this might be the problem?
Views: 324   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 17, 2010 5:22pm
by poleski
Winni Alternatives
It's sad to hear about the cancellation of the derby. When I worked on the road (NATGUN), I worked with a guy from Tilton and he spoke highly of the fishing in Winnipesaukee and Winnisquam. It's sad to see how our fisheries change over time. However, New York also...
Views: 381   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 16, 2010 11:49pm
by Andrew Grisenthw...
Lake Ontario
Capt. Dave here. I live in Vermont and I travel out west to Olcott,NY to fish Lake Ontario each spring. I have a 28 foot boat that's roomy and comfortable and enough lures to make any fish's head turn. If your interested give me a call at 802 233 3869
Views: 300   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 16, 2010 11:06pm
by Nemesis
Lake Ontario anyone?
With the recent news of the derby cancellation I would like to formally invite everyone to fish Lake Ontario that weekend (or any weekend, for that matter). The fishing in Lake Ontario in May is absolutely incredible. I fish out of the port of Wilson, NY--about 30...
Views: 296   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 16, 2010 10:38pm
by Rick Krane
b
BUNKEE
SPRING DERBY CANCELLED
Just read it on union leader! Salmon are too small!
Views: 924   Replies: 30
Last Post: Jan 16, 2010 10:14pm
by LOL Dave
Lets go to Champlain for a derby !!
Spring derby lake champlain. Nice kick ass fish. Salmon ,browns , big browns, big lakers. Lots of prizes, big prizes. Run 2 rods per fisherman. Beat up on there fish for a derby. I believe they have several derbies out there in the spring. I like the idea. *smile*
Views: 442   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 16, 2010 10:10pm
by LOL Dave
c
C.C.
lake ontario / Lake champlain
Guys dont get depressed these are great waters for fishing!!!!! Give winni a chance to grow. If its any help I will not be on winni in the spring of 2010 I will be on other bodys of water for 2010. ocean, Great lakes, ocean,,ocean!!! Cc
Views: 320   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 16, 2010 8:37pm
by C.C.
j
J.R.
Martha Coakley blunders again !!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmNpcMHwOa8
Views: 473   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 16, 2010 5:17pm
by Dave P.
Charter Boat Fishing Lake Ontario, Drift Boat Salmon River
Plenty of big salmon and trout in Lake Ontario and its tributaries. Please visit our web site www.lateroncharters.com We can arrange accomodations as well as fishing outings. Jan Z
Views: 229   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 16, 2010 5:09pm
by Jan Zwirko
c
chris
advocate for 3 rods per boat
I'd like to advocate for 3 rods per boat while trolling(not 3 rods per angler). I fish alone at times and can't always cover all the bases. In spring and fall an ideal set up could be one topwater, one leadcore, and one downrigger. This would help those who fish alon...
Views: 409   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 16, 2010 1:30pm
by chris
Lake Ontario anyone Part #2
Anyone thats up for the challenge we have several grat tournaments on Lake Ontario. One of the best is the Pro/Ams. There are 4 such events up the coast of the Lake starting with the Niagara (6/5 - 6/6), followed by the Orleans (6/12-6/13), Oswego (7/10-7/11) and end...
Views: 219   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 16, 2010 1:10pm
by Howard Nola
b
B-Man
I have seen it coming!
Mac and myself have been coming to the derby for over 20 tears and have seen the highs and lowes of the derby some years we do well and Reg fish in to the derby and win prizes and other years we get just a few.Back at the 94 derby I almost died of Hypo when I lost th...
Views: 394   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 16, 2010 11:05am
by B-Man
p
Phil
can derby resume
I can understand the reasoning behind cancelling the derby, although I know it hits members of the site hard. My only concern is that can the derby continue in later years if it is cancelled this year. I heard that the fall rainbow derby can not resume because it was...
Views: 431   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 15, 2010 7:33pm
by Gray Ghost
Fishing and Managing Landlocked Salmon from one anglers viewpoint
As we all discuss the frustration of the decreasing fish size in Lake Winnipesaukee and try to put the solution in words we must keep the basics in mind. Drawing on over 80 years of concentrated fishing experience on Winni my father and I often discuss the situation...
Views: 685   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 15, 2010 5:58pm
by John Sampson
How Many?
How Many of you are still going to have your guys weekend and go out on the lake Salmon Fishing that weekend? Am I crazy to think my group / 12 years in a row guys weekend will just desolve?
Views: 312   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 15, 2010 4:48pm
by Sculpin
Winni Ice Conditions
Can anyone give us an over all ice report report for the lake. Or any portion that your sure of ? Thank You Mike
Last Post: Jan 15, 2010 6:54am
by C.C.
w
W-Fat
Laurel lake
Took comp. day yesterday, spent 5 hrs. on the ice 15 tip-ups, with the daughter & another coed. Not a bite! Oh well norm. for the W-Fat (10" of ice)Hope to get out more now that the holiday 2 do list is done. Question ??? is there any cusk in Pagus Bay? TnT W-Fat
Last Post: Jan 15, 2010 5:00am
by Anrik1
2 LINES PER BOAT ON WINNI????
I just heard a nasty rumor that F&G is considering a new reg. limiting Winni to 2 lines per boat! Has anybody else heard anything on this?
Views: 552   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 14, 2010 7:22pm
by LOL Dave
Fishing report
Fishing is so good here in Florida you don't even need a pole, all you need is a net. Snook and other fish are floating around belly up (dead) the water temp (low 50's) in the Gulf and backwaters are so cold the fish can't survive. Fishiing charter boats have about...
Views: 515   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 14, 2010 6:06pm
by John Sampson
Great deal on lures!
Anyone looking to add to their spoon collection? If so, check out Savant Spoon. Tom is running a killer deal right now. Forty percent off any order of Savant Spoons over $40. This includes his new "crusher" spoon. The crusher was great for us on Lake Ontario this las...
Views: 611   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 14, 2010 2:36pm
by fishlessman
Another NH outdorrsmen hero
The amber alert back in november out of Sanford Maine was found by an avid hunting/fisherman from Milton NH. Mike Grant was chosen ,for his heroism ,to be last years amber alert hero in the north east. He will be honored in portland maine on January 30th. He found t...
Views: 337   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 13, 2010 6:42pm
by Fish"N"247
Grady
Anyone have an idea what my 85 Grady Tournament 192 with brand new full canvas enclosure and 140 Evinrude on roller trailer might be worth? Anyone interested in it? I may sell it to get a bigger one. thanks bill
Views: 471   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 13, 2010 5:21pm
by John Sampson
camp
Anyone know of a camp on Newfound that would hold 7-8 people? thanks bill
Views: 492   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 12, 2010 10:31am
by bill d
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Free Forum powered by Bravenet